Sign in to follow this  
Followers 7
fly46

It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

Team J-Rose Racing - Kenseth, Kahne and Roberts are on their way to TN via first class (USPS) accomidations. Would it be to much imposition to take a pic of the whole team (*publicity thing, you know*) when they arrive, since I couldn't? Thanks!

So I should probably not tell you that the BElliott car I got is #97, huh?

BTW, Fireball's number is 22.

So I should probably not tell you that the BElliott car I got is #97, huh?

BTW, Fireball's number is 22.

Thanks for the heads up, lol.

I'll fix that stuff tonight, and add pending drivers

cachesafari..nice graphics!! :rolleyes:

And in the spirit of friendly competition, something I've been working on:

nascar05tb.jpg

Use it, lose it but I am ready to race!

Edited by MRCOGEO

Dang... discovered this too late. I don't htink I have time to get a bug and get a car to Florida. Instead, I'll be a spectator. :rolleyes:

Dang... discovered this too late. I don't htink I have time to get a bug and get a car to Florida. Instead, I'll be a spectator. :o

If you already have a tag, you could.

There's still two weeks.

Dang... discovered this too late. I don't htink I have time to get a bug and get a car to Florida. Instead, I'll be a spectator. 
If you already have a tag, you could.

There's still two weeks.

Can someone lend him/her a tag?

1signature2zl.jpg

Martin Truex, Jr - Bass Pro Shops car, #8, is going in the mail today. Activated Bug today. I work for Bass Pro Shops in Auburn, NY. First Travel Bug and 1st race. Hope to be first in race. :D

Fly46,

On the application form, the tag number you are asking for is the number that appears on the web site, not the tracking number? is that correct?

fishhook1

Finally!!! After an unfairly long detention by TPTB in pre-race inspection (Groundspeak goofed my order and delayed shipping my travel bug tags by a week!) ,

The boys of my team (Kevin, Tony and Ryan) will be on their way first thing in the morning. I will post a pic of the team in a little bit when I have time to upload it.

First, let me say I know nothing about NASCAR (I know...I should be kicked out of the south). But that doesn't prevent me from being enthusiastic about entering my first travel bug race!

I have a TB tag...I have a car...what I don't know is who drove it...if I read the NASCAR website correctly, maybe its Buckshot Jones (might violate the obscure rule, tho').

The car I have is like this one. Y'all help me out...and if it's one that's not yet entered, I'll tune it up and send it!

EDIT: To fix link, and describe the car for folks who don't follow the link - it is a Hot Wheels 2001 #44 Brawny Dodge.

Edited by SwampGoat

I have a TB tag...I have a car...what I don't know is who drove it...if I read the NASCAR website correctly, maybe its Buckshot Jones (might violate the obscure rule, tho'). 

Somebody with better knowledge may fill in but...

But like you said Buckshot was racing (crashing?) the #44 in 2001

Also the #44 is owned by Petty Enterprises and has been raced by Buckshot, Nadeu and some others that I can't remember right now.

(WHOOPS POSTED BY FAMILY TEAM OF MRCOGEO)

Edited by Team CAPND

Well, I've done about as much research as I can on the web...it's clear Buckshot had #44 during those years and drove for Georgia Pacific, etc. I can't find any evidence his car looked exactly like this (with red instead of blue) though.

I've gone ahead and activated my bug, made its page and going to send it in.

If it gets disqualified, then I'll just have to give the pit crew their severance and go back to pumping gas! ;)

Buckshot did, in fact race that in 2001. Interestingly enough, six different drivers raced the car in 2002, Buckshot being one of them. (The others were Fittipaldi, Biffle, Grissom, Nadeau and Musgrave)... I did reply to your email, but I'll also reply to tell you here that you can use the car. Buckshot is now claimed.

The rules did say that I wanted at least semi official merchandise to be used for the bugs... This was a licenced collectible, so there's no worries at all.

It doesn't matter if it's the code that's on the bugs special page (The TBXXXX) or the six digit number that's on the bug's tag, just so long as there's one of the two. This makes it easier for me to find the bug on the site if I need to. People have done it both ways.

I'm actually amazed at how many different interperetations of the entry form there were. It's interesting to see how people take a simple instruction and follow it. It made for a great sociology experiment and I wasn't even trying. lol.

Seriously, though, just fill out the form the best you can. lol!

Geoffrey Bodine has also been claimed for the race.

I'll update the website tomorrow probably.

Kenseth, Kahne, Roberts and DW are here and arguing over who gets which pit stall. lol.

fly46,

I just put my TB entry's in the mail, USPS Priority. With the rain and road closures we have had here in CA, it took 10 DAYS to get the TB's from WA. They should be there in time. I will post a link for all 3 in the next few days.

• Ca Racetramp / Ernie Irvan
  • nkansastoto / Alan Kulwicki
  • Team Me & Honey / Davey Allison

WOO HOO, I can't wait for the NASCAR season 2005 to start. This TB race will make it that much better. Thanks fly46!!!!

Patty is in a #14, one that she and Elton owned for a year while Elton was in Winston Cup.

Trickle is in a #90. I actually was looking for any JunieD car, it's just a coincidence that Trickle is listed as the driver of the one I found. Better him than Mike Wallace.

Fly46:

Let me know if any of the graphics a few post up are the ones you want to use. If so I can add them to the information on the Travel Bug Races and Games website.

Buckshot Jones' #44 car was put into a specially-designed USPS car-carrier on Tuesday so should arrive very soon. His racing page is here. Nothing fancy--but hey with a name like Buckshot what do you expect?!

Was great to see him on the official race page. Didn't see the #44 on the bulletin board yet, but am confident Pack Rat will get it on there in short order.

Yee-haw!

Get them bugs here ASAP!

You can use any of the above graphics on the site, any of them will be fine.

According to UPS tracking of my package my car, Martin Truex, Jr - Bass Pro Shops, arrived at fly46's pit area on Thursday. Car so fast it left paperwork behind. It is coming separately by USPS. :(

Truex is here. His paperwork is here, too, interestingly enough. (Bug yesterday, paperwork today)

Kulwicki, Allison, Ervin are here.

Buckshot is here.

Green is here.

Glad to hear Martin Truex, Jr - Bass Pro Shops and paperwork have arrived. Surprised that regular mail was just as fast as UPS and a lot less expensive. Next time, USPS.

Kulwicki, Allison, Ervin are here.

Woo Hoo, glad my bugs are there!!! :ph34r:

BTW, probably just a typo, but it is IRVAN, not Ervin.

Actually, not a typo, but the result of a long day and me trying to remember which driver it was. lol. At the time Kenny Irwin was just starting to race, there were a few interesting hybrid spellings of the two. lol

I asked my mother to ask her friend if I could borrow her digital camera. Except that she was on vacation last week, and it's a brand new camera, so she probably won't lend it, she'll probably bring it over and watch me use it or take them herself.

Don't worry. I want a couple group race pictures.

Tony et all are here now.

Geoffrey is here (kinda)

If you have not yet gotten your travel bug to me, this is crunch time.

There is one week left to go through the grips of the postal service.

Will you make it in time or will you be black flagged before you even start?

Tony et all are here now.

Geoffrey is here (kinda)

If you have not yet gotten your travel bug to me, this is crunch time.

There is one week left to go through the grips of the postal service.

Will you make it in time or will you be black flagged before you even start?

How can a bug be here, kinda? (unless its in pieces...)

Geoffrey is here (kinda)

Um...? Did I send something incorrectly, Fly? :lol: Please let me know!

Terry finally left the shop today...when they dropped the Jack, things were more damaged then they thought...then they decided to add some better brakes for the U-Turns, and it all added up...

But anyway, everything was mailed out today

Tony et all are here now

Sure, sure just mention Him...Kevin and Ryan aren't important enough....LOL Just kidding...glad they made it, are they in good shape?

Because I was sitting here going... Tony and... umm.. um... um.... lol. You always remember the guys you want. Those other two are married!

Geoff's here kinda because I'm *still* waiting for tags for him. (Same reason my bugs aren't ready yet)

Groundspeak is extremly slow when you order through their free shipping/paypal link. And I'm a tad upset that they charged my credit card almost a week before they actually got around to mailing the tags.

Will you be updating your page soon?

The page will update maybe today.

I was getting bugs by the truckload, so I was just putting it off. I think they're almost all here now.