April 16th, 2005 Official CITO Day

MissJenn

Groundspeak is sponsoring the Third Annual International Cache In Trash Out Day on April 16th, 2005.

Cache In Trash Out Day is an opportunity for geocachers to help clean up the parks and other cache-friendly places throughout the world. Through the volunteer efforts of the Geocaching community, we will all help preserve the natural beauty of our outdoor resources. Together, we can make an enormous positive impact with just a little effort.

Please see the website if you would like additional info.

Third Annual International Cache In Trash Out Day

Also, feel free to ask questions here.

Let us know what you will be doing to participate.

Groundspeak is sponsoring the Third Annual International Cache In Trash Out Day on April 16th, 2005.
Cache In Trash Out Day is an opportunity for geocachers to help clean up the parks and other cache-friendly places throughout the world. Through the volunteer efforts of the Geocaching community, we will all help preserve the natural beauty of our outdoor resources. Together, we can make an enormous positive impact with just a little effort.

Please see the website if you would like additional info.

Third Annual International Cache In Trash Out Day

Also, feel free to ask questions here.

Let us know what you will be doing to participate.

Thanks for the tips from '03. I am holding a CITO 2005 event on Oahu, Hawaii.

"Ala Wai Peninsula"-GCMMWZ. It is a large breakwater made of big boulders for the boat harbour. The extent of trash is not too much but is all along it and in the water surrounding. Which is shallow. A dumpster is not far away. I will speak with the Harbour Master soon to get official approval for the event and use of the dumpster. I plan on providing the trashbags along with small bags of trailmix & arare(local-style snack) and drinks. I believe all will go well. :(

Any questions? Please contact me at fijiaog@pixi.net Buddy2 A.K.A. - Jeff

Trimble CITO Sponsorship

Trimble is proud to be supporting Cache In Trash Out Day. As part of its support for Cache In Trash Out, Trimble is offering the free use of its Adventure Planner trip planning and mapping software to all geocachers.

trimble_cito_2_anim.gif

To find out more, go to http://www.cacheintrashout.org/. The link currently provided at that URL points to this URL:

http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/cito_register.aspx?rfr=gcito

Edited by MissJenn

The map shows the great participation around the US. A few of the states not holding events have local organizations, it is sad to see that some of the organizations don't value CITO enough to hold an event in their state.

My hat is off to the many groups of cachers getting together this weekend and on upcoming weekends holding cleanup events!!! CITO is a great project and it is a very positive light shining on our sport!

My hat is off to the many groups of cachers getting together this weekend and on upcoming weekends holding cleanup events!!! CITO is a great project and it is a very positive light shining on our sport!

I'm just hosting our local CITO event for the chicks!

That's right...all the baby birds that might benifit from living in a trash free woods...

Peace to all you dudes and dudettes on this fine day, the 35th anniversary of Earth Day.

Just because CITO day was last weekend, don't lose your focus. There are still plenty of events scheduled. Or, celebrate Earth Day by picking your favorite park and cleaning out a few bags of trash this weekend. Maybe one where you've hidden a cache -- that's "your" park. Or hide a cache as part of the cleanup day. That is on my to-do list for this weekend.

If there wasn't a CITO event in your area, and you felt guilty/left out, well dadgum it, organize one for May or June. They can be scheduled at any time of the year.