Bison Tubes

Check out IMS surplus, on down this page you'll find the stainless tube with O ring seal., with small stainless split ring. It comes with the screw top inner liner tube (an inert plastic for nitro pills) that can be used by itself as a log container. $1 each. Just below the stainless containers are slightly larger ones in aluminum, also with an O ring seal. I don't remember what I paid for shipping, but it was reasonable. I believe this is exactly the same item as the Ebay auction above.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

We appreciate the plugs!

Those stainless capsules are about 3/8" shorter than the small bison tube and the same diameter. While I haven't bought from that company on eBay I noticed that is the cheapest way to get a quality small capsule. I bought mine a while back from IMS Surplus when I was checking things out. Of course, they only come is shiny silver and can't be easily engraved.

I figure a good way to camo one is get a t-shirt with the Real Tree camo pattern and cut it up make little pouches--kind of like mini ghillie suits for micros.

We have the Bison tubes in black or green. I think the black is the easiest to hide as it naturally hides in shadows.

Hope this helps!

Edited by CoyoteRed
If you're not married to the Bison Tube I have similarly sized containers (plastic) that I'll send you for the cost of shipping.

Here's a pic (the taller one):  0230_02.jpg

They're just under 2" long and 1/2" in diameter.

I'll send you 25 at a time if you want.

how much is the postage to California?

I can send you 25 of them via Priority Mail for $5.00. I got them from a friend of mine who's in the medical supply business.

They're great for selling crack too! :lol:

Edit: I also have a formatted log/geocaching message that I can e-mail to those who are interested. It's set up to be rolled up and fit perfectly in the Nalgen containers.

Edited by Mudinyeri
If you're not married to the Bison Tube I have similarly sized containers (plastic) that I'll send you for the cost of shipping.

Here's a pic (the taller one): 0230_02.jpg

has anyone heard from him?

He seems to have not come back to the forum -

I'd like to get some of these from him -

Here's a pic (the taller one):  0230_02.jpg

has anyone heard from him?

He seems to have not come back to the forum -

I'd like to get some of these from him -

I'm only on the forums periodically. Like Birdsong said, e-mail me. That'll get my attention! :laughing:

Anyone who wants any of these just drop me a line at toby @ theasplins.com (Remove the spaces from the e-mail addy. I'm just trying to foil the spam bots.)

I can send you between 1 and 25 for $5.00 shipped anywhere in the Continental U.S. I have about 1000 of these.

I also have a formatted Goecaching message and log that fits into the tubes when cut down that I'll e-mail to anyone who buys some.

Happy caching!

Edited by Mudinyeri