It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

fly46

Hey, and it would be nice to not have the only time that I can do it be when my mother is in her room (where the computer is) asleep.

Tomorrow I have work until 4 and then class at 6. I'm supposed to be there early to meet with my group for this massive seven page research project we're starting. I'm going to try to do it either tonight or tomorrow in that between time I have, but if I don't get to, It'll be tuesday evening.

I do, however, promise that I'll do it no later than tuesday evening.

Hey, and it would be nice to not have the only time that I can do it be when my mother is in her room (where the computer is) asleep. 

Tomorrow I have work until 4 and then class at 6.  I'm supposed to be there early to meet with my group for this massive seven page research project we're starting.  I'm going to try to do it either tonight or tomorrow in that between time I have, but if I don't get to, It'll be tuesday evening. 

I do, however, promise that I'll do it no later than tuesday evening.

fly46,

Thanks for all you are doing to take care of this. I can understand being busy. I still haven't updated our POC website since our last GeoPicnic. Take your time. There are enough links to find the stats on our own.

Thanks Again

Contrary to the belief of a certain cacher that emailed me, the leader of the race is Ernie Irvan.

(wait.. Leader.. ernie irvan???)

I'm working on the page right now. Nine cars are en route to the lead track (Bristol):

1. Ernie Irvan

2. Dick Trickle & Harry Gant

4. Casey Atwood

5. Ward Burton

6. Bobby Hamilton Jr

7. Ryan Newman

8. Mark Martin

9. Martin Truex Jr

27 cars are enroute to Darlington, and one car is MIA.

edited because I missed one :laughing: & I'm a dork

Edited by fly46

Hey, I've updated the top 9 (everyone that's made it to darlington) - but I'll have to finish the rest of them either tomorrow night or thursday. (It will get done by thursday night.) I'm putting anyone who hasn't made it to the current goal cache on a separate page from now on so the main page won't be as huge - and that's what I'm working on right now.

How can a car that is still be in Too Tough to Tame be leading cars that have already been retreived from Too Tough to Tame? Ward Burton, Bobboy Hamilton, and Harry Gant are still at Too Tough To Tame. When the race started all the cars that left Daytona were ahead of the cars that were still at the Daytona cache. Seems to be some inconsistancy here. Mileage should count only after the car has left the next cache.

And I thought the shortest mileage in a race won. :laughing:

How can a car that is still be in Too Tough to Tame be leading cars that have already been retreived from Too Tough to Tame?  Ward Burton, Bobboy Hamilton, and Harry Gant are still at Too Tough To Tame. When the race started all the cars that left Daytona were ahead of the cars that were still at the Daytona cache.  Seems to be some inconsistancy here.  Mileage should count only after the car has left the next cache. 

And I thought the shortest mileage in a race won. :unsure:

Do we need Mr. Helton to straighten this out.......LOL........shades of Rusty Wallace..... :laughing:

Dick Trickle is just barely in the lead if you go by distance to the next cache.

199.5 - Welcome to Darlington

Dick Trickle in

201.3 - Too Tough To Tame

Mark Martin left

Ryan Newman left

Martin Truex, Jr. left

Ward Burton in

Harry Gant in

Bobby Hamilton Jr in

210.2 - The PeeDee TB Lodge

Casey Atwood in

Ernie Irvan in

They're all within 11 miles

How can a car that is still be in Too Tough to Tame be leading cars that have already been retreived from Too Tough to Tame?  Ward Burton, Bobboy Hamilton, and Harry Gant are still at Too Tough To Tame. When the race started all the cars that left Daytona were ahead of the cars that were still at the Daytona cache.  Seems to be some inconsistancy here.  Mileage should count only after the car has left the next cache. 

And I thought the shortest mileage in a race won. ;)

Do we need Mr. Helton to straighten this out.......LOL........shades of Rusty Wallace..... :D

Mike Helton can stay right where he is.

The rules state - the leader board is determined by the number of track caches a bug has visited (so far one or two) and then MILEAGE. So long as you've gotten to Too Tough To Tame, you've hit two track caches, and thus are counted as two tracks once you get to that point.

Quit trying to tweak the rules so they benefit you.

Well, my bug has a nice view of the ocean.... ;) There's been some bug movement in that cache, but I don't think mine's moved yet.

I think Geoff likes the view too much. :D

Yeah, well. At least you're not looking at the Bahamas.

I really wish Kyle would figure out to go North.

And I thought the shortest mileage in a race won. :laughing:

Do we need Mr. Helton to straighten this out.......LOL........shades of Rusty Wallace..... :laughing:

Mike Helton can stay right where he is.

The rules state - the leader board is determined by the number of track caches a bug has visited (so far one or two) and then MILEAGE. So long as you've gotten to Too Tough To Tame, you've hit two track caches, and thus are counted as two tracks once you get to that point.

Quit trying to tweak the rules so they benefit you.

Interesting, what number is that rule that states number of tracks hit and MILEAGE determines the leader?

Okay, I'm an hour into this update thing.

The page for the full stats is almost finished, then I have a quick tweak to the front of the site, I'll update the news, and then that should be it.

Lets see... Give me another hour? It's 12.25 central time here.

.... let Ernie Irvan lead for a bit. He never had the experience in real life (heh, heh)

You better go back and look up Ernie's stats. !5 career wins, 3 of which I personally witnessed. Ernie's Stats

Accidents happen. One local writer offered to hand Ernie his helmet before the 500 if he got through speedweeks without a crash. Needless to say, the writer was safe from servin swervin Irvan.

Well Folks I am sorry to report Kevin harvick and Alan Kulwicki are gone.

The cache had been muggled when the last finder found it. Instead of taking the bugs and moving them to a safer cache (which I think was only right) they left them, and the cache was apparently stolen today.

So they're out :lol:

Bummer. I guess they can be marked as crashed, went to the garage area and never got back in the race.

.... let Ernie Irvan lead for a bit. He never had the experience in real life (heh, heh)

You better go back and look up Ernie's stats. !5 career wins, 3 of which I personally witnessed. Ernie's Stats

Accidents happen. One local writer offered to hand Ernie his helmet before the 500 if he got through speedweeks without a crash. Needless to say, the writer was safe from servin swervin Irvan.

Whatever. Just wanted to let you know "in real life" he lead plenty, and won plenty too.......... :lol:

So Fly, I was looking at the awards. How are things going to pan out for the Darlington cache. Let me know when you need my address for Ernie's Award...........LOL

Race Winner--- No Winner Yet ----Winner's Trophy

The Race Winner is given to the first bug to reach a track's cache. In case of two bugs reaching a cache on the same day, the bug placers will be contacted to determine what time of day they were placed in the cache. Because the championship starts at Daytona, there is no winner's trophy awarded for that race. Also, because the champion will also win the Homestead race, there will be no trophy given for that race either.

Sorry... I missed that particular page when I did the updates. *looks around imbarassed* I put on the new page (click the link from the main page in the first column to see the whole leader board) that the race winner from Darlington is going to be those five guys that got dropped together. Since they were dropped at the same time by the same person, we have the first race tie in NASCAR history. Instead of waiting three days to declare Lee Petty, we're just giving awards to everyone. If they were dropped by different people, they'd've been dropped at different times and there'd not be such a tie.....

Looks like Mark Martin, Martin Truex, Jr., and Ryan Newman are drafting together very effectively. They're in the the Red Wing cache and looking for Dover.

------------------------------------

I do a little web site script writing. I like to make my projects at least a little bit useful. I'm currently learning to parse xml files. Did you know that gpx files are xml files?

So learning about parsing xml by extracting data from the gpx files, I wrote a script that shows the my leader board (Fly46 keeps the official leader board, this simply ranks the bugs by distance to the next race track). You can check it out at:

http://www.thehennings.com/nascar_tb/

It gives you the driver and a link to their tb page. The second column is the track the bug is heading to. Next is their status, pitting means they're at that cache, racing means they've been picked up from that cache. The next column is the cache and link they were last seen in and the last column is the distance to the track they are heading to.

I will update it as I have time if there is interest. I'd like to say I'll do it every morning, noon, and twice in the evening but once or twice a week is probably more like it.

It looks like Alan Kulwicki and Kevin Harvick might be back in the race. John's Index went missing and now seems to back. My Mom went and searched high and low and couldn't find it. Now it seems to back exactly where it's suppose to be.

Mom is going to check and make sure this evening.

There's been quite a bit of movement in the last few days. Tomorrow I have accounting homework to do all day, followed by class and house hunting... And a trip all the way across the county to visit the Hindu Temple for class. However, with that said, I should have a little bit of free time in which I can update the site before the weekend.

It looks like Alan Kulwicki and Kevin Harvick might be back in the race. John's Index went missing and now seems to back. My Mom went and searched high and low and couldn't find it. Now it seems to back exactly where it's suppose to be.

Mom is going to check and make sure this evening.

If you find the cache and Alan and Kevin are still in it, can you pull them out and move them to a safer cache? We would really appreciate it. :ph34r: