It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

fly46

MrCoGeo, I would suggest to you that you email a couple of the cache owners around where that neversink cache is and ask them to keep an eye out for your bug when they do maintenance... We3girlsnaguy and edscott seem to own most of them.

I don't think that's what she meant.

Guys, a little FYI, I'm getting ready to move at the end of the month.. So I'll make sure to do one update this week , but then this weekend is painting, then the movers, the carpet, and I'll try to get an update in before the last of the month if I can.

Well, no GW3 coins... but I have this practically brand new #24 car with a T/B already attached to it and ready to go.... :D

Oh sure...go ahead rub it in and kick a man and his TB when he's down... :D

By the way it was just an official picture and its tag...no car is attached :D

Edited by MrCOgeo
*jumps up and down* Me Me Me Me Me

When are you coming? Maybe we could meet up?

I forgot to look at the page before getting on the bus. I went Monday, but now am home. I wish I could have met up, as I hiked 16 miles in the Downtown/Vandy area, coming up with 15 finds (and about 10 dnf's) in 6 hours on Wednesday. I could have gotten more, but I had blisters forming on my feet, and it was just plain hot! (I have sunburn on my legs.) On top of that, I left the T/B's in my car back at church in Daytona. The only upside is I seem to have hit only micros and virtuals.

Distance To Next Cache

And my page was updated 06/26/05 17:37:32. I'm probably not going to update too much. I am going to switch from watching the bugs to watching the caches. If I see a bug land in a new track cache, I will update.

I will also update on request. See my profile to send me a note making the request.

And I'll just do updates when the mood strikes me.

If your bug has been 'grabbed' by a person because the cache they removed it from was not logged at having recieved the bug, it is in your best interest to email them and ask them to log it into the cache they found it in and then back out. Remember, some awards go by mileage, so it is in your best interest to have yours as accurate as possible.

Okay... I've updated the main page of the website.

I've announced the track for Homestead.

I've changed the track for California Speedway since the cache I had been using has been DNFed by the last number of users.

We've come a long way since we first waved the green flag. Now if we could just get bugs going in the right direction. Can nobody stop Martin Truex's charge to the front?

The only page I have left to update is the complete leader list.

Forgive me, but I've been on the computer for a couple of hours now and I'm going to wait to do that update until tonight.

I don't think that there's been a lot of movement, but I'm just really tired and my butt is numb and I have errands to run.

In the meantime.... Happy Racing!

I go away for a weeks vacation and find Ward sooo very close to Bristol. Just a chip shot away. ;) My money is on the next move being out of state. :rolleyes:

Casey made it to Cali but my team member couldn't find the cache in the dark! Yes I know it's out of order, but what the heck. He's there. :lol:

Oh, on the way home Sunday we were behind a Team Roush Racing pickup truck for the better part of an hour. :)

Now,... Were and when will Bill show next?:lol:

Truex made New Hampshire. Congrats to fishhook. That TB is on a roll. With second and third still trying to escape the Bristol "suburbs", that practically a two lap lead on the field.

And Watkins Glen is in fishhook's home stomping grounds, so any move in the general area might result in a DIY placement for another fast win.

In the past month, almost 6000 miles have been logged (5958, exactly). The following bugs, however, have not moved in that month.

If your bug is in the list below, I *highly* suggest you either send a polite email to whomever is holding it asking them to drop it in any cache or to the cache owner asking them to check to see if it's still there and possibly help move it along.

Ryan Newman

Davey Allison

Bill Elliott

Casey Atwood

Ernie Irvan

Dave Marcis

Harry Gant

Dick Trickle

Kerry Earnhardt

Kasey Kahne

Dale Earnhardt Sr

Tony Stewart

Jeremy Mayfield

Jeff Green

Fireball Roberts

Jeff Burton

Terry Labonte

And, well, Jeff, but we know he's missing.

Martin Truex, as stated previously, has made it through five tracks now. Kyle Petty has made it to the next track in his order, which is Darlington. He is the only other bug to officially advance a track. Casey Mears has now logged both California caches, but they won't count until he's managed to do all the caches up to those two.

With that said, a log I've noticed has seriously disturbed me:

found the cache on the ground. i dont think it was supposed to be there. it may need to be fixed. too small for the TB so i hung it on the outside of the cache.

Apparently, even though the original contents of this cache included a travel bug in it's container (which was also a toy car), the person who did this log didn't think the bug would fit? In order to prevent that from happening again, I have moved the california cache yet again. Casey's log for this track will stand.

The New California Speedway cache is: GCPEX9 - Hillview Surprise Package

With all of that out of the way... I apologise greatly for the website not being updated quite a soon as it should have been. I judge how often to change the site based on movement, and try to do it every couple weeks. Midterms and Family obligations got in my way this time. The site will be updated within the next Day or two.. Second on my to do list after writing a paper for my sociology class.

In the meantime, all of the bugs in the top 15 have made it to Darlington or further. The other 22 bugs in the race are still no better than Daytona. Here is the top 15.

Martin Truex (5 Tracks)

Mark Martin (3 Tracks)

Ryan Newman (3 Tracks)

Davey Allison (2 Tracks)

Ward Burton (2 Tracks)

Bill Elliott (2 Tracks)

Bobby Hamilton Jr (2 Tracks)

Patty Moise (2 Tracks)

Kyle Petty (2 Tracks)

Casey Atwood (2 Tracks)

Ernie Irvan (2 Tracks)

Dave Marcis (2 Tracks)

Harry Gant (2 Tracks)

Dick Trickle (2 Tracks)

Kurt Busch (2 Tracks)

So far We've only been watchng our team cars.

Our bad! Team BareLi will be more attentive from now on.

Any racers that get their cars into New England please let us know.

We're allways looking for a reason to take a road trip. Both the NH and NY tracks are day trips for us. Long day trips mind you, but thats the fun part.

Go Mark Martin!

So, how did that paper turn out?

Well, if the professor would get his a** in gear, I could tell you, but even though it's listed there for all to see, he claims he doesn't have it uploaded. Thursday I'm walking into his office and setting a copy of it on his desk. If he still ends up incapable of grading it, I'm shoving it up his hiney. I've had to submit it two additional times and he still can't be bothered to say he has recieved it. The second one - which is suppsed to be done the same way as the first (whatever way that is) is already turned in. I want to kick his butt right now. It's one thing to blow off personal obligations, but professional obligations are another thing altogether. I've also written two papers for another teacher in the meantime. (One was six pages, one was two) -- Somebody do me a favor. Next time I'm told to have 'higher level thinking' and I try to chose a topic such as Archaeologists and the beliefs of Ancient Egyptians.. hit me and remind me that there are caches in egypt, greece, or any of the other places we've discussed in class, and perhaps I should try to tie in something much more fun for my extended topic. (Heck, remind me that the architecture of an ammo can is more interesting than that of the parthenon, too...)

In better (?) news, I'm about to quit my job, so I should have all the time in the world to devote to that website. lol!

I go away for a weeks vacation and find Ward sooo very close to Bristol.  Just a chip shot away. :D  My money is on the next move being out of state. :huh:

Nyah, Nyah, Nyah. ;)

DMFlyer made the 200 yard carry from the puzzle cache to the goal cache while making his post race maintenance visit. Post enough polite notes in the right places and you get what you need. :D

For Bristol, it's five down and thrity-two to go.

We're still racing as far as I know. No reason to stop just because the scoreboard is broken for the moment.

Not a lot of goals met lately that I've seen. Fishhook's Martin Truex Jr TB cleared through Watkins Glen and is headed for Indy. Patty Moise (mine) and Ward Burton (BareLi) cleared Bristol, so that's a total of five through there. Harvick and Sadler got into Darlington County but were taken away before reaching the right cache, so we're still at only 15 through Darlington.

Hang in there. We knew this race was going to take a long time when we organized it.

Well, Jeremy Mayfield #12 sat in a cache in GA for about 5 months. I posted a request for someone to check on him or move him along, since the cache was rarely visited even though it was on an interstate. Unfortunately, it was reported back that poor Jeremy was missing from the cache. (I can't even be sure the person who had him last really dropped him, since he held onto him for so long. I have moved him to the Travel Bug Graveyard, so I guess I am now out of the race. :ph34r:

Okay, everyone, here are the rules.

8.  Once you take a bug to a track, you must leave it!  You can not help a bug to consecutive tracks.  (You can't take it from northern Cali to southern Cali and then to Phoenix - Although, if you help it to Nashville, you can later help it from Cali to Phoenix.)

There's the verbage we agreed to last winter. As long as this race has taken, I'm actually neutral on this. If no one else wants to bother to protest, I'll go along. How tightly do the rest of the competitors feel like holding to this? We did hold a different cacher to this with some TBs going into Darlington (April 1 posts on page 8 and 9 of this thread).

The Kasey Kahne TB made an out-of-order, drop-n-grab visit to Indy (same cacher, same circumstance) that would also be affected.

The Infenion cache is disabled and probably missing. Is anyone close enough warrant a substitution or can we wait a bit to see if it's replaced? There is a good cache about a mile SE of the track if we need it.

Edited by QOCMike

As part of my Great Annual North to South/South to North Bug Migration I will be more than happy to make a resonable detour to help a fellow competitor along.

So far it looks like there are only two racers within reach. Two others may be reachable if time premits.

I'm running I-95 from CT to North Florida 11/16-17. Return trip planned for 11/26-27.

I'll be looking for those I can help.

Boogity, boogity, boogity!

Latest developments in the race:

fishhook1's Martin Truex Jr. TB has won the first part of the TB race by holding a three lap lead (would have been four laps if it weren't for the drop-n-grab in Indy) on the day of the 2005 Nextel Cup season's last race. Congrats! Your man sure made his real race for the Busch championship exciting. Wasn't that the 2nd or 3rd time this season where his front tire changer left lugnuts loose and caused a extra green flag pit stop?

Truex is still the only TB through Dover, Loudon, and Watkins Glen. Four opponents have made it through Bristol. Ten more (15 total) have gotten through Darlington. Mears has the two California tracks visited out of order, while Wallace made an out-of-order visit to Milwaukee. I think that's it for the track visits.

Goal caches:

The Homestead cache is now archived. As a replacement, BALLS - BIRDS & the Village of Homestead seems to be the closest to the track.

The Infenion cache is still disabled. Tolay Creek Cache seems well established a couple miles away.

The Dover cache just had its second DNF with no finds since August. It's a fairly easy cache that did have logs from muggles in it when I found it, so a theft is possible. Silver lake stroll is a new cache that's closer to the track.

Those are some possible backup plans if we need to go to them.

I hope all is well at the Fly46 trap.

I suspect the fact that no answer was provided by Fly46 means she's given up on administering this race. Has anyone recieved any private correspondence on this matter that contradicts this? Fortunately, the dollar amount was low, so the lesson isn't that painful.

Is anyone curious enough to write the #45 bunch to see if anything was sent to Adam's place?

These are my first travel bugs and they are still circulating and making decent progress. I think at least 2/3 of the TBs involved are still active. I intend to keep racing and playing. I would hope that others who entered the TB race feel likewise.

I am not going to assume responsibility for any tangible prizes nor for anything else fly46 might have promised, but I might take some time over the next few weeks to assemble a web page with an up-to-date score sheet and try to keep it going for the duration. I haven't done that much with web pages, so this'll be a chance to try something new.

Unless anyone objects, I'll also declare that BALLS - BIRDS & the Village of Homestead replaces the now archived Bay Look Out Point as the Homestead goal cache. It's an easy multi a couple of miles NW of the track. I'm going to contact a cache owner to see if a certain small cache in Milwaukee is big enough to accomodate TBs and declare that change soon too.

And despite the way that the race is dragging on, I'm sticking with the original concept of single designated caches near the tracks.

Comments from the other participants?