It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

fly46

I'm going to contact a cache owner to see if a certain small cache in Milwaukee is big enough to accomodate TBs and declare that change soon too.

Djwini says that Plan C for Milwaukee can handle TBs, so Candles In The Wind replaces the now archived The Best Laid Plans. It happens to be a little closer to the track. ;) At least one TB made it to The Best Laid Plans and that visit will remain on the score sheet.

I'm not going to manage to finish a new webpage before an upcoming trip, so that'll stay on the to-do list for awhile. Below is an up-to-date list of the goal caches. If I have time, I'll try to post an update of the standings before leaving.

Pre-start in Daytona - The Man In Black

Start in Daytona - The Luxurious Daytona Beach T/B Pit Stop

Leg #2 in Darlington - Too Tough To Tame

Leg #3 in Bristol - Red Wings at White Top

replaced World's Fastest Half Mile, which seems to get muggled every other race weekend

Leg #4 in Dover - St. Jones River Trail

Leg #5 near Loudon - Loon Loop

Leg #6 in Watkins Glen - The Ramshackle Chalet

Leg #7 in Indianapolis - Team J&K Finds 500!!

Leg #8 in Milwaukee - Candles in the Wind

replaced Rocksplitter and The Best Laid Plans, both of which have been archived

Leg #9 at Infenion - Infineon and Beyond

Leg #10 near Fontana - Hillview Surprise Package

replaced California Speedway Race Car Cache, which was judged too small by someone looking to place a racer in the cache

Leg #11 near Pikes Peak - PPIR Auto Go

Leg #12 in Fort Worth - Come Join Plaidbeard's Pit Crew!

Leg #13 in Atlanta - Nineteenth Hole Travel Bug Depot

Finish in Homestead - BALLS - BIRDS & the Village of Homestead

replaced Bay Look Out Point, now archived

Here is the current scoresheet for the race. Except for the clear leader, this ranking list is absolutely subjective, tending to favor closeness to the next goal and recent activity.

Current Goal - Indianapolis

1. Martin Truex Jr. by fishhook1 - Currently in the hands of a Chicago geocacher.

Current Goal - Dover

2. Ward Burton by Barefoot - Currently in the hands of a northern Delaware geocacher.

3. Mark Martin by MrCOgeo - Currently in the hands of a South Carolina geocacher.

4. Ryan Newman by In Search of Faeries - Left by a Pennsylvania geocacher in an event near Chattanooga.

5. Patty Moise by QOCMike - Currently in the hands of a Cleveland TN geocacher.

Current Goal - Bristol

6. Kurt Busch by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in a TB "hotel" near Morristown TN.

7. Kyle Petty by fly46 - Currently in a rest area cache near Athens TN.

8. Davey Allison by Team Me and Honey - Currently in a geocache near King NC.

9. Dave Marcis by QOCMike - Currently in the hands of the owner.

10. Bill Elliott by LisaS - Currently in a geocache in Rockingham NC.

11. Harry Gant by the Neverlanders - Currently in a geocache in Rockingham NC.

12. Bobby Hamilton Jr. by fly46 - Currently making an out-of-order visit to the Watkins Glen goal cache.

13. Dick Trickle by QOCMike - Currently in a geocache near Lake Mary FL.

14. Ernie Irvan by Ca Racetramp - A novice geocacher appears to have taken him unlogged out of a geocache near Mansfield PA.

15. Casey Atwood by fly46 - Last seen near Lake Lanier GA.

Current Goal - Darlington

16. Buckshot Jones by SwampGoat - Currently in a geocache near Greeneville SC.

17. Matt Kenseth by wv-yen - Currently in a geocache in Newport News VA.

18. Kerry Earnhardt by Cameron Douglas - Currently in a geocache near Nashville TN.

19. Glenn "Fireball" Roberts by wv-yen - Currently in a geocache near Spokane WA.

20. Kevin Harvick by In Search of Faeries - Currently in the hands of a Washington State geocacher.

21. Kasey Kahne by wv-yen - Currently in the hands of a Chicago geocacher.

22. Darrell Waltrip by John N Jess - Currently in a geocache in Denver CO.

23. Dale Earnhardt Jr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in the hands of a Cleveland TN geocacher.

24. Dale Earnhardt Sr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in a geocache in Oxford MS.

25. Geoffery Bodine by Limax - Currently in a geocache near Boston MA (he could probably use a bobsled right about now).

26. Alan Kulwicki by nkansastoto - Currently in a very isolated geocache near Asheville NC.

27. Ted Musgrave by mtmitchellbound - Currently in a TB "hotel" near ... um ... nowhere (Bristol TN).

28. Tony Stewart by In Search of Faeries - Currently in the hands of an Oregon geocacher.

29. Elliot Sadler by the Neverlanders - Currently in the hands of a Long Island NY geocacher.

30. Rusty Wallace by MrCOgeo - Last seen making an out-of-order visit to the Milwaukee goal cache.

31. Casey Mears by Barefoot - Last seen in a geocache near Riverside CA. He has visited both California tracks out-of-order.

32. Jimmie Johnson by Square Bear - Last seen in a geocache near Byron GA.

33. Jeremy Mayfield by CacheSafari - Last seen in a geocache near Newman GA.

34. Jeff Green by kydj68 - Last seen in a geocache near Columbus GA.

35. Terry Labonte by Pack Rat 24 - Currently in the hands of a Dayton OH geocacher.

36. Jeff Burton by the Neverlanders - Last seen in a geocache near Jacksonville FL.

37. Jeff Gordon by MrCOgeo - Last seen in the start cache in Daytona Beach FL.

Here is the current scoresheet for the race. Except for the clear leader, this ranking list is absolutely subjective, tending to favor closeness to the next goal and recent activity.

1. Martin Truex Jr. by fishhook1 - Currently in the hands of a Chicago geocacher.

Current Goal - Dover

2. Ward Burton by Barefoot - Currently in the hands of a northern Delaware geocacher.

3. Mark Martin by MrCOgeo - Currently in the hands of a South Carolina geocacher.

4. Ryan Newman by In Search of Faeries - Left by a Pennsylvania geocacher in an event near Chattanooga.

5. Patty Moise by QOCMike - Currently in the hands of a Cleveland TN geocacher.

Current Goal - Bristol

6. Kurt Busch by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in a TB "hotel" near Morristown TN.

7. Kyle Petty by fly46 - Currently in a rest area cache near Athens TN.

8. Davey Allison by Team Me and Honey - Currently in a geocache near King NC.

9. Dave Marcis by QOCMike - Currently in the hands of the owner.

12. Bobby Hamilton Jr. by fly46 - Currently making an out-of-order visit to the Watkins Glen goal cache.

13. Dick Trickle by QOCMike - Currently in a geocache near Lake Mary FL.

14. Ernie Irvan by Ca Racetramp - A novice geocacher appears to have taken him unlogged out of a geocache near Mansfield PA.

15. Casey Atwood by fly46 - Last seen near Lake Lanier GA.

16. Buckshot Jones by SwampGoat - Currently in a geocache near Greeneville SC.

17. Matt Kenseth by wv-yen - Currently in a geocache in Newport News VA.

18. Kerry Earnhardt by Cameron Douglas - Currently in a geocache near Nashville TN.

19. Glenn "Fireball" Roberts by wv-yen - Currently in a geocache near Spokane WA.

20. Kevin Harvick by In Search of Faeries - Currently in the hands of a Washington State geocacher.

21. Kasey Kahne by wv-yen - Currently in the hands of a Chicago geocacher.

22. Darrell Waltrip by John N Jess - Currently in a geocache in Denver CO.

23. Dale Earnhardt Jr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in the hands of a Cleveland TN geocacher.

24. Dale Earnhardt Sr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in a geocache in Oxford MS.

25. Geoffery Bodine by Limax - Currently in a geocache near Boston MA (he could probably use a bobsled right about now).

26. Alan Kulwicki by nkansastoto - Currently in a very isolated geocache near Asheville NC.

27. Ted Musgrave by mtmitchellbound - Currently in a TB "hotel" near ... um ... nowhere (Bristol TN).

28. Tony Stewart by In Search of Faeries - Currently in the hands of an Oregon geocacher.

29. Elliot Sadler by the Neverlanders - Currently in the hands of a Long Island NY geocacher.

30. Rusty Wallace by MrCOgeo - Last seen making an out-of-order visit to the Milwaukee goal cache.

31. Casey Mears by Barefoot - Last seen in a geocache near Riverside CA. He has visited both California tracks out-of-order.

35. Terry Labonte by Pack Rat 24 - Currently in the hands of a Dayton OH geocacher.

36. Jeff Burton by the Neverlanders - Last seen in a geocache near Jacksonville FL.

Thanks for the updates on this. It's nice of you to keep up with things since the organizer bailed on us. I was considering last year doing a NASCAR race for this year, but now with the closeness of the season and the fact that I doubt anyone would trust again, after what fly46 did, I won't try. I had fun, so as you pointed out the price wasn't too high, but my bugs are on their way back to me....they had a nice trip and the cars will now be retired to my caching collection, and the tags re-used.

Thanks everybody, and continue to have fun! :mellow:

Between a long road trip and some computer problems, I'm just now catching up on things. A new race web page is still deep on the to do list. I did manage to handle two of my entrants and three fellow competitors during the trip. I tried to find my third TB but discovered what may be a missing cache instead. Although not in the posted order, I have now visited the caches from pre-start through Dover.

Five goals reached since the last update, four of them reached by yours truly. Eighteen of the entrants have moved since the last update, some of them in the right direction.

Regarding Hillview Surprise: With no TBs in the area, I'm going to let that sit "as is" while catching up on other matters (caching and otherwise). Hopefully, that situation will clear up by itself with additional time.

Regarding the replacement of a missing TB with a duplicate tag (and new car/card/bobblehead): Neither the original rules package nor any subsequent discussion covered such a situation. Therefore, it isn't prohibited. Truex/fishhook has just done such a thing, with the discovery of the relevant cache being destroyed. Here's a little bit of a rules package to cover such things from here out. The TB must be clearly missing (except for Trickle, all listed in this update as "last seen" seem to be clearly missing, as is the Labonte TB which has been bugnapped for a year). It must be restarted either in the area of where it was last seen or in the area of the prior goal cache reached, based on advantage, owner preference, and/or the ability to solicit a cacher in a relevant area to make a placement for a restart. An owner cannot request that someone plunder a TB for the purpose of restarting the backup in a more favorable location. No changing drivers, the item must still relate to the original choice, although some latitude regarding a homemade item may be allowed. Discussion welcome.

Discussion - As far as the TBs that have been missing for a long period of time, well, your opponent thought of bringing out the backup first, so it's his advantage that he noticed that it wasn't prohibited and acted quickly. Another thought on bringing out the backup TBs is that this TB race is dragging a bit more than even I expected, and my race length predictions were pessimistic. Therefore, it should be worthwhile to restart and reactivate more TBs to freshen up the race.

Here is an updated scoresheet. It is still a subjective listing.

1. Martin Truex Jr. by fishhook1 - Currently in a geocache near Chicago IL.

Current Goal - New Hampshire

2. Ward Burton by Barefoot - Currently in the goal cache in Dover DE.

Current Goal - Dover

3. Patty Moise by QOCMike - Currently in the hands of the owner.

4. Ryan Newman by In Search of Faeries - Currently in the hands of a Kentucky geocacher.

5. Mark Martin by MrCOgeo - Currently in a geocache in Geneva IL.

6. Dave Marcis by QOCMike - Currently in the goal cache in Bristol TN.

Current Goal - Bristol

7. Kurt Busch by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in a TB "hotel" near Morristown TN.

8. Kyle Petty by fly46 - Currently in a geocache in Knoxville TN.

9. Davey Allison by Team Me and Honey - Currently in an event in Winston-Salem NC.

12. Ernie Irvan by Ca Racetramp - Currently in a geocache in Marlborough PA.

13. Bobby Hamilton Jr. by fly46 - Currently in the hands of a PA geocacher. He has an out-of-order visit to Watkins Glen.

14. Matt Kenseth by wv-yen - Currently in the hands of a SC cacher.

15. Ted Musgrave by mtmitchellbound - Currently in the hands of a SC cacher.

16. Dale Earnhardt Jr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in the hands of a Florida geocacher.

17. Casey Atwood by fly46 - Last seen near Lake Lanier GA.

18. Dick Trickle by QOCMike - Last seen in a geocache near Lake Mary FL.

19. Buckshot Jones by SwampGoat - Currently in a geocache in Marietta GA.

20. Kerry Earnhardt by Cameron Douglas - Currently in an event near Nashville TN.

21. Elliot Sadler by the Neverlanders - Currently in a geocache near Exton PA.

22. Geoffery Bodine by Limax - Currently in a geocache near Boston MA.

23. Glenn "Fireball" Roberts by wv-yen - Currently in the hands of a Spokane WA geocacher.

24. Kevin Harvick by In Search of Faeries - Currently in the hands of a Washington State geocacher.

25. Darrell Waltrip by John N Jess - Currently in a geocache in Denver CO.

26. Dale Earnhardt Sr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in a geocache in Oxford MS.

27. Alan Kulwicki by nkansastoto - Currently in a very isolated geocache near Asheville NC.

29. Kasey Kahne by wv-yen - Last seen in a cache in Kankakee IL.

I need to set this one free soon!!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=496956

I speak only for me.

Fresh blood!

Well why not. Our race seems to be really lagging.

Play by rules as laid out, start where we did.

Bring it on

ZOOM!

Oh... I wasn't thinking about entering the contest.... heck... I didn't even know there was a contest. Found this thread and thought it was cool to find other nascar related bugs :rolleyes:

besides, I am SURE it will take at least a few years for this bug to fulfill ALL its missions (given that it doesn't go missing, at all).

Yet another Milwaukee goal cache has been archived. I loaded up the Google maps and the nearest full sized cache to the start-finish line is After School Cache. A link is below. It seems a little closer that the ones we were using previously and it's in a different park in a different direction that the others. Hopefully, this will work out for us.

In looking over the TB pages, there are only three or four of us who are still maintaining them as far as the race and its goals. I'm rethinking the effort of a web page, in favor of just using this thread for the amusement of the four of us who are still following things.

Truex is headed for Milwaukee, so fishhook especially needs to make note of the new goal cache there.

I'm gathering materials for all three backup cars. Moise was taken unlogged while in second place. Marcis and Trickle were in caches that were stolen.

I noticed that the Terry Labonte TB has been released after being held for 14 months.

Look for a scoreboard update in the next few days. Here is the updated goal cache list.

Mike

====================================================

replaced World's Fastest Half Mile, which seems to get muggled every other race weekend

Leg #8 in Milwaukee - After School Cache

replaced Rocksplitter, The Best Laid Plans, and Candles In The Wind, all of which have been archived.

replaced California Speedway Race Car Cache, which was judged too small by someone looking to place a racer in the cache

replaced Bay Look Out Point, now archived

Edited by QOCMike

LisaS and I will be covering a few miles in the next month. From CT to St. Louis, South to New Orleans, and east into Florida before heading back up I-95 and home.

We'll be looking for fellow competitors bugs to help them along. Let us know if your bug moves close to our route and we may be able to side trip, and get things moving for you. Even If we can only visit your bug for a welfare check it's a bonus.

And the good news is all three of our cars are back in circulation.

It aint over yet. :mad:

There is nothing like plunderings and time to kill enthusiasm for a long TB race. Only seventeen of the thirty-seven starters are still active. Since posting last March, Patty Moise reached Dover and Martin Truex advanced through Indy, Milwaukee, Sears Point, and Fontana. A plurality of the TB pages have been changed to indicate that the race is over, although I hope that some are still looking to complete this gauntlet.

Here is a updated score sheet. Except for the clear leader, positions are subjective based on location and last log.

Current Goal - Pikes Peak

1. Martin Truex Jr. by fishhook1 - Currently in a geocache near Rancho Cucomonga CA.

2. Ward Burton by Barefoot - Currently in the hands of an eastern PA geocacher.

3. Patty Moise by QOCMike - Last seen in the hands of a central NY geocacher.

Current Goal - Dover

4. Ryan Newman by In Search of Faeries - Last seen in the hands of a KY geocacher.

5. Mark Martin by MrCOgeo - Last seen in the hands of a CO geocacher.

6. Dave Marcis by QOCMike - Last seen in a geocache near Polkton NC.

Current Goal - Bristol

7. Davey Allison by Team Me and Honey - Currently in the hands of a Kingsport TN geocacher.

8. Bobby Hamilton Jr. by fly46 - Currently in a geocache near Highlands NC. He has an out-of-order visit to Watkins Glen.

9. Ernie Irvan by Ca Racetramp - Currently in the hands of a PA geocacher.

10. Kurt Busch by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in the hands of a MA geocacher.

11. Harry Gant by the Neverlanders - Currently in the hands of a MI geocacher.

12. Dale Earnhardt Jr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in the a geocache near The Woodlands TX.

13. Matt Kenseth by wv-yen - Currently in a geocache near Altadena CA.

14. Bill Elliott by LisaS – Last seen in a geocache in Myrtle Beach SC.

15. Kyle Petty by fly46 – Last seen in a geocache in Knoxville TN.

16. Ted Musgrave by mtmitchellbound – Last seen in a geocache in Clover SC.

19. Kerry Earnhardt by Cameron Douglas - Currently in a geocache in Hopkinsville KY.

20. Alan Kulwicki by nkansastoto - Currently in the hands of a PA geocacher.

21. Geoffery Bodine by Limax - Currently in a geocache near Owego NY.

22. Elliot Sadler by the Neverlanders - Currently in a geocache near Boston PA.

23. Casey Mears by Barefoot – Currently in an event in Hellertown PA. He has visited both California tracks out-of-order.

24. Terry Labonte by Pack Rat 24 - Currently in the hands of a FL geocacher.

25. Kasey Kahne by wv-yen - Currently in a geocache in Kankakee IL.

26. Buckshot Jones by SwampGoat - Currently in an event near Stellenbosch South Africa.

27. Dale Earnhardt Sr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule – Last seen in a geocache in Tupelo MS.

28. Darrell Waltrip by John N Jess – Last seen in the hands of an AZ cacher.

29. Tony Stewart by In Search of Faeries – Withdrawn by the TB owner.

30. Kevin Harvick by In Search of Faeries – Withdrawn by the TB owner.

31. Glenn "Fireball" Roberts by wv-yen – Last seen in a geocache in Athol ID.

32. Rusty Wallace by MrCOgeo - Last seen making an out-of-order visit to the Milwaukee goal cache.

33. Jimmie Johnson by Square Bear - Last seen in a geocache near Byron GA.

34. Jeremy Mayfield by CacheSafari - Last seen in a geocache near Newman GA.

35. Jeff Green by kydj68 - Last seen in a geocache near Columbus GA.

=====================================================================

For tracks, the list is fairly stable. The Atlanta cache has been temporarily pulled due to some storm damage. We won’t worry about that until Truex gets closer. The final cache in Homestead has proven tough to find, but it’s always been there. Here is the current list of goal caches.

replaced Rocksplitter, The Best Laid Plans, and Candles In The Wind, all of which have been archived.

replaced Bay Look Out Point, previously archived

There is nothing like plunderings and time to kill enthusiasm for a long TB race. Only seventeen of the thirty-seven starters are still active. .............. A plurality of the TB pages have been changed to indicate that the race is over, although I hope that some are still looking to complete this gauntlet.

Here is a updated score sheet. Except for the clear leader, positions are subjective based on location and last log.

Thanks for the full update. Team BreLi will be staying with the original goals until our cars complete them. I keep watching the racers to see if I can be of help here in southern New England.

Thanks!

:anibad: It looks like Martin Truex TB is missing again. Garage Sale cache in CA was taken. I will wait to see if he shows up or send out another backup car. Crash and burn just like NASCAR. I want to see Martin finish the last 4 tracks. Thanks Mike for your efforts to update the race. Edited by fishhook1

Thirty-five months and still not finished. Plunderings are taking their toll in this TB race. At most, fourteen of the thirty-seven starters are still active. Although a few entrants that were written off before have come back to life. Since posting last February, only the Ward Burton TB has advanced through any of the goal caches, reaching Watkins Glen and New Hampshire, the latter by my hand. A plurality of the TB pages have been changed to mistakenly indicate that the race is over, although I hope that some are still looking to complete this gauntlet.

Here is a updated score sheet. Except for the clear leaders, positions are subjective based on location and last log.

Current Goal - Pikes Peak

1. Martin Truex Jr. by fishhook1 - Currently in a geocache in Peoria CO.

Current Goal – Indianapolis

2. Ward Burton by Barefoot - Currently in the hands of a Michigan geocacher.

3. Patty Moise by QOCMike – Currently in a geocache in Westminster CA.

Current Goal - Dover

4. Dave Marcis by QOCMike - Last seen in a geocache near Hillsborough NC.

5. Ryan Newman by In Search of Faeries - Last seen in the hands of a KY geocacher.

6. Mark Martin by MrCOgeo - Last seen in the hands of a CO geocacher.

Current Goal - Bristol

7. Ernie Irvan by Ca Racetramp - Currently in a geocache near Allentown PA.

8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Currently in a geocache in Lone Star TX.

9. Bill Elliott by LisaS – Currently in the hands of an Indiana geocacher.

10. Davey Allison by Team Me and Honey – Last seen in the hands of an eastern TN geocacher.

11. Bobby Hamilton Jr. by fly46 – Last seen in a geocache near Bloomington IN. He has an out-of-order visit to Watkins Glen.

12. Harry Gant by the Neverlanders – Last seen in the hands of a MI geocacher.

13. Kurt Busch by Honest John & Suzies Jule – Last seen in the hands of a MA geocacher.

14. Matt Kenseth by wv-yen – Last seen in a geocache near Palmdale CA.

15. Kyle Petty by fly46 – Last seen in a geocache in Knoxville TN.

16. Ted Musgrave by mtmitchellbound – Last seen in a geocache in Clover SC.

19. Alan Kulwicki by nkansastoto - Currently in a geocache in Timmonsville SC.

20. Kerry Earnhardt by Cameron Douglas - Currently in the hands of a Nashville TN geocacher.

21. Terry Labonte by Pack Rat 24 - Currently in a geocache in Grand Rapids MI.

22. Dale Earnhardt Sr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule – Currently in the hands of a North Dakota cacher.

23. Elliot Sadler by the Neverlanders - Currently in a geocache in Bellingham WA.

24. Buckshot Jones by SwampGoat - Currently in a geocache near Silver Sand South Africa.

25. Casey Mears by Barefoot – Currently in the hands of a MI geocacher. He has visited both California tracks out-of-order.

26. Geoffery Bodine by Limax – Last seen in a geocache in Binghampton NY.

27. Kasey Kahne by wv-yen – Last seen in a geocache in Kankakee IL.

28. Darrell Waltrip by John N Jess – Last seen in a geocache in Tuscon AZ.

29. Tony Stewart by In Search of Faeries – Withdrawn by the TB owner.

30. Kevin Harvick by In Search of Faeries – Withdrawn by the TB owner.

31. Glenn "Fireball" Roberts by wv-yen – Last seen in a geocache in Athol ID.

32. Rusty Wallace by MrCOgeo - Last seen making an out-of-order visit to the Milwaukee goal cache.

33. Jimmie Johnson by Square Bear - Last seen in a geocache near Byron GA.

34. Jeremy Mayfield by CacheSafari - Last seen in a geocache near Newman GA.

35. Jeff Green by kydj68 - Last seen in a geocache near Columbus GA.

For tracks and goal caches, the last three are changed due to archivals. I like the selection Fishhook and Barefoot made for a new Pikes Peak cache, and I've picked some new caches near Texas MS and Atlanta MS that'll hopefully work out. The cache at Darlington is disabled, but hopefully it'll be replaced soon. I hope it stays since part of the puzzle is at the speedway itself.

Leg #5 near New Hampshire Int'l Speedway - Loon Loop

Leg #10 near California Speedway - Hillview Surprise Package

Leg #11 near the former Pikes Peak Speedway - NASCAR CACHE II

replacing PPIR Auto Go, recently archived

Leg #12 near Texas Motor Speedway - Michigan J. Frog

replacing Come Join Plaidbeard's Pit Crew!, recently archived

Leg #13 near Atlanta Motor Speedway - Clash of the Champions

replacing Nineteenth Hole Travel Bug Depot, recently archived

replaced Bay Look Out Point, previously archived

Thanks again QOCMIKE for the lastest update. It is hard to believe my car has been on the road from California since Nov, 2006 and its last NASCAR cache. It has had a great time touring the West. Keep an eye open because Martin Truex Jr is right near Denver and may make to it to Pikes Peak this week.

:o

HELP! I just picked up my first TB on a trip to Savannah over the weekend, only to find that the owner's hope is that the TB find its way to each speedway. Here's my problem: it is a #48 Lowe's car, a.k.a. Jimmy Johnson, who is HOT in Atlanta, and the race is next weekend on March 9th - NEXT SUNDAY! I'm passing through Atlanta next Saturday from just below Macon and going to just above Atlanta to Marietta, GA for a train show with Team GeoTrax.

I can drop it off in a cache, or I can meet someone that plans to attend the race. I live near I-75, so if there are any race fans coming from Florida or south Georgia and are willing to help this TB fulfill its dream I'd be happy to meet you by the exit or someplace in Warner Robins any time this week. Otherwise, if someone is willing to meet me on Saturday I'd be happy to make a detour. If you want me to drop it off in a cache on Saturday, I can do that too.

Time, of course, is of the essence.

Please contact me offlist at g e o c a c h i n g at s i x i t . c o m if you can help.

Cheers,

Robert Reese~

The Darlington cache is going to be on the disabled list for a bit longer, so let's use Old School, a cache a couple miles east of the track in town, as a goal cache there. At least for now.

Despite taking the race info off of this TB's web page, Alan Kulwicki made it into the new Darlington goal cache, which gives us a majority (19 out of 37) of entrants through the first leg. It only took 37 months to achieve this. :):D:D

I'll update the scoresheet in the next few weeks.

Seventy months and still not finished. Plunderings have just about done us in, as only four entrants circulated in 2010. Although a few entrants that were written off before have come back to life. A plurality of the TB pages have been changed to mistakenly indicate that the race is over, although I hope that some are still looking to complete this gauntlet.

Here is a updated score sheet. This scoresheet goes back to the original rules(such as they were), using total mileage as the tiebreaker.

Current Goal - Atlanta

1. Martin Truex Jr. by fishhook1 - Currently in the hands of a new geocacher in southeastern VA.

Current Goal – Indianapolis

2. Ward Burton by Barefoot - Currently in a geocache in Michigan.

3. Patty Moise by QOCMike – Currently in the hands of the owner, who is still debating on whether to release again.

Current Goal - Dover

4. Bill Elliott by LisaS – Last seen in a geocache near Seiverville TN.

5. Mark Martin by MrCOgeo - Last seen in the hands of a "one and done" CO geocacher.

6. Dave Marcis by QOCMike - Last seen in a geocache near Hillsborough NC.

7. Ryan Newman by In Search of Faeries - Last seen in a now archived cache near London KY.

Current Goal - Bristol

8. Davey Allison by Team Me and Honey – Last seen in the hands of an eastern TN geocacher. 6383 miles.

9. Matt Kenseth by wv-yen – Last seen in a geocache near Palmdale CA. 5356 miles.

10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule - Last seen in the hands of an inactive TX cacher. 3688 miles.

11. Bobby Hamilton Jr. by fly46 – Last seen in a geocache near Bloomington IN. He has an out-of-order visit to Watkins Glen. 2775 miles.

12. Alan Kulwicki by nkansastoto - Last seen the goal cache in Darlington. 2715 miles.

13. Kurt Busch by Honest John & Suzies Jule – Last seen in a geocache in Fort Washington PA. 2095 miles.

14. Harry Gant by the Neverlanders – Last seen in the hands of a MI geocacher. 1638 miles.

15. Ernie Irvan by Ca Racetramp - Last seen in a now archived geocache near Allentown PA. 1399 miles.

16. Dick Trickle by QOCMike - Last seen in a geocache near Lake Mary FL. 1393 miles.

17. Kyle Petty by fly46 – Last seen in a geocache in Knoxville TN. 1290 miles.

18. Ted Musgrave by mtmitchellbound – Last seen in a geocache in Clover SC. 1284 miles.

19. Casey Atwood by fly46 - Last seen near Lake Lanier GA. 850 miles.

20. Buckshot Jones by SwampGoat - Currently in a South African geocache. 17173 miles.

21. Casey Mears by Barefoot – Currently in a geocache in Harbor Beach MI. He has visited both California tracks out-of-order. 14836 miles.

22. Darrell Waltrip by John N Jess – Last seen in the hands of an AZ geocacher. 9537 miles.

23. Glenn "Fireball" Roberts by wv-yen – Last seen in a geocache in Athol ID. 7508 miles.

24. Geoffery Bodine by Limax – Last seen in a geocache in Binghampton NY. 6303 miles.

25. Elliot Sadler by the Neverlanders - Last seen in the hands of a Washington state geocacher. 6281 miles.

26. Kevin Harvick by In Search of Faeries – Withdrawn by the TB owner. 5958 miles.

27. Dale Earnhardt Sr. by Honest John & Suzies Jule – Last seen in a geocache near Morgan UT. 5625 miles.

28. Terry Labonte by Pack Rat 24 - Last seen in a geocache near Fredericksburg TX. 4892 miles.

29. Tony Stewart by In Search of Faeries – Withdrawn by the TB owner. 3568 miles.

30. Kerry Earnhardt by Cameron Douglas - Last seen in the hands of a Louisiana geocacher. 2699 miles.

31. Kasey Kahne by wv-yen – Last seen in a geocache in Kankakee IL. 1957 miles.

32. Rusty Wallace by MrCOgeo - Last seen making an out-of-order visit to the Milwaukee goal cache. 1181 miles.

33. Jimmie Johnson by Square Bear - Last seen in a geocache near Byron GA. 416 miles.

34. Jeremy Mayfield by CacheSafari - Last seen in a geocache near Newman GA. 390 miles.

35. Jeff Green by kydj68 - Last seen in a geocache near Columbus GA. 324 miles.

36. Jeff Burton by the Neverlanders - Last seen in a geocache near Jacksonville FL. 89 miles.

37. Jeff Gordon by MrCOgeo - Last seen in the start cache in Daytona Beach FL. 1 mile.

For tracks and goal caches, there are a few changes. I like Barefoot's selection for Indy. Daytona, Darlington, Milwaukee, and Homestead also have new stopping points.

Start in Daytona - Supermeg33's 1000 find

replaces The Luxurious Daytona Beach T/B Pit Stop, which was recently archived.

(just in case anyone wants to start a racing TB on this gauntlet)

Leg #2 in Darlington - Welcome To Darlington

replaces Old School and Too Tough To Tame, both of which were archived.

Leg #5 near New Hampshire Int'l Speedway - Loon Loop

Leg #7 in Indianapolis - A Bridge Not To Far

replaces Team J&K Finds 500!!, which has been archived.

Leg #8 in Milwaukee - johnny 1(travel bug stop)

replaced After School Cache, Rocksplitter, The Best Laid Plans, and Candles In The Wind, all of which have been archived.

Leg #10 near California Speedway - Hillview Surprise Package

replaced California Speedway Race Car Cache, which was archived

Leg #11 near the former Pikes Peak Speedway - NASCAR CACHE II

replacing PPIR Auto Go, recently archived

Leg #12 near Texas Motor Speedway - Michigan J. Frog

replacing Come Join Plaidbeard's Pit Crew!, recently archived

Leg #13 near Atlanta Motor Speedway - Clash of the Champions

replacing Nineteenth Hole Travel Bug Depot, recently archived

Finish in Homestead - Bay Look Out Point

replaced BALLS - BIRDS & the Village of Homestead, which was recently archived