It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

fly46

First, let me say I know nothing about NASCAR (I know...I should be kicked out of the south). But that doesn't prevent me from being enthusiastic about entering my first travel bug race!

I have a TB tag...I have a car...what I don't know is who drove it...if I read the NASCAR website correctly, maybe its Buckshot Jones (might violate the obscure rule, tho').

The car I have is like this one. Y'all help me out...and if it's one that's not yet entered, I'll tune it up and send it!

EDIT: To fix link, and describe the car for folks who don't follow the link - it is a Hot Wheels 2001 #44 Brawny Dodge.

Edited by SwampGoat

I have a TB tag...I have a car...what I don't know is who drove it...if I read the NASCAR website correctly, maybe its Buckshot Jones (might violate the obscure rule, tho'). 

Somebody with better knowledge may fill in but...

But like you said Buckshot was racing (crashing?) the #44 in 2001

Also the #44 is owned by Petty Enterprises and has been raced by Buckshot, Nadeu and some others that I can't remember right now.

(WHOOPS POSTED BY FAMILY TEAM OF MRCOGEO)

Edited by Team CAPND

Well, I've done about as much research as I can on the web...it's clear Buckshot had #44 during those years and drove for Georgia Pacific, etc. I can't find any evidence his car looked exactly like this (with red instead of blue) though.

I've gone ahead and activated my bug, made its page and going to send it in.

If it gets disqualified, then I'll just have to give the pit crew their severance and go back to pumping gas! ;)

Buckshot did, in fact race that in 2001. Interestingly enough, six different drivers raced the car in 2002, Buckshot being one of them. (The others were Fittipaldi, Biffle, Grissom, Nadeau and Musgrave)... I did reply to your email, but I'll also reply to tell you here that you can use the car. Buckshot is now claimed.

The rules did say that I wanted at least semi official merchandise to be used for the bugs... This was a licenced collectible, so there's no worries at all.

It doesn't matter if it's the code that's on the bugs special page (The TBXXXX) or the six digit number that's on the bug's tag, just so long as there's one of the two. This makes it easier for me to find the bug on the site if I need to. People have done it both ways.

I'm actually amazed at how many different interperetations of the entry form there were. It's interesting to see how people take a simple instruction and follow it. It made for a great sociology experiment and I wasn't even trying. lol.

Seriously, though, just fill out the form the best you can. lol!

Geoffrey Bodine has also been claimed for the race.

I'll update the website tomorrow probably.

fly46,

I just put my TB entry's in the mail, USPS Priority. With the rain and road closures we have had here in CA, it took 10 DAYS to get the TB's from WA. They should be there in time. I will post a link for all 3 in the next few days.

• Ca Racetramp / Ernie Irvan
  • nkansastoto / Alan Kulwicki
  • Team Me & Honey / Davey Allison

WOO HOO, I can't wait for the NASCAR season 2005 to start. This TB race will make it that much better. Thanks fly46!!!!

Buckshot Jones' #44 car was put into a specially-designed USPS car-carrier on Tuesday so should arrive very soon. His racing page is here. Nothing fancy--but hey with a name like Buckshot what do you expect?!

Was great to see him on the official race page. Didn't see the #44 on the bulletin board yet, but am confident Pack Rat will get it on there in short order.

Yee-haw!

Kulwicki, Allison, Ervin are here.

Woo Hoo, glad my bugs are there!!! :ph34r:

BTW, probably just a typo, but it is IRVAN, not Ervin.

Actually, not a typo, but the result of a long day and me trying to remember which driver it was. lol. At the time Kenny Irwin was just starting to race, there were a few interesting hybrid spellings of the two. lol

I asked my mother to ask her friend if I could borrow her digital camera. Except that she was on vacation last week, and it's a brand new camera, so she probably won't lend it, she'll probably bring it over and watch me use it or take them herself.

Don't worry. I want a couple group race pictures.

Tony et all are here now.

Geoffrey is here (kinda)

If you have not yet gotten your travel bug to me, this is crunch time.

There is one week left to go through the grips of the postal service.

Will you make it in time or will you be black flagged before you even start?

Tony et all are here now.

Geoffrey is here (kinda)

If you have not yet gotten your travel bug to me, this is crunch time.

There is one week left to go through the grips of the postal service.

Will you make it in time or will you be black flagged before you even start?

How can a bug be here, kinda? (unless its in pieces...)

Tony et all are here now

Sure, sure just mention Him...Kevin and Ryan aren't important enough....LOL Just kidding...glad they made it, are they in good shape?

Because I was sitting here going... Tony and... umm.. um... um.... lol. You always remember the guys you want. Those other two are married!

Geoff's here kinda because I'm *still* waiting for tags for him. (Same reason my bugs aren't ready yet)

Groundspeak is extremly slow when you order through their free shipping/paypal link. And I'm a tad upset that they charged my credit card almost a week before they actually got around to mailing the tags.