Ray&rose Geocoins

Square Bear

Have four more caches in the working stage. Three will go out this weekend, we only have one more Washington coin that will go out in a new cache and that one we are saving for a puzzle cache we are working on. The three that will go out this weekend will have unactivated USA geocoins in them. Will wait to plan any more until the new coins come in. Went shoping last night and the three going out this weekend will have some cool swag in them. Two will have small first aid kits and one has a headlamp, looking forward to some one finding them. Merry Christmas from Ray&Rose.

<_< Sorry to bust in on this thread. We are finally about to get the GOWT (Geocachers of West Tennessee) coins in this week. Thanks for everyone who has ordered. If there are any of you out there who have placed an order (or want to place an order). I would love to do some trading!!!! Send me an email and if you have ordered, I will slip in an extra coin if you have a coin to trade. Moun10Bike....thanks again. Awesome coin!!! Like I said, they don't make it often all the way to Tennessee.

GOWT coins

BTW-Ray, the coin looks great. We used KV coins as well. Rick and Ken were great to work with-even with all my annoying emails and calls. Would highly recommend.

No problem wouldn’t be that hard to figure out for you self on their web page. The total was 640.00 with shipping, they don’t have to be that expensive but we got some of the extras. The pewter rather than bronze, 1.75 inch size, color on both side, enamel on both sides and the numbering all cost extra. A plain bronze 1.5 inch coin with die charge would come out around 450.00 plus shipping for 100.

No problem wouldn’t be that hard to figure out for you self on their web page. The total was 640.00 with shipping, they don’t have to be that expensive but we got some of the extras. The pewter rather than bronze, 1.75 inch size, color on both side, enamel on both sides and the numbering all cost extra. A plain bronze 1.5 inch coin with die charge would come out around 450.00 plus shipping for 100.

Just remember that a frog in the deep south wants to trade for one! <_<

These R&R coins look great. Interesting to read the ideas, and see the changes from the original.

I have a question about the tracking. I can see putting serial numbers on the coins, it gives them a more personalized look, but does anyone actually send these out into the wild to be tracked? I would imagine they wouldn't make it very far.

It’s been right at a month since we approved the design, but sense they didn’t charge the credit card until the 27th will give it a week or two before I get to excited. Our wooden nickels are also trackable and since not every one is a collector then it at lest gets them moved from cache to cache rather than just sitting in caches. The best thing about having the nickels and the coins trackable is that you can go back and look at who has them in there collections, or who had them and passed them on.

This is the email that I got today.

--- info@KVCoins.com wrote:

> Hi Sir,

>

> Production of your coins has been delayed some

> because we have had a couple

> military organizations place rush orders for their

> upcoming events. Your

> coins will be completed in 2 to 3 weeks. If you like

> we can have the first

> coin sent to you. If you would like that can you

> please send us your mailing

> address.

And this is the reply that I gave them, will have to wait and see what comes of it.

Rick

That's all well and good, but I approved the design on the 17th of Dec. We are now in the fifth week and now you tell me it could be 3 more weeks that puts it at eight weeks after I approved the design this is not expectable.  I can understand a slight delay since my credit card was not charged until the 27th of Dec but this is far beyond what is an expectable delay. I have spend 21 years in the military and we have a saying poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Ray

Edited by Ray&Rose

This is the email I got back

Hi Ray - this is Ken.  Your coins are in production and will be done

soon.

Hopefully Rick didn't give you the impression that your order wasn't

important - that's not the case!

December & January is a busy time of year for us.  We make a lot of

coins

for annual awards ceremonies at different bases across the country - so

production slows down a little.

Unfortunately, the only way we can give our customers a guaranteed

delivery

date is when they pay a $200 rush fee - This is on our disclaimer - on

our

website - plus we put it on each invoice.

I am contacting our factory manager today, and will get a more

definitive

completion/delivery date for you.  Sorry for the delay - but you'll be

very

happy with the completed coins!

Thanks, Ken

I send them an email back stating that up to two week delay, although I wouldn’t be happy about it could accept. A delay beyond that I felt was unreasonable. I haven’t heard back from them since the reply email back to them.

I got a shipping date of 24th of FEB today. Sorry to those that sent me their coins and are wait to get ours. My thoughts on the whole process it’s not some thing that I would enjoy going through again. If I did do it all over again would go with the sample coin first, then I would of only had to pay for the die cost until they started production. It didn’t result in getting the coins any faster and I had to pay for every thing up front. KV coins was great through the design phase and worked very well with me through all of the changes that I send them. It has been one headache after another to get them to actually get the coins in to production the initial delay was suppose to be 2 to 3 weeks now looks 4 weeks. Thanks again to every one that helped in the design and that have offered trades, I will get them out to every one as soon as I get my hands on them.

I don't mind waiting at all because I know that the end product is going to be a very nice coin.

My wait seemed pretty long at the time... since I don't have kids I think I can state that it was "the longest wait of my life" so I know how its killing you. Hang in there the end result will be worth it... and eventually you'll consider doing it again I bet.

Hi Ray - this is Ken.

I am very sorry - I confused your order with another one.

Your coins will be shipped to us on 21 Feb.  We will

receive/inspect/forward them to you No Later Than 24 Feb.  You will

have

the coins in your hands No Later Than 27 Feb.

Sorry for the confusion!

Ken

This was the last email I got from them on the 15th of Feb, today being the 28th and still no coins I send them an email today and politely asked them for the tracking number.

Two days and no answer for the tracking number so I emailed them again today. I don’t think that I’ve been too unreasonable; the biggest thing that I have asked for is to be kept informed. A couple of more days and I start calling ever day.

Ken

What is going on the date is past that you said I

would have my coins by. I send an email asking for a

tracking number and no reply, so I can only assume

that you have not received them yet and have not even

bothered to inform me of this. This just adds to the

every growing list of delays and poor customer

service. Now comes the time that I have to ask what

are you going to do for me to keep me as a customer,

and to convince the dozens of other people that have

been following this process to convince them they

should use your company.

Ray

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...opic=85266&st=0

This is were the other potential customers have been

following the process, or you can try a google of KV

Coins

The latest

Hi Ray - Your coins are in route from the factory to us - we haven't received them yet... we expected them to be here by now.  The minute they arrive we will quality check and forward them to you.  We understand your eagerness to get the coins - we are just as eager to get them to you.  The only way to guarantee delivery by a specific date is to pay for fed ex shipping.  We put a disclaimer on our invoice and on our website that states production/delivery times vary and we do not guarantee delivery dates for standard orders. The quality and cost of our products are what keep our customers coming back for more.  Our average orders don't take as long as yours has - this isn't the norm - but you should now that any re-orders will be made/delivered much faster since the die/mold has already been created. This is our busiest time of year = because of military annual awards banquets - but we are confident you'll be very happy with the completed product - They will be worth the wait! Next time - if you need the coins by a specific date - please pay for the rush Fed Ex shipping. Thanks, and sorry to keep you waiting.

Ken

Here is my reply

Ken

This is the email that I received from you on the 15 FEB.

Hi Ray - this is Ken.

I am very sorry - I confused your order with

another one.

Your coins will be shipped to us on 21 Feb.  We will

receive/inspect/forward them to you No Later Than 24 Feb. You will have the coins in your hands No Later Than 27 Feb.

Sorry for the confusion!

Ken

I didn't ask for a date, you gave me one. When the 21 Feb came around and you hadn't received my coins yet, good customer service warranted an email to me stating that fact. You are the one that promised that I would have them no later than the 27 Feb, when the 28 Feb came and went I became concerned and send you an email. Once again good customer service would of warranted an answer to that email. I believe that you do good work and the end result will make me happy, but that should not make up for poor customer service.

Ray

I’ll let you come to your own conclusions on this one I know what my thought of this company are.

Finally an answer that’s a little easier to stomach then the ones I’ve been getting. Hopefully if any thing comes of this, it will be that any one that does business with them in the future will not have to go through what I had to go through.

Ray, you are right.  I am sending a courtesy copy of this email to all The KV Coins staff. We have a weak area that needs improvement.  Our customer service should be better. Explanation: Business is booming and we are so busy handling new orders that we neglect keeping in contact with customers that are waiting for coins.  On average, we have about 50 coins deals pending at any given time.  We haven't found a way to handle the influx of new emails and customer inquiries "as well as" keeping in contact with customers that have coin deals pending.  I started work at 7:30am this morning, and I'm answering your email at 7:30pm - this has been a 12 hour work day for me - and this is the norm. We aren't making enough profit to expand and hire more people - but - We know if we did hire more people our customer service would improve -however - Hiring more people without the money to pay them could destroy the company -but -Hypothetically - hiring additional workers and improving customer service could create more business and generate more $ to pay the additional workers! It's a "Catch 22" This is our 4th year in business and we are experiencing growing pains....Business is good, but not good enough to allow us to hire additional staff... at least, not yet.  We are hoping to hire two more full time employees within the next 6 months - if all goes as planned (fingers crossed)

Ken

You can always use the company I odered my coins from.Less than one month turn around.

You probably got the preferential treatment given to the Military :ph34r:

That is a classy email (finally). Let's hope that the coins are just as impressive as the ones that other cachers have ordered, and that the business gets settled in after their growing pains.

If it's not to late I'd like buy 7 when they come out.

Is there a place to put in an order that I missed or are you just keeping a list?

Ummm, they are someone's personal coins.

Hey Ray, sorry to hear what you have been going through. I hope they work things out and people continue to use them. They do make a good quality coin.

Finally an answer that’s a little easier to stomach then the ones I’ve been getting. Hopefully if any thing comes of this, it will be that any one that does business with them in the future will not have to go through what I had to go through.

I feel I should post something here, as I , along with many others, have been watching closely.

I had approved a design with the company recently. As the stated time frame for a sample coin was ending, I sent an email last night. I received a reply today, along with a photo of the sample coin, which is to be mailed. So all, thus far, is really within the expected time frame.

Several recommendations led me to them, in spite of slightly higher total cost than other companies.

I have been on both sides of the counter, and know that %$^& happens. Hopefully, not too often.

So here is crossing my fingers and hope I don't fall through the same crack as Ray & Rose have.

bgf