Changing Log Type

kayakanimal

No. Your first option is to send an e-mail to the person posting the log, explaining the reason why you'd like it changed, and asking them to comply with your request voluntarily. This is always preferable. But if it doesn't work, your next option as the cache owner is to delete the log. The logger will receive a notice that this has occurred. The other option, encryption, doesn't seem applicable here.

The reason for this is we wanted to ensure that the person who logged the listing owned the listing itself. You can archive it but you can't modify it in any way.

The exception is administrators who can do this, but the best bet is to ask the user to change it.

My ''Do NOT Find This Cache'' cache has a requirement...

''To post a find here…

The FTF MUST post a 50 word essay as to why he/she is NOT hooked on caching.

ALL other cachers MUST post a 30 word essay on why he/she is NOT hooked on caching.

Logs WITHOUT essays may be removed. ''

One cacher (that has only 6 finds) posted a ver small log. I have emailed them but the email keeps getting returned. I didn't want to dicsurage someone by removing their log.

Any suggestions?

I know you are only trying to encourage creativity, but do so by being creative yourself, rather than force.

Required a particular kind of log is not geocaching. Geocaching is finding a box in the woods. Once that it done, it's a find in my book. If you want people to write essays, make that part of the finding-the-box process, not the log.

I imagine if your cache was particularly memorable, most people would write 50 or 30 words anyway.

Leave the log, drop the goofy logging requirement. Remember the cacher who required people post particular p-fruits?

Jamie