stoopit kwestin take 2

ffdave

Themed caches - would anyone out there be interested in going to a pet (dog specifically) themed/friendly cache? I was considering setting up one (well my first) with a bunch of dog toys. I just know how much my dogs enjoy going everywhere else w/me and thought that it might be a fun thing to incorperate into caching.

just an idea..

-ffdave

I see no harm in creating caches with a particular theme like this. I'd be careful about food items in the cache though.

Seems like someone faced with local caches that are not dog friendly, bike friendly, whining child friendly, stroller friendly, wheelchair friendly, or whatever would want to do something like this to raise awareness.

I like the idea, and I know my girlfriend and I would definitely visit if it were in our area - both of us have pretty young dogs that enjoy toys. Its too bad I can't take my dog out in the woods, since he'd chase any moving thing that was out there... icon_smile.gif

A couple of suggestions though: 1) no food items, since many wild animals would happily eat dog food/treats if they were left out in the woods, and 2) no trading of old toys. I'd hate to see a cache set out with a bunch of brand new toys turn into a a box full of chewed up rubber and fuzz.

I like the idea, and I know my girlfriend and I would definitely visit if it were in our area - both of us have pretty young dogs that enjoy toys. Its too bad I can't take my dog out in the woods, since he'd chase any moving thing that was out there... icon_smile.gif

A couple of suggestions though: 1) no food items, since many wild animals would happily eat dog food/treats if they were left out in the woods, and 2) no trading of old toys. I'd hate to see a cache set out with a bunch of brand new toys turn into a a box full of chewed up rubber and fuzz.

There is also a dog themed cache here, also in an off-leash dog park--I think it's a great idea to have caches themed after where they're located--dog toys in a dog park, fishing stuff near a lake, bags full of money in a park near the Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank (okay, I guess not the last one, but I can try, can't I?). 15T

www.1800goguard.com

I voted yes and would also like to see poeple mention on their cache pages whether the area allows dogs. OFten, I've been to parks where they're not allowed, didn't know that until I got there and had to leave mine in the car with my wife. (Hmm. Don't recall them saying anything about spouses though.)

alan