Future Rino 130 Update

Cymbaline

Posting this as an FYI, and is only applicable to Rino 130 owners.

I previously owned (well, still own) a Rino 110. After it went swimming this past June/July - well out of warranty - I went ahead and upgrade to the Rino 130.

I noticed right away that the lat/long data in the "Location" box on the Navigation page was different - the data field fonts were much smaller and harder to read. I've been meaning to ask Garmin about it, but never got around to it.

Yesterday I did. I sent an email, and got a response saying "they look the same to us." So I called in and explained in detail. The guy on the phone then compared, side-by-side, Rino 110, 120, and 130 units..

..and as it turns out, the Rino 130 (and only the 130) data field in the Location box on the Navigation page does, indeed, have a smaller font when the display format is set to hddd.mm.mmmm , which is what I use it in 99.9% of the time.

He showed it to his supervisor, who agreed that this should be an easy fix, and is forwarding it on to their software guys. Soo.. long story short, look for a future software update with this fix.

Again, you may not have noticed the difference or even known there was one, but it's a heckuva bunch easier to see/read the larger font. He said it should be around in the next couple of months.