Ray&rose Geocoins

Square Bear

We liked the bear theme. When I did the avatar Rose loved it, she said it looked like she was asking me why I got us lost in the woods again. The middle paw print is what we used on the wooden nickels because they couldn’t do a solid design on them. I think I like the solid print on the left for the coins.

Hi everyone!!!! This is the Rose part of Ray & Rose! I think my vote is for the left paw print also but was thinking on putting in a dark green background. I would love to have some feedback on that before we agree to a final draft. Hope to meet all of you someday if only I didn't work so many hours...... :lol:

Are you kidding Moun10bike of course I would like to do a trade. I would like to keep the one I found the hike on the Maple Loop Trail is one of the best I’ve done so far and I probable wouldn’t of found out about the Got Coin trip if I hadn’t of found it either. What I would like to do with the other coin is in the words of Nolenator “share the love” and place it out in an appropriate cache.

The story about the paw print is I few years back I was watching a wood working show and the guy used a stamp of a frog on all the projects that he did. I thought that was cool so all of the project I did after that I used a bear paw stamp. One year I made wooden clocks for Christmas presents all of them had a small drawer and on the bottom of all the drawers is a bear paw print. When we started geocaching we started using the paw print on cards with a flag pin. I started to think it was a little plain so I came up with the new one with the two bears.

The story about the paw print is I few years back I was watching a wood working show and the guy used a stamp of a frog on all the projects that he did. I thought that was cool so all of the project I did after that I used a bear paw stamp. One year I made wooden clocks for Christmas presents all of them had a small drawer and on the bottom of all the drawers is a bear paw print. When we started geocaching we started using the paw print on cards with a flag pin. I started to think it was a little plain so I came up with the new one with the two bears.

:rolleyes:

So do I! Every clock and frame I make has the infamous "frog" stamp!

http://www.frogprincedesigns.com

I am just wondering which bear is which. Do I get any props because I was a factor in getting you your M10B coin? Maybe just one of your wooden nickels. Peace, Nolenator

Just got an email back from Ken, even the larger of the pictures for the front of the coin is to pixilated. I'm not much of an artist sort of a cut, paste and clean up kind of guy. He is working on it so not sure how long it will take to work that out.

If you can email me the largest one you have, I'd be glad to clean it up for you!

Hi - How do you like the coins/service from KV Coins. I'm moving forward with my coin design and I'm looking for somewhere to have them made. Any comments on D&R Military as well would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I started my coin adventure with D&R and didn't like the service at all. They made me feel like I was having to work for them to take my business. Switched to KV and everything was great.

Hi - How do you like the coins/service from KV Coins. I'm moving forward with my coin design and I'm looking for somewhere to have them made. Any comments on D&R Military as well would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

I started my coin adventure with D&R and didn't like the service at all. They made me feel like I was having to work for them to take my business. Switched to KV and everything was great.

I to used D&R for my coins and WILL NOT use them again, very pour customer service skills.

It was like pulling teeth to get answers!

Pepper

I used KV and I wish they had a referal bonus plan :)

They always got back to my questions and there were no surprises. The price on the website was the the price... and the coins turned out great.

There sure seem to be quite a few new coins in the works... I like it :laughing:

Try googling KV coins. The 3rd on the list (and the first non-KVcoin.com link) is a link to these forums and the thread on Blazerfan's coins :huh:

hey blazerfan, do you know if they keep the dies that you pay for? I'm thinkin I might order a hundred sometime int he near future, but it'd be nice to have the option of going back and ordering another batch, without that extra fee. (I suppose I could ask them, but I figured since a couple people here have had em done, maybe they'd know).

hey blazerfan, do you know if they keep the dies that you pay for? I'm thinkin I might order a hundred sometime int he near future, but it'd be nice to have the option of going back and ordering another batch, without that extra fee. (I suppose I could ask them, but I figured since a couple people here have had em done, maybe they'd know).

Yes, they keep the die and you can reorder without the die fee. I think the minimum reorder is still 100.

2fb2410b-2071-4e88-9c99-e9207a69b277.jpg

The new file I send him worked, thanks to Joefrog and Globalgirl for the offer to help. Joefrog I had the same idea of having the bears raised. Now I need to ask Ken about that and then break out the plastic.

I've got a thought on the bear side...

Extend the 4 colors! make it round, and enlarge the bears to fit! I realize it's not quite your avatar if you do that, but it'd look pretty neat!

Edited by joefrog
2fb2410b-2071-4e88-9c99-e9207a69b277.jpg

The new file I send him worked, thanks to Joefrog and Globalgirl for the offer to help. Joefrog I had the same idea of having the bears raised. Now I need to ask Ken about that and then break out the plastic.

Extend the 4 colors! make it round, and enlarge the bears to fit! I realize it's not quite your avatar if you do that, but it'd look pretty neat!

Hey! I sent him an email saying the same thing. :blink:

Extend the 4 colors!  make it round, and enlarge the bears to fit!  I realize it's not quite your avatar if you do that, but it'd look pretty neat!

Yes, yes - fill the circle with the 4 colors, enlarge the bears and tweak the number - nice polishing touches all. Indeed, I'm a complete sucker when it comes to the tempation to whittle digital graphics, so couldn't resist grabbing those puppies and...

rayrose_geocoin.jpg

I also tried it with the number in the bear paw as Nol suggested. I rather like it there too but... the ridge below needs a little something to balance the "travelertags.com" above so I just rounded the edges.

btw, not sure what you wanted with that lone white spot on the right bear's muzzle ray. But to me it didn't look right so I nixed it. Is it somehow important?

LOL, nuthin' like turning R 'n R's geocoin project into a veritable "It takes a village". :blink:

I have all ready approved the design but the email I send was late in the day so hopefully he didn’t get it before he went home. Thanks Navdog and Globalgirl I send him a design with both of your suggestions. I also added to try and sink the white part of the front of the coin down to bare metal or at lest to make it bare metal. Will have to wait and see. I promised him it would be the last change request. :blink:

Ok latest and greatest, they have the inputs that I send them from Globalgirl and Navdog. The hold up right now is that I wanted the bears to be higher than the squares. To do that they need an actual photo, they said they might be able to modify a photo to get the bears in the right position. It may take a few days to get the art work done, I’m not in so much of a hurry that I can’t wait for a couple of more days. If not then the bears will just be flat on the squares. Thanks Globalgirl your on the list.

Got word from KV coins today on what was suppose to be the final draft. The back of the coin had all of the changes. The numbers in an oval instead of a square and the "Track at" was added. The front of the coin was unchanged sent them a picture of the front again and we will see what happens, they must be slowing down due to the Holidays, at the beginning would get an answers back the same day and now it's taking several days.