Question very basic...

Indigo41

Thank you very much ...am just getting started at this and I would like to ask you another question if I may? I have a Magellen 315 converted to a 315A if I download off the internet is it or will it be possible to erase or delete the down load? sorry for the extra question...

quote:
Originally posted by Indigo41:

I have a Magellen 315 converted to a 315A if I download off the internet is it or will it be possible to erase or delete the down load?

I'm not sure that I understand this question, but I'll take a whack at it and someone will dope slap me if I'm wrong...

As I understand you, you've done a firmware upgrade on your GPSr. I don't own this GPSr, but I believe it will be the same for all types. A download of coordinates to your unit will have no effect on your firmware upgrade. If you make another firmware download, it will change what you have done. For instance, if you download a previous firmware version, you will lose improvements made with the more advianced version.