Thank You

bumblingbs

OK, so I went to get a cache and everything possible went wrong. And when I posted what went wrong, there were a few responses like "have enough sense to keep your personal problems private".

But I have to say, overwhelmingly and via personal e-mail, I have gotten exactly the support I wanted and needed. I am astonished by some of the people who have written to me, and I am grateful beyond belief.

I had an idea that the only way I could achieve vindication and purification was to go back and get the cache in question. I called the cache owner, who was kind and patient, and while we agreed that I had extensive hiking experience, I had little snow experience, and I couldn't "read" the mountain or be safe. He said, don't go. So, I didn't go. I won't.

I want to say that I appreciate that sensible advice, I accept it, and I love everyone who has offered me support.

I would say good-bye, but I have such a darned big mouth, you never know when I'll show up again. It has been very painful, but has felt like something I needed to do, to archive my caches and go away.

Sorry, but I had a horrific experience, which is too bad because I loved caching. It was so sorry to watch my son pick up my Larry Scott trail cache today. It took me weeks, maybe months, to figure out where to put it and what was OK. And he LOVED looking for it. Now it's gone, as am I.

Thanks, friends, and good-bye!

KB

OK, so I went to get a cache and everything possible went wrong. And when I posted what went wrong, there were a few responses like "have enough sense to keep your personal problems private".

But I have to say, overwhelmingly and via personal e-mail, I have gotten exactly the support I wanted and needed. I am astonished by some of the people who have written to me, and I am grateful beyond belief.

I had an idea that the only way I could achieve vindication and purification was to go back and get the cache in question. I called the cache owner, who was kind and patient, and while we agreed that I had extensive hiking experience, I had little snow experience, and I couldn't "read" the mountain or be safe. He said, don't go. So, I didn't go. I won't.

I want to say that I appreciate that sensible advice, I accept it, and I love everyone who has offered me support.

I would say good-bye, but I have such a darned big mouth, you never know when I'll show up again. It has been very painful, but has felt like something I needed to do, to archive my caches and go away.

Sorry, but I had a horrific experience, which is too bad because I loved caching. It was so sorry to watch my son pick up my Larry Scott trail cache today. It took me weeks, maybe months, to figure out where to put it and what was OK. And he LOVED looking for it. Now it's gone, as am I.

Thanks, friends, and good-bye!

KB

:mad:

Edited to say,yes, I do have an incredibly big mouth. I also think geocaching is great. And the people who have contacted me privately have been beyond great. It's a real nice community of human beings. And I WILL shut up and go away now. Even if I'm giggling as I go.

Thanks, will miss you.

Edited by bumblingbs