"EasyGPS" Question

bluerock5

Can't speak for the Meriplat, but the other units I have used don't erase waypoints when you upload new sets, they append. On the other hand, uploading new _maps_ erases the old maps on the device.

If you want to install only those waypoints you have in a file, you need to erase all the waypoints off the device using the devices menus before uploading new waypoints.

-E

--

N35°32.981 W98°34.631

If you want to clear all your waypoints at once

hit menu key, hilite setup, hit enter

hilite memory, hit enter

hilite wpts/routes, hit enter

hilite yes, hit enter.

If you want to just clear 1 or 2 waypoints go to page 43 on your meridian cd disc and you'll find the instructions there

hope this helps

All who look are not lost

quote:
Originally posted by bluerock5:

Using EasyGPS I can upload and download, but how do I get rid of waypoints on my meriplat. I've tried "receiving from my Platinum and then eliminating the ones I don't want and then send those, but it only adds to the number I have on my Plat. Thanks"

Magellan GPS users can delete the waypoints in their GPS units by choosing Delete/All Waypoints on the GPS menu in PanTerra or ExpertGPS. This feature is not available in EasyGPS.

--

Dan Foster

TopoGrafix: GPS Software, Waypoints, and Maps

http://www.topografix.com/

Oooooo. Sneaky little devil, you! I was wondering why I couldn't do something like that. That is a good premium feature.

Now, if you could just get ExpertGPS or Panterra to do was GeoBuddy does: merge separate loc files into one.

Or here's another feature: just click a "Sync" or something like that. It would take all the waypoints from the GPS and from the current loc file, merge them into one and delete oldest version of duplicates (either dup names or dup coordinates) and load the resulting file up to the GPS.

THAT I would pay good money for.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

[This message was edited by Markwell on June 04, 2002 at 01:34 PM.]

Here's a trick that works in EasyGPS. May work in ExpertGPS too.

Open the two LOC files you would like to merge. Open the first one, then the second without closing the first.

On the menu bar, select Window>Tile. You'll now see your two open files.

Click on a waypoint in the window you want to copy from. Then from the menu bar select Edit>Select All. (this will highlight the whole list). Click on the highlighted list and drag it into the other window.

It will copy all those waypoints over to the other LOC file. Hit save and you've now saved the merged set.

Taadaa...

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Oooooo. Sneaky little devil, you! I was wondering why I couldn't do something like that. That is a good premium feature.

Now, if you could just get ExpertGPS or Panterra to do was GeoBuddy does: merge separate loc files into one.

Or here's another feature: just click a "Sync" or something like that. It would take all the waypoints from the GPS and from the current loc file, merge them into one and delete oldest version of duplicates (either dup names or dup coordinates) and load the resulting file up to the GPS.

THAT I would pay good money for.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544/myhomepage/Geocaching/markwellcachemain.htm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chicago_geocachers

[This message was edited by Markwell on June 04, 2002 at 01:34 PM.]