Uk Cacher Of The Month Table

Deego

Cacher Of The Month Table

There are only a few rules:-

1) You must be a UK based cacher.

2) All caches count home and abroad including locationless (reverse) caches.

3) Travel bugs will be counted on the day you picked them up to move them.

4) Travel bugs released applies to newly activated by you and released that month.

5) Trigpoints only count the first time you logged them and must have been visited that month.

Points will be awarded as the table below. All entries to be in by the 15th of the following month.

Don't forget this is just for fun so please enter regardless of your score.

Cache found 10

Cache hidden 20

Travel Bug Moved 10

Travel Bug activated (new) 20

Trigpoint logged 10

More info can be found on the Main page

and A full list of the Tables can be foundhere

Thanks to ALL that have entered in the past

Brian (Deego)

Darn it! :)

I was hoping for last place but now that you've doubled the points for a new cache, I'll aim for the penultimate spot instead! :lol::lol::(

Caches Found = 0

Caches Hidden = 1

Travel Bugs Moved = 0

Travel Bugs Released = 0

Trig Points visited = 0

Making the grand total of 20 points! Woo hoo! :(

Not a very good month for us either, too many kids parties combined with swimming lessons during the weekend :(

Email sent - oooohhhh just thought - add another 5550 points for logging the Deego TB into every cache we have ever visited, feeling dizzy? :lol::lol:

I have just totted mine up and sent them off. I managed to do more than last month! :lol: I grabbed a last minute just under the wire cache for November last night on my way home. I have another milestone figure in the not to distant future, will I make it before Christmas? Can I do a cache a day before then? Will it ever stop raining? I still haven't done any Christmas shopping :lol: worry!

A really bum month... :huh::):laughing:

Just 13 caches found, 3 travel bugs found ( and 1 released if you count the Slytherin CIN one) and 1 trig point (not yet logged but 'found' last Sunday)

I would have had a new cache placed but it's not been approved yet so hopefully that'll go onto next months score.

That means certain relegation; see you all at the bottom of the 'conference league', guys :)

Edited by Pharisee
Cacher Of The Month Table

Don't forget this is just for fun so please enter regardless of your score.

Cache found 10

Cache hidden 20

Travel Bug Moved 10

Travel Bug activated (new) 20

Trigpoint logged 10

Brian (Deego)

Having looked at the list, I've just realised that you've missed something out :huh:!

For organising a really successful CIN or RNLI Charity Event 1000 POINTS :)

dAVE :laughing:

For organising a really successful CIN or RNLI  Charity Event 1000 POINTS B)

I'd add for organizing events raising funds for and awareness of Mountain Rescue teams, or for that matter CITO - at least 1000 points! But Dave would be too modest.

Edited by John Stead
For organising a really successful CIN or RNLI  Charity Event 1000 POINTS B)

I'd add for organizing events raising funds for and awareness of Mountain Rescue teams, or for that matter CITO - at least 1000 points! But Dave would be too modest.

Especialy as SheWhoMustBeObeyed (jeanette) did so much work. And Honestly John the points should go to everyone who has been brave enough to attend one of my events :lol: .

A big thank you to everyone who attended the meal, I don't know what the final figure that you all raised was, but with the donation included in the cost of the meal, and the raffle together raised £77 + the amount you all shelled out on the OVMRO gifts, which seemed to have disapeared off the table by the time we left. One thing I'm sure off, the slide show was definatly an "eye opener" B)

Dave B)

I have decided to scrap the COTM table. It was always my intention for COTM to ADD to the caching experience, Over the last few months It appears to be doing the opposite, So November will be the last month the table will be done.

I would like to thank everyone who entered, with special thanks going to the people who entered every month.

I have no hard feelings, In fact I really enjoyed doing the table, But I am not prepared antagonise even one more cacher,

I am really sorry to all the people that I have let down and thanks again.

Brian

I have decided to scrap the COTM table. It was always my intention for COTM to ADD to the caching experience, Over the last few months It appears to be doing the opposite, So November will be the last month the table will be done.

I would like to thank everyone who entered, with special thanks going to the people who entered every month.

I have no hard feelings, In fact I really enjoyed doing the table, But I am not prepared antagonise even one more cacher,

I am really sorry to all the people that I have let down and thanks again.

Brian

Can I be the first to ask you to reconsider Brian??

As I see it by far the majority of forum users take great pleasure in your tables and your decision to stop will detract from their forum pleasure!!

It was never my bag I admit...yes I joined in for a couple of months and indeed might have continued but I realised that it might get me into more debates so I gracefully retired from entering....but ...and it is a big but....I fully acknowledge that there are a lot of cachers who delight in your table!!

So for their sake ... won't you reconsider?? Remember you can't please everyone and as far as I can see...you are pleasing a heck of a lot at the moment :blink:

Bill.

Brian

:blink: We are really sorry that you are stopping the COTM table :D

Please reconsider as 99% of cachers enjoy the taking part and look forward to the results. :D

The small minority who appear to have taken umbridge should not be allowed to get their way.

Whatever your final decision we have enjoyed entering every month ( bar the first which we missed :D ), and will respect your decision.

Thank you Brian for bringing an extra dimension to our enjoyment of geocaching :D

Mark & Joan

Noooooooooooooooooo dont stop. I was going to be at the top one day soon real soon i promise honest i do. My plan involved purchasing all the UK geocoin production. Releasing 100 stockpiled tb's. Setting a 50 stage (all loggable) multi cache, a caching trip to London for a 24 hour record attempt and logging the 100 trigpoints within 15 miles of home.

Seriously please reconsider, the whole family get real enjoyment from seeing where we've come, its become part of the game for us now.

I would be gutted if you dropped it Brian. Even if I spend all my time languising in one of the bottom three spots :blink:

I am sure I have already said it but your table your rules and sod anyone who doesn't like it. Let's see if they have the wherewithall to set up this succesful format that is enjoyed by more than 50 people a month!

Si

Your COTM, your call, Brian! It’s nice to see the replies of support coming in.

There’s been a great deal of effort put in by all of us who have contributed scores to your COTM equalled by your efforts in running the event, especially in the face of some unnecessary criticism.

Whatever the outcome you deserve recognition for your efforts and I would ask everyone to consider what has been the single most influential aspect on Geocaching activity in GB this year?

Besides... if Seasider has truly retired, Volvoman hasn't been seen for some time and Pyoung1 is slowing down too, it now gives others a chance to get to the top of the table!!! :D:DB)B):D:D:blink::D:D

But I also belive that it was because of COTM Volvoman stopped. but thats another story and its unconfirmed.

thanks for the support. I will give it some thought, but think my mind is made up :D

sorry again.

Stunned to think that folks may be "giving up" because of COTM or Forum issues. At the end of the day, both are just distractions from the real sport. If I really objected to something I'd seen on here then I'd no longer visit - maybe even change my ID - but I wouldn't give up geocaching! Must be something pretty serious...

Thanks to Brian for a bit of additional fun while it lasted.

If anyone's thinking of continuing with son-of-COTM, I'm happy to help. But I don't have the time to take on the lot.

Far too serious on here recently - lighten up folks! :blink:

If no one else steps forward with a web page, I'd be happy to collate peoples December figures and post them here. Same scoring criteria as Brian's CotM table. I might do a 'non Trig point' version too, if you're good.

simplypaulgc@aol.com - You can email me your December figures from Jan 1st-15th.

There will be no arguments. Take part if you wish to, ignore it if you do not. Life is too short and Geocaching too silly for relative finds, hides, TBs and trig numbers to cause anyone distress.

SP

P.S. My personal thanks to Brian for all his work on the COTH feature in the past. Shame a few loud voices have put a stop to it when so many quiet ones praised it. But as Paul says, it's his table, so it's his call.

Edited by Simply Paul