Garmin Legend Software

bjacob

I have a Garmin Legend and the Map Source software. Map Source does not seem to support importing .LOC or .gpx files. Does anyone know if there is any software that would allow me to donwload waypoint files to my Legend or import them into the Map Source gdb file so that I could use Map Source to download to my Legend?

Thanks!

Edited by bjacob
Note that the current version of MapSource will handle .gpx files. I'm running MapSource 6.5 beta which is available for free download from Garmin's site.

I tried dragging a dropping (zipped) .gpx files into MapSource 6.5 with no luck. I haven't fiddled with it yet (still rosining up my bow) but I have no trouble dragging and dropping those files into GSAK. Do I have to unzip them first?

Note that the current version of MapSource will handle .gpx files.  I'm running MapSource 6.5 beta which is available for free download from Garmin's site.

I tried dragging a dropping (zipped) .gpx files into MapSource 6.5 with no luck. I haven't fiddled with it yet (still rosining up my bow) but I have no trouble dragging and dropping those files into GSAK. Do I have to unzip them first?

I am not sure but I would think you would have to unzip them first. I have not tried it yet. Been messing around with waypoints.

You open MapSource, click FILE and then OPEN, and then click the drop-down arrow for "FILES OF TYPE" and select "GPS eXchange Format (*.gpx)". Then browse to the file location.

If the Pocket Queries are sent to you in a .zip file (I've never done a pocket query - so I dunno - somebody mentioned a .zip file earlier), then the .gpx file will need to be extracted first. The new feature is support for .GPX files - not .ZIP files.

Note that the current version of MapSource will handle .gpx files. I'm running MapSource 6.5 beta which is available for free download from Garmin's site.

I have a gpsmap76s and do not have any software with it. Do I have to buy mapsource or is there a free download? Could only find free upgrade.

to back up, I am looking to download waypoints to my gps. I have been looking through the threads and this seems the most promissing.

I'm pretty sure, you can just install the upgrade and you will get the full program.

If you Geocache, GSAK is the best program from managing waypoints.

What do you do, download waypoints from geocaching.com to software and then from software to gps?

Basically yes. Ideally you have bulk waypoints Pocket Queries delivered to you from Geocaching.com, a feature of premium membership. GSAK will take those in, you can then sort / filter in GSAK, which will also talk to your GPS and send them to it.