Need Amador County, California Benchmarks

Butano

As everyone has probably noticed, the NGS benchmark sight is still down. I am visiting family this weekend and would like to hit a couple of benchmarks while I am there. But I can't get the datasheets. Does anyone have the archive file, or even better a GPX file for Amador county in California?

Thanks for the help!

wanted to say hi from Amador County native (I don't live there any more though) and sorry I can't help you. LOL!

I had noticed that you have posted a few finds up that way, even near where I am going (Ione even :D ) I am about the only one who hunts the benchmarks out of the five of us geocachers who will be up there. Wonder if that would count as a mini event.

In Lieu of the NGS site which is currently having server problems, it seems to me that there may be a work around. I cannot say for sure as I prefer to use the old paper technology method datasheet from NGS and have no way to test this theory...

Anyhow, on the Geocaching Benchmark nearest mark search page, after you perform a zip code or coordinate search, there is a button there that says, "download all results to *.loc". Will this list that is downloaded from the geocaching website's database work in lieu of downloading from the NGS site, for those who use Palm pilots and such? If anyone knows whether or not this method will serve as a work around until NGS has resolved their server probs, please weigh in on that. At least it will keep you going in the interim.

If it will work it seems the appropriate zip codes for places inside Amador, or any other county will get you where you need to go.

Rob