How To Get Sticky Stuff Off Of Bottles?

fly46

OK, i bought a water bottle and the store where i got it from applied their own clear super sticky label on it, it left a total residue on it. i don't want use use goo off as it's super toxic plus my mom used it once on plastic and it ruined the plastic and it looked horrible. any more natural ideas that won't leave it all scratched up either?

\

Eucalyptus oil is brillant for removing sticker glue. Organic, can also be used as a decongestant inhalant when you have the lurgy.

OK, i bought a water bottle and the store where i got it from applied their own clear super sticky label on it, it left a total residue on it. i don't want use use goo off as it's super toxic plus my mom used it once on plastic and it ruined the plastic and it looked horrible. any more natural ideas that won't leave it all scratched up either?

Toluene and xylene vapor, if inhaled or otherwise exposed to in large quantities, might eventually cause you some harm, but in the quantities that you will be using, it is totally harmless. Just don't huff the stuff and you will be fine. They are highly volitile... there will be no toluene and xylene residue left on the container when you're finished. If you are concerned, use it outdoors, and certainly lock it up if you have kids around, just as you would lock up your toilet bowl cleaner and bleach, both of which are also highly toxic.

By the way, both toluene and xylene are almost certainly ingredients in other products you have around the home. Respect them, but don't fear them.

Heat - hit it with a hair dryer on high for a minute or two before peeling the label off. Then rubbing alcohol and elbow grease after hitting the residue with more heat.

I recommend using the highest setting and keeping it on the same spot for at least 10 minutes, or until the plastic bottle becomes a gooey mess. Then throw it away and go out and get a lock-n-lock or an ammo can for the cache.

jpg-1.jpg

Heat - hit it with a hair dryer on high for a minute or two before peeling the label off. Then rubbing alcohol and elbow grease after hitting the residue with more heat.

I recommend using the highest setting and keeping it on the same spot for at least 10 minutes, or until the plastic bottle becomes a gooey mess. Then throw it away and go out and get a lock-n-lock or an ammo can for the cache.

jpg-1.jpg

Cute cat.