It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

fly46

8. Once you take a bug to a track, you must leave it! You can not help a bug to consecutive tracks. (You can't take it from northern Cali to southern Cali and then to Phoenix - Although, if you help it to Nashville, you can later help it from Cali to Phoenix.)

Don't want to break the rules so I will be leaving them in Darlington.

THE RACE IS ON!!! I have 5 Nascar TB's in my possession that will check in at Darlington on Friday...... :lol:

27623182-e72e-4caa-97ca-8b62f0a76596.jpg

I hate to confuse things more, but if you look at that picture the Mark Martin travel bug that we all thought was lost is sitting right there.

According to the email I got, it's listed on the site as Jeff Gordon. So that really means that Mark Martin isn't lost and is tied for 9th, but Jeff Gordon is lost and is really 37th. Waiting for confirmation from MRCOGEO on this matter.

8. Once you take a bug to a track, you must leave it! You can not help a bug to consecutive tracks. (You can't take it from northern Cali to southern Cali and then to Phoenix - Although, if you help it to Nashville, you can later help it from Cali to Phoenix.)

Don't want to break the rules so I will be leaving them in Darlington.

To clarify this rule, once somebody moves a bug into a specified race cache, the bug only has to move one cache (528 feet!) with another cacher before the cacher that placed it into the race cache can pick it back up.

THE RACE IS ON!!!  I have 5 Nascar TB's in my possession that will check in at Darlington on Friday...... :)

I hate to confuse things more, but if you look at that picture the Mark Martin travel bug that we all thought was lost is sitting right there.

According to the email I got, it's listed on the site as Jeff Gordon. So that really means that Mark Martin isn't lost and is tied for 9th, but Jeff Gordon is lost and is really 37th. Waiting for confirmation from MRCOGEO on this matter.

What nobody else got the notice that Mark Martin is not really retiring just switching teams? :P

Well I'm more confused than all the confusion that was all ready confused, are you confused?

Apparently the pictures are switched on Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon. Which is weird because I thought I multiply checked that very thing, even had crimped and soldered the clasp so they couldn't come undone. :mad: Was just too excited to start the race and as everybody knows you never do anything right when you rush! Oh well, I can't believe I screwed that up! ;)

So I have emailed the current holder of Mark Martin, the ever vigilant and good samaritan, Cocacola1820, who will be in my debt for this race, to some how obscure/scratch out the offending number on the back of the picture.

Go team, who ever is out there! :P

Edited for: pictures or metal tags all I know is that I screwed up!

Edited by MRCOGEO

I wasn't confused until I read your post.

Now I'm really confused.

Anyway, the website will be reflecting the swap of Mark Martin/Jeffie.

But its storming outside and I don't feel like updating the leaderboard right now. Well, that and the fact that the additional 110+ miles that Kyle moved have put it halfway to tampa.

I want to thank Cocacola1820 again for moving NASCAR 2005 TB - Mark Martin to his first goal cache! (and of course for notifying me of the number mix up with the racer also! :D ) :D

I am not stepping into Victory Lane by any means (plus I am just glad to know any of my TB's made it out of the gate), as the Race Coordinator "Big Boss" fly46 hasn't made any Official ruling yet that I can see, just thanking a incredible geocacher and true TB mover and shaker for helping 4 tb's to their first goals and making this even more fun then it has all ready been and will continue to be.

Irvan, Trickle, Hamilton and Atwood made it to! :D

Thanks are also in order for Florida and Southern cachers for moving any and all bugs

Edited - for spelling and to thank a few more people

Edited by MRCOGEO
Lucky you. I checked the map for Kyle and he's closer to the Bahamas than he is to Darlington.

you're kidding! where is he???

Umm.. Kyle is in a cache called Loose in Lyngate- if you look at the map, though, you can see the Bahamas just off the coast. Kyle went 120 miles or so the last jump, but it was due south down the coast instead of north.

Also, according to this log:

great job on this multi. i really enjoyed this! dropped off 5 nascar tbs irvin trickle hamilton martin atwood and green racer. took key tb. signed log

we have a tie for the 'winner' of the first race cache between four of us (two are mine). Green racer is, of course, not part of our race....

4f7febb1-8326-425f-985e-ed61e0c9ef9c.jpg

The tie for first place.

Would the other three winners care to make a victory lane interview speech?

Well in the best tradition of "My Man, Mark Martin",

Really want to thank the guys/girls (TB Movers), the team (Cocacola1820 and all the TB Movers) really did a good job getting me to the finish line even after I (me) made a few mistakes. Really appreciate their (fly46 website/race and Flordia org) hard work. Now on to the next race.

Ernie is listed above the other NASCAR TB's on the Darlington Cache page where bugs are listed so it looks to me like he got logged FIRST. I guess that means he finished FIRST in the race to Darlington. :rolleyes:Too Tough To Tame

I do believe that the bugs get listed by tag number.

Seeing as though five bugs were deposited by the same person, he made one log to the cache page that dropped all the bugs at the same time.

I remember at GW2 that my two bugs were dropped together onto the cache page but weren't together on the list.

The logs were made together by the same cacher. Thus, five bugs crossed the line with identical times and a tie has been declared.

The logs were made together by the same cacher.  Thus, five bugs crossed the line with identical times and a tie has been declared.

:D Congrats to all 4 other winners at Darlington. It looks like we made a little history here. Never in the history of NASCAR have 5 cars crossed the line nose to nose with 5 winners for one race. :):rolleyes: The car ran good today, loose in, tight out, blah blah blah. I would like to thank my sponsors Ca Racetramp, and blah blah blah (usual victory Lane statement). Now we hope we can carry this momentum on to Bristol :rolleyes:

... At least the real JGordon bug has shown up.

Actually, haven't unfortuantely heard anything from the "real" Jeff Gordon bug (who was actually M Martin's metal tag number before the web page switch)

Who knows, could still be out there hanging back in the back waiting to make his move.

But realistically I'll give about 3 weeks on the cache page (to allow for any extended spring vacations) and then move it to missing status.

But don't count Jeff aka: "Lord Boy", yet!

Actually I think he made it to loose in lyngate.

Oooh, look at that. <_<

Did I mention how GOOD you Florida geocachers are!!!

Wow, how did you notice that? Hasn't been logged yet, if it is "my" Jeff. You guys must have a close knit geo-community down there.

Not getting too excited yet, as Jeff(?) hasn't been logged as of now, but we will wait and see.

A big thanks again M&DofKJE and all your "agents" for helping the race and the heads up on this one! B)

EDITED - heard back from the cachers, Florida cachers are so nice, who picked up #24, unfortunately for me wasn't 2005 Nascar TB - Jeff was TBH0DT, oh well, like I said ... just waiting to make his move. B)

Edited by MRCOGEO

I'm just a complete innocent bystander in Virginia, hoping to help bugs after they hit Bristol, but I would think that Ernie Irvan would be in the lead, since he hit the cache in a tie BUT has 14 more miles on him than three others...Trickle, Hamilton and Atwood. Then the recently revived Mark Martin would be in 5th, since he hit the cache but has 85 less miles than the others.

Just a thought!! I'm having fun watching all of your bugs making their way north, south, west, north, then south, then west..ha ha!

:o

I'm just a complete innocent bystander in Virginia, hoping to help bugs after they hit Bristol, but I would think that Ernie Irvan would be in the lead, since he hit the cache in a tie BUT has 14 more miles on him than three others...Trickle, Hamilton and Atwood. Then the recently revived Mark Martin would be in 5th, since he hit the cache but has 85 less miles than the others.

Just a thought!! I'm having fun watching all of your bugs making their way north, south, west, north, then south, then west..ha ha!

:(

:( I like your way of thinking.

Well, as some of you may know, World's Fastest Half Mile has been muggled.

A noob found it on race day and then the next couple people to it found the container and searched everywhere for the contents, finding very little.

With that said, and with bugs at the cache just before it, I've changed the race cache. This One is now the cache that the TBs have to hit in Bristol.

I will update the website tonight. Please update your cache pages.

Well, the cacher who grabbed Jeremy Mayfield says he will take it further north, so there's hope. However, he has had it for almost two weeks. Maybe's Jeremy's getting a complimentary tune-up and tire rotation. :blink:

I sent a friendly note to the cacher holding Jeremy Mayfield, since it had been a while. Hopefully, we will see some movement in the right direction. :blink:

Truex got placed in Darlington, then grabbed by another cacher before Fishhook could get to a computer. Not everyone travels with wi-fi and Fishhook may still be a long way from home on his vacation.

Same thing may have happened to Ryan Newman.

I did get home on 4/6/05 at 6:00 PM after 1300 mile drive from Florida over 2 days. Didn't have access to a computer when I picked up Ryan Newman. Took him and Truex to Darlington on 4/5/05. If I read the logs correctly, Truex and Newman are 5th and 6th to Darlington. Real good Multi-cache there. Great 2nd and 3rd stage.

Truex got placed in Darlington, then grabbed by another cacher before Fishhook could get to a computer. Not everyone travels with wi-fi and Fishhook may still be a long way from home on his vacation.

Same thing may have happened to Ryan Newman.

I did get home on 4/6/05 at 6:00 PM after 1300 mile drive from Florida over 2 days. Didn't have access to a computer when I picked up Ryan Newman. Took him and Truex to Darlington on 4/5/05. If I read the logs correctly, Truex and Newman are 5th and 6th to Darlington. Real good Multi-cache there. Great 2nd and 3rd stage.

I re-read the Nascar site and it looks like Truex and Newman were 6th and 7th to Darlington as I originally thought when I was there.

Since I had Truex with me for more than 2 weeks and visited a number of caches in the Orlando area and they are non-race caches, can I log my Race TB in and out of these non-race caches for the mileage without someone else moving my TB from one of these non-race caches to another non-race cache? :D

Since I had Truex with me  for more than 2 weeks and visited a number of caches in the Orlando area and they are non-race caches,  can I log my Race TB in and out of these non-race caches for the mileage without someone else moving my TB from one of these non-race caches to another non-race cache?    :D

?????????? Sounds confusing to me??????????????

Well, the cacher who grabbed Jeremy Mayfield says he will take it further north, so there's hope.  However, he has had it for almost two weeks.  Maybe's Jeremy's getting a complimentary tune-up and tire rotation.  :D

I sent a friendly note to the cacher holding Jeremy Mayfield, since it had been a while. Hopefully, we will see some movement in the right direction. :D

Strange, now it looks like he passed Jeremy Mayfield to another cacher who says he is going to take it to Atlanta. Don't need it to go to Atlanta yet, but I guess it's a lot closer to Darlington, at least. :D

Someone grabbed my TB from Darlington before I logged it in there. When I tried to log it in, I could only add a note to the TB's log. How does one go about logging the TB into the cache after someone had grabbed it? :D

Use the tag numbers to grab them back from the other cacher and place it in Darlington. Email the other cacher to grab them again.

His logs indicate that he's familiar with the race, so I suspect he'll go along.

Someone grabbed my TB from Darlington before I logged it in there.  When I tried to log it in, I could only add a note to the TB's log.  How does one go about logging the TB into the cache after someone had grabbed it? :(

Use the tag numbers to grab them back from the other cacher and place it in Darlington. Email the other cacher to grab them again.

His logs indicate that he's familiar with the race, so I suspect he'll go along.

Thanks Mike,

I did that and it worked. :)

Yeah, well, Kyle decided to take a vacation instead of racing, too.. The first people that took him got him south to within site of the Bahamas.

I should have time today after I get back from lunch (no, he doesn't have a bug entered, but next year he will for sure!) to update the website.