Wa Coins In Caches

Allanon

I started showing a picture of the coins on my cache page, so people will know it contains a coin, without having to read the notes and logs. I'll also do that if someone drops a coin into one of my other caches. Example: Chumstick Mountain. Then I'll remove the image as soon as someone picks up the coin.

I put one out today...Cherry Lake Falls...tough bushwack to cache location so I put in one of my WA geocoins. What I did was to boldface the text stating that fact.

I got mine yesterday and put out a couple today.

Shards of Narsil

A shameless plug for one of my micros. And this one in the same area:

Garrison View

I like planting some in the area I cache, even though I've done them before. Kind of keeps things fresh around here. We don't have a bunch of active cachers, so we rely on the goodness of visiting cachers for many of our finds. It's kind of fun going back and reading the logs of people who find geocoins. These things really blow there minds, and I think the amazing WA coin is going to outdo them all.

Thanks to everyone that put in the hard work putting this thing together. Truly one of the best coins I've seen :mad:

EGH, that's a great area to explore. I hiked into Cherry Lake when I was a teen and camped out overnight. Remember it was a nasty bushwack and hot as hell. We didn't have a tent and the mosquitoes were so bad that we hardly slept. There are some nice native cutts in there. I was going to place a cache at Drunken Charlie a few weeks ago that is nearby. I have some new raingear I'd like to try out, maybe I'll head up that way tomorrow and relive an old nightmare....I mean memory!...:D

EGH, that's a great area to explore. I hiked into Cherry Lake when I was a teen and camped out overnight. Remember it was a nasty bushwack and hot as hell. We didn't have a tent and the mosquitoes were so bad that we hardly slept. There are some nice native cutts in there. I was going to place a cache at Drunken Charlie a few weeks ago that is nearby. I have some new raingear I'd like to try out, maybe I'll head up that way tomorrow and relive an old nightmare....I mean memory!...:D

Did you ever fish Drunken Charlie...I've heard some big trout are in there. Any size to the fish in cherry?

Did you ever fish Drunken  Charlie...I've heard some big trout are in there. Any size to the fish in cherry?

I've fished Drunken Charlie, but nothing to brag about in size. About 12 inches was the max size. Same with Cherry Lake. Lots of small 6-10 inchers. It's been about 30 years since I've been into Cherry Lake, so that may have changed. I spent all my summers at Cedar Ponds through my teen years and there are some excellent creek, ponds and lakes all through that area that see very little fishing activety. Many of the roads are gated now, so a mountain bike is a good option to get around. It's great so many new caches are being placed around there. I have a few good spots in mind, so keep a watch for those.

I did EGH's new Cherry Lake Falls cache yesterday and what a great hike and cache. I'm going to be sore for days I think. That was definately one that will be on my top 5 list for a long time. I tried to log the WA Geocoin that I grabbed and I keep getting a runtime server error on the WSGA site. Has anyone logged a coin yet? The coin is activated.

I did EGH's new Cherry Lake Falls cache yesterday and what a great hike and cache. I'm going to be sore for days I think. That was definately one that will be on my top 5 list for a long time. I tried to log the WA Geocoin that I grabbed and I keep getting a runtime server error on the WSGA site. Has anyone logged a coin yet? The coin is activated.

I've also had trouble logging the coin I grabbed from GO West's cache last week. I notified Bob and he was looking into it. Sounds like there is still a problem.

I did EGH's new Cherry Lake Falls cache yesterday and what a great hike and cache.  I'm going to be sore for days I think.  That was definately one that will be on my top 5 list for a long time.  I tried to log the WA Geocoin that I grabbed and I keep getting a runtime server error on the WSGA site.  Has anyone logged a coin yet?  The coin is activated.

I've also had trouble logging the coin I grabbed from GO West's cache last week. I notified Bob and he was looking into it. Sounds like there is still a problem.

I tried logging the coin I traded for the ohter day...got errors too so there must a bug of some sort.

I did a tough hike today...Dirty harry's peak. Over 3300 ft elevation gain and the last bit is quite steep!

Thus an ammo box was stashed up there at a viewpoint and here is the link which will work once the cache is approved (Dirty Harry's Box):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...db-c1211e6d6290

Anyhow, WA geocoin 383 is in the box for the first finder.

That looks like a good one EGH. It is incredible we have NO snowpack!....I've been up to 4,000 ft this past week and other than a few creek draws there is zero snow. It's actually been fantastic hiking time right now with few people in the mountains. Get out and enjoy it while you can. We are going to be in serious water trouble this summer if the snowpack doesn't start up soon. It can pile up in a hurry though, so it's not time to panic yet. I dropped off Peppers WA geocoin in this cache. Pepper you didn't activate it btw. Mohawk Mine and Falls

Could you please explain why you would post a cache on another site and not here on GC?.....I see letterboxing sites, and alternative sites and see many of those caches going unfound for months. So why would you go to another site? Why not list on all the sites? I recently placed a geocache at Mineral City and see there is another cache about a mile up the valley listed on another site. No finds. So do people get so #$%^ off at geocaching.com and decide they are going to be rebels and post somewhere else? Isn't the idea to share these places with other cachers?...Maybe I"m missing something.