Need The Specifics On Pocket Pc/mapping Software

Cache Maine

I have been dabbling with this paperless thing for a few weeks. I've been sorta successful but I'm stuck now. Here's what I've got going:

I was able to transfer all my waypoints to my gps (Garmin Legend) using GSAK. (WHOA!)

I have a pocket pc and have been using GPXSonar and I really like it so far. I was able to load all my waypoints in there so I have all the cache pages and info and logs right on the pda. I also have a bluetooth logger GPS thingy...and have Mapopolis as my mapping software.

So whalla! I've got it right? But this is what I'm thinking...

Is there a way to enter all my waypoints to the mapping software on the pocket pc so that when I tap it, the cache info page opens up??? I'm just wondering. Maybe it hasn't been invented yet? Maybe I just have the wrong mapping software?

I understand how you can look at the waypoint name, then go look at it in the sonar thing...but I'm lazy and thought if I could just *TAP* it...that would be sweet!

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!

GPXTOMAPLET will convert the.gpx file that you created for GPXSONAR to a maplet that you copy into the file where you keep your Mapopolis maps. (I mkeep mine in the SD memory card to save PPC memory) You will then have icons on the Mapopolis maps that you tap to get info about the cache and then you can navigate to it. It's great as you're taveling around as you can see nearby caches.

I use %typ (%Dif/%Ter) %By %name in the GSAK Cache Description section. I also use %smart %code in the GSAK Waypoint name section with 17 character selected. That way, when GPXTOMAPLET creates the maplet, you see on the map the smart name, cache type, D/T, cache placer name etc when you tap the icon. That info also matches the GPXSONAR displays in your PPC too.

GOod luck :laughing:

Edited by Alan2