Anybody Up For Christmas Drinkies?

Alibags

After various people saying 'meet you for drinks at some point' to me recently, I thought I would propose a time and a place to organise Christmas drinkies. And then of course it was suggested that this becomes An Event (note capitalisation).

I am happy to put this together and will rope in local volunteers (you know who you are!) if people are interested.

After the fabulous time I had at the Halloween Monster Cache Bash, I should point out that this will be more informal than that, and there will not be accommodation available. A brilliant event like that takes a bit more to put togther than we have available before Christmas, but that's not reason to not do something.

I am going to sus out a suitable pub in Berkhamsted because (a) there are lots of nearby caches (:blink: there is decent public transport © there are lots of places to eat but mostly (d) because that's where I live! :blink:

Please respond here, or email me directly if you would be interested.

(just seen what the formatting has done to my numbered list. Think I will just leave the accidental smilies as is to confuse you all!)

Edited by Alibags

UPDATE - I have thought of a suitable pub. Will go in there later to sort it out. I aim to have the event up on the website by the end of the week - assuming that is that it gets approved.

Paul, Dan etc, you can always get the number 500 bus back to Aylesbury and have a drinky or two. If anybody doesn't mind freezing their bits off, I can accommodate 2 in my caravan (parked outside my house) and if there are really good, I guess I could trail a power lead over there and then they could have a heater!! Would have to be good friends though, as it's SMALL!!

<_<

Well done Ali :o

A great night was had by all, and we are in great respect you organised such a fantastic get together, bearing in mind it being the weekend before Christmas etc.

We can only imagine the stress in hosting an event, will people come, what if they dont, and wish we were brave enough to host one of our own as every meet we go to seems to be better than the last.

Although you have not been caching that long, your event and your caches have all been fun.

May I thank the "Secret Santa" that bought the Spongebob square pants tin of sweets as Ollie Jnr's had a bag each which made up (For them) the fact they could't come!

Look forward to seeing you again in the future.....

Here's till next time!

I had a blast meeting Bekandian, herts_skips, Bob Smith (thanks for the drink mate - that's one I owe you) The Fondue Fanciers and so many others. Plus meeting up with the Beer Monster who is usually Peter of the House of Boo and his long suffering girlfriend, the lovely Jo, plus Ali herself, Pid, The Ollies, John (no hat on show though) Happy Hippo (aka Alan) and so many more. A really good laugh in the UKs warmest pub while it rained like a bar steward outside. And last, but not least, I got a Jeeeeeeep! <_<

Thanks again to Ali and her Christmas Helpers for putting the do together, and several local cachers who placed caches in the area to start on the day of the event.

Cheers!

SP

Sounds like you all had a great evening, I'm still stuck in the Keilder Forest working!!! (Have a chance to do a few caches this week and have a 4x4 to drive to them) :P

Reading through the replies, HoB arrived early? :lol: Pharisee, had no hat :(:P , Pid wasn't sick :P:P:o !!!!

Blimey, what next, the "Bugs" are driving a Ford Focus!!

Sorry, very boring up here in the forest <_<<_<

Regards to all, Hope you have a GREAT CHISTMAS <_<:angry:

Nick