I doubt it but........

Guest CarpeDiem

Guest CarpeDiem

I live in the langley cloverdale area british columbia i was able to find a Garmin gps II plus in a pawn shop for cheap couldn't pass it up i am a brand new cacher never been on a hunt yet. I look at the screen of my unit and its all greek to me is there anyone in my area that would show me the ropes in this game like i said i doubt anyone will have the time but you miss 100 percent of the shots you dont take.

D

Guest PneumaticDeath

You might try posting in the Canada section of the forums if you're looking for a geocaching buddy.

I've never seen a Garmin II+, but there are manuals available for most garmin products at their website. Maybe the manual for a similar model will tell you how to operate the unit.

Really, the game is pretty simple. Find a cache near where you live (the GPS receiver will give you co-ordinates to type into the search engine), put new waypoints of caches your interested in into the unit, and tell it to lead you there. Of course, doing a little map prep can help you avoid some pitfalls, and I think that figuring out the plan of attack is part of the fun.

Best of luck,

-- Mitch