It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

fly46

Ward Burton has made it to Jacksonville.

I think that I don't want to update the website every day. lol. I do promise that it will be updated once a week at least.

(And I am updating it today in preparation for the weekend)

I didn't hear about TL either, packrat. Looks like he might be the first bug with good reason to win the goody's headache award. lol!

I have a list of eight bugs that have moved since the last time the site was updated. Right now I'm sick as a dog, so I'm not going to mess with the site this weekend. I'll update the site sometime mid week.

Dale Earnhardt Sr is still in the lead.

Drivers moving since last site update: DE Sr, Jeremy Mayfield, W. Burton, Irvan, Truex, Bodine, Gordon, Musgrave

Oh its easy. If you have a bug in the race, you come down and grab it and drop it off in S.C.. Also, to correct a statement on the site, Agent K is only grabbing bugs that haven't moved... i.e. the Daytona T/B hotel. The ones that she put in Palm Coast have moved, and so are moving. Any bugs not grabbed at the event will be placed in a new cache she is starting at her event.

Edited by M&DofKJE
I have a list of eight bugs that have moved since the last time the site was updated.  Right now I'm sick as a dog, so I'm not going to mess with the site this weekend.  I'll update the site sometime mid week.

Once a week for the site itself seems fine to me. We're talking about the race here often enough anyway.

Get well soon.

How's this for a bug log?

Found while teachin a youngin what geocaching is all about.  And Bill

Elliott is my FAV race car driver of all time!  WOO HOO!!  We'll be

sending it soon.  Gentlemen, start your engines!  (And Victory

Junction is getting a nice donation from these NASCAR fans).

So, who owns Mark Martin? :ph34r:

Well I like to think Mark Martin is his own man and nobody owns him except maybe his sponsors. <_<

Looks like Mark Martin has decided to take an even earlier retirement from Nextel (WC) racing than expected.

Maybe he is just taking a long vacation, Hawaii would be good, and be eligble for the "headache" award though really can't complain after "winning" pole.

PS: Well a few days to "grieve" and I'll Mark Martin missing. B)

Edited by MRCOGEO
So, who owns Mark Martin? :ph34r:

Well I like to think Mark Martin is his own man and nobody owns him except maybe his sponsors. :ph34r:

Looks like Mark Martin has decided to take an even earlier retirement from Nextel (WC) racing than expected.

Maybe he is just taking a long vacation, Hawaii would be good, and be eligble for the "headache" award though really can't complain after "winning" pole.

PS: Well a few days to "grieve" and I'll Mark Martin missing. B)

was he not in the cache??? <_<

I have read logs where T/B's have been taken and not identified. Mark Martin could be among them. As of 9:15 P.M. E.S.T., he was not spotted in the T/B stop. Of course, then again all NASCAR bugs are no longer in there. (I had to go as I got off work past Agent K's bedtime.)

Little event update. It's pouring and 10 teams of cachers are out there hunting anyway. One of them is going to S.C. on Monday.... not that that is important to anyone....

Just so long as he takes my bugs.

I mean, who cares about the other ones? lol!

Sorry it's pouring down there. It's 75 and sunny and perfect here today.

Two groups divvied up the bugs. The S.C. Traveler (who shall not yet be named) took all that he wouldn't have to fix or repair daily or found on road dead. Another team took the rest. None wereleft for Agent K's cache. The race is in full gear now. All the bugs have left Daytona in the dust (no comment about #6). Goodbye racing bugs; on to Darlington!

(Although I will monitor the race, this will probably be my last post on this thread, unless we get to help one down to Homestead.)

Edited by M&DofKJE
Woo Hoo, looks like that 'ol #28 might just be in the lead. He is in Tennessee with 498 MILES. 2 more miles and he has a 500 miler under his belt. Davey Allison - NASCAR 2005 TB RACE©

Go Davey Go!!!!!

Except for one thing. Bristol is Track/Cache #3. Darlington is #2. So you have the most miles, but you're a little confused as to what's next on the circut.

Reminds me of an interview with Terry that they asked him if they thought he'd be able to 'go get 'em next week' and he had to ask what race they were referring to.

I'll update the site tomorrow.

Well, the placed logs are starting to roll in from all of the travel bugs that were at the very soggy event on Saturday. Some are gaining quite a bit of mileage, but others are headed in the right direction. (I was checking the maps and one bug's track looked like a golf flag, others are going straight up the coast) It'll be interesting to see who wins the race to the Darlington Cache.

Davey, for instance, may have gone 500 miles, but he's in Knoxville, TN. That puts him 200-300 miles away (as the crow flies) from the Darlington cache - and someone might get confused and send him to bristol first.

7e9a69a9-724a-4446-b8c5-d33d08023bb3.jpg

Others are fighting three wide!

:D Looks like Davey decided to take the long way to Darlington. When you have a lead like that, it gives you some time for site-seeing :rolleyes:

• Of the 3 bugs we have, I forgot to put a link for the first stop (Darlington) on Davey's TB page. I posted a note to the cache he's in asking whoever picks him up to send him in a n easterly direction :D

• Question: Since no one has gotten to the first stop, does most miles traveled still count for 1st place :)

Davey, for instance, may have gone 500 miles, but he's in Knoxville, TN.  That puts him 200-300 miles away (as the crow flies) from the Darlington cache - and someone might get confused and send him to bristol first. 

Or they might do the right thing and get him to Darlington first. Or he might just "visit" Bristol on his way to Darlington. Or he...............................

The first criteria for leading is number of tracks.

The second criteria for leading is miles.

So, since everybody has been to one track (Daytona), the leaderboard is currently set by mileage only. (or, because of the way your question was phrased: yes)

Once somebody hits Darlington, it's going to be arranged by number of tracks first, then miles.

The site will get updated later today. Gotta go do the college registration crap first today.

My poor travel bugs. A cacher picked up two of mine and one of someone else's (see the posted picture a few posts above this) and took them 70+ miles north along the coast - as in straight towards Darlington - and then what did they do? Took them back to Daytona and have now logged them in (and then hopefully out) of The Man In Black. Yes. The Virtual cache that the bugs started in.

I'm logging miles, but I feel like I'm getting lapped by the field.

Yeah, they sent me an email about it.

It was cute.

I'm going to see Kasey Kahne today.

I'm leaving my house around 3.30. It's noon now. I have to take a shower and find clothes to wear.

With that said, the additional two or so hours I have to do nothing will be used to work on the website to update the leader board. I would also like to edit the appearance of the front page, but that might have to wait for now. I'll see how much I can get done today.

Quick update so y'all will have it until the page is updated.

18 bugs have moved since the last update to the site which was on the 20th.

The top five is composed of every bug which has gone more than 200 miles.

Heres the top10:

498 Davey Allison

384 Dick Trickle

384 Casey Atwood

384 Bobby Hamilton, Jr

288 Geoffrey Bodine

174+ Harry Gant

160+ Ernie Irvan

113+ Dale Earnhardt Sr

89 Jeff Burton

89 Jeff Gordon

I'm going to suggest something to the rest of you.

If you have a bug that has been in the hands of somebody for more than two weeks, you might want to consider sending a nice email to the holder of the bug. "Thanks for picking up NASCAR bug. Just wanted to let you know it's in a race. It's next stop is Darlington SC, so if you could move it along, preferrably north east, I'd really appreciate it" Sometimes people just need a reminder, and a nice tactful email now might save heartache later.

8. Once you take a bug to a track, you must leave it! You can not help a bug to consecutive tracks. (You can't take it from northern Cali to southern Cali and then to Phoenix - Although, if you help it to Nashville, you can later help it from Cali to Phoenix.)

Ernie is heading up to Darlington then I'll drop him off in Western NC somewhere in Asheville so someone can move him on up to Bristol.....good luck all!!

I hate to be a party pooper. Is the plan of CocaCola to drop five racers into Darlington, then grab them back to take onward, going to be counted as a Darlington finish? If so, great. If not, will she notice that before getting to Darlington?

<Edited twice to correct bad grammar>

Edited by QOCMike