It's Time To Prepare The Nascar Race!

fly46

Here is what happened when I tried to drill thru the trunk of a Racing Champions Ernie Irvan car. As they say in NASCAR, it just "done blowed up". I would suggest putting the chain thru the window. :rolleyes:7be0431c-dedf-4d9b-bff6-bd6f7865f1a9.jpg

Let me reiterate.

It's extremely simple to take out a good razor blade/exacto knife and cut away the window on the 'passanger' side of the car so that you can put the chain through.

My father once pushed a Jimmy Means car across a table... It rolled off the edge, hit the floor and SHATTERED... It honestly looked like it disintegrated when it hit the ground, which is why I suggest the window thing...

Keep the metal in tact... It's not that hard to take one of those cars and ruin it completely... (Ten minutes and a screwdriver and I had Gordo looking like he barrel rolled at Dega)

In Search Of Faeries got in with Tony and Ryan first, so nkansastoto, you're going to have to chose someone else, I'm sorry... ISOF, you're on people's poo list... lol.. I got an email from someone else chosing Tony just after you claimed him, too. lol!

KK is now taken as well...

Man I'm surprised it took so long with some of these drivers!

Any bug listed in green has arrived already. The bugs listed in black are just spoken for.

Thanks..

I like it when people can answer for me when I'm not around.

Sorry I wasn't by the way... I elected to actually go out and cache yesterday. lol. (Hiding not finding, unfortunately)

I never thought a series of 12 micros would be so hard to place.

The list on the website is current.

lol. Is that what it is?

Seriously, Why would you want Rusty anyway? I was at Rockingham once and he almost ran me over with a Golf Cart.

*giggles* Seriously, he was about eight feet away... So, really, no danger unless he had chugged a couple Millers after the race. lol. It was actually kinda cool.

Hey fly!

Just wanted to let ya know the group willbe on its way by the end of the week, just gotta get TB tags that are on the way. You have my Kasey Kahne on the "list of qualifiers" but i didn't see Fireball. I'll be sendin the other two and the tag for him. Thanks for getting the die-cast, and a HUGE THANKS for putting all this together!

wv-yen

In Search Of Faeries got in with Tony and Ryan first, so nkansastoto, you're going to have to chose someone else, I'm sorry... 

Don't be sorry, that's racin. I have another pick. I will take a former Champion, Alan Kulwicki. I think it would be nice to have a tribute TB for him. I checked the webpage and all 3 pages of this thread. Nobody has taken him, so, Alan Kulwicki will be my driver.

<_< But if you wanted to drill through the car for the chain, that would be fine.  :D  Just a tip, if you take an exacto knife, you can cut out the window net and passanger window (if there is one) to put the chain through that part of the car. 

:D Wish I hadn't read this before I pulled out that drill...LOL

I'll add the new drivers to the list.

I'll link to all the driver's pages - and keep the site updated with standings - once the race gets underway. Right now I just want to worry about getting the bugs to me and then to florida.

I wanted to have the tbs sent back to me if they ever make it to the end of the race. I'm still working out those details, though. We'll worry about that in a couple more weeks!

Fly

If the bugs survive the race, and make it back to you, will you then send them back to us?

Also I am having a devil of a time finding a Kevin car, I have one of his old Ac Delco #2 bush cars, will that work? Or would it be too confusing with Rusty's #2.

I'll keep looking, my bugs sgould be here by the end of the week according to the email I got, so I will send them to you this weekend.

Edited by In Search Of Faeries

I'm trying to get a cache within five miles of each track. In some instances it will be closest. In other instances, it will be the largest cache. It just depends on the circumstances. Each track is unique, each cache is unique, so the situation will be unique in each case.

Jeff Green is claimed ( and I am so so so so so so so so so sorry for that mistake )

Also I am having a devil of a time finding a Kevin car, I have one of his old Ac Delco #2 bush cars, will that work? Or would it be too confusing with Rusty's #2.

I'll wait for final confirmation by race prez, fly46, but the car will work.

But it just so happens that the Rusty Wallace 2005 TB team is looking for co-sponsors In Search of Fairies. If you want to send me a picture (I know it will be hard to find just one!) of some of your Rusty memorabilia or failing the ability to send pictures maybe a 10,000 word essay and a life-time commitment to sponsorship, I'll run it by Mr. Wallace and we'll see what happens.

mrcogeo@TRASHME.adelphia.net

And yes, ISOF, we know what you are trying to pull... :D:lol::D ... in your creative way with releasing a car's whose number just happens to be the same as your Rusty's car, we're on to your little game. :lol:

Edited by MRCOGEO
MRCOGEO  Posted: Jan 4 2005, 08:24 AM 

And yes, ISOF, we know what you are trying to pull...    ... in your creative way with releasing a car's whose number just happens to be the same as your Rusty's car, we're on to your little game. 

Darn I didn't realize I was so obvious... :D

fly46 Posted: Jan 4 2005, 11:05 AM 

no clue why you're having so much trouble finding one.. Check Walmart/Target/KMart and look for Winner's Circle and they're bound to have one.

I checked walmart yesterday, they usually have everything. They had like 10 ryan newman cars, 2 rusty's (I bought both of course)

about a zillion joe nemecheck's (why???) and that was about it

I'm checking Target today, and alas...we have no Kmart, they closed all the ones here a couple of years ago...

Had you come to me with this problem a week or so ago, I could have gone down to the dark and damp and checked the inventory. LOL! Interestingly enough, I did see quite a bit of Kevin Harvick stuff at Dollar General tonight.

Either way, I don't particularly care which car you use, so long as you're not taking a rusty car and writing Kevin's name across the hood.

Why do you think there's a gazillion Joe Nemechek cars left? The only people that buy them are his wife (to give to his kids to play with) and his mother.

*runs before someone throws stuff at me* I've met him, he's a wonderful person, just not very popular.

Why do you think there's a gazillion Joe Nemechek cars left? The only people that buy them are his wife (to give to his kids to play with) and his mother.

That's what I figured, but why stock so many in the first place?

I promise it is a Kevin car. You should know better... I would NEVER deface a Rusty car for ANY reason.

I mean Kevin is great and all, but he Ain't Rusty.

Incidentally there are no names on the car. I didn't even realize it was a kevin car at first, when I bought it, I had to turn it over and read the label on the package that said it was a Kevin car.

Racing Champions makes up a case of cars. You get 36 cars in a case and those cars are whatever assortment they come up with. You may get four of one driver and two of someone else. All the assortments are the same. Now, I have no earthly idea why they make so many of someone that doesn't sell, but who knows. Maybe if you're in his hometown they can't keep them on the shelf? I know in NE Ohio you can't keep a blaney car if your life depended on it, but there are more to be found in, say, Tennessee.

I should really think out my posts before I hit the enter button, huh?

Anyway. I have finished my update to the website. There are 35 bugs entered in the race. Those of you who haven't entered a full team might want to consider entering in extra drivers. We're only 8 bugs away from a full field!

Also, remember to get your bugs in the mail to me since there's only about three weeks left.

I'm finalizing some things. I'll announce the schedule (well, probably except for Daytona) on Feb 1, and at that time the bugs will be going to Florida. Awards are being prepared. Prizes are being discussed and decided upon. Get your stuff in to me now!

I was considering making a checklist of the caches it has to go to. Or at least a list of the tracks with a note saying check the website for the exact cache. That way if I have to switch caches mid race, the tags will be okay still. There will also be a tag attatched just saying it's in the race.

You can attatch as much or as little as you would like. Feel free to add whatever info you'd like there to be on a tag or to the tb's page.

Martin Truex Jr has been claimed.