any ideas on hiding places for cashe's?

Guest garyc

Guest Richard Amirault

I don't know what you mean by "rural area", but I'll give a few suggestions.

In a wooded area: under a fallen tree, or in an uprooted stump, or in the 'hollow' of a live tree.

In a rocky area: in the "nooks and crannies" that are sometimes there. If there are any loose rocks you can use one to cover the cache (either partially, or fully)

A stone wall (plenty here in New England) usually has many possible hiding spots.

You *could* dig a hole, put the cache inside then cover it with a rock or leaves or grass ... just don't cover it with dirt (we don't want folks digging up the ground looking for a cache.

Richard in Boston

Guest Nostromo

My first cache was in the rotten end of a standing tree. Just cleared out a spot, shoved in the tupperware container and covered it back up.

Next cache I just covered with leaves behind a stump, then put a few sticks to weigh down the leaves.

I just placed a cache in a hollow between two rocks, and did the leaf/twig trick again.

You could also pile up stones, or sticks, put cache under a bramble, etc.

My sites have been in heavily traveled areas. When I go to a remote spot, I'll just walk way off (out of sight of) the trail and put it behind a tree.