Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

QUOTE (dougsmiley @ Feb 2 2006, 06:11 AM)

Wahoo, a FTF on a ISQ cache. Thanks for the great cache Lord Elwood. Where was everybody? I was all alone to grab the FTF and didn't meet anyone on the lane either! You snooze you lose, I guess.

I was outside watching deranged Lead Dog sawing up sheets of plywood. He devised this system whereby he thinks he can lay a small sheet of plywood in front of himself, hop on it from the one he was on, move that one to the front, etc. and in that way negotiate thru quuicksand-like mud fields. He's got a little blue plastic sled he says he's going to put me in and drag me. He just finished attaching 600' of polypropalene rope to a come-a-long. He says he can winch us to safety with it, if we get stuck. If he hadn't hidden the phones(when I rang up that big bill calling precious late at night) I could dial 911 and have them haul him awaay to the looney bin...

:P:D:D:D:D;):D

Star

What just happened to all of our posts from today? I don't think we were off-topic...

I could probaly pull off the FTF list in a couple hours. I'm in a good mood. Can't be geocaching all the time, so something to do indoors.

They are still there doug ... but if you are using netscape like I tend to do they sometimes "appear" to disappear ... what you have to do to "see" them is open the horrible browser that is known as IE and then you can see them all . I am not sure why this happens ... I have just noticed this problem before ....

Try it you will see what I mean .

Star

The forums seem screwy to you? Did they fall back to a backup or something? Theres about 7 or 8 posts that just disappeared.. I know not all of them were off topic...

The forums are screwy sometimes ... Like I stated above though if you open the topic in the dreaded IE browser .. all the dissapearing posts , will reappear . They just dont reappear in any other browser ... weird but true !

Star

The URL you need is the location of said picture you wish to post ... URL = www. whateverthepictureis.com.....

For instance if you right click on the picture of Patrick in his last escapades , you have the option to "view Image" ... this will give you the URL to the location of the image as well which will read something like this :

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/log/c37f0...952467933eb.jpg

you then post that in the IMG URL and you get :

c37f0e7b-0c74-4957-b2b7-f952467933eb.jpg

Hope this helps ya Miss E !!!!

Star

Edited by Team Tigger International
Hey Patrick ! Are any of your friends in this new movie ?

Eight Below

Perhaps its LeadDogs story ?

Be a great way to go Geocaching in Indiana , that is if we had a lot of snow !

Star

Lead Dog has a collection of DVD's and VHS's of every movie ever made that he can find on sled dogs--about three feet long--I have to wait til they go to video or come to the drive-in...

By the way, did you know we're getting a bunch of ISQ found it logs from

CCCooper Agency

Just coming in now...

We've hit the BigTime!!

Here's an interesting log I came across today while checking the status of the caches near the '06 Spring Picnic:

[:o]January 16 by TEAM RETRIEVER (53 found)

Started out this morning with a plan to find the remaining 16 caches in the Dead End series that I needed (already found 16 thru 21). My brother, "He Dog", thought it sounded like fun, so he tagged along. Started with the newest, number 22 ("He Dog" got his first FTF), and then hit 1 thru 15 in order. Found all of them except numbers 12 and 13 (see my post on those cache pages).

Thanks so much for this entire series, Trickworm! I've explored so many areas of the reservoirs that I never knew existed. Too bad so many losers have to litter on all of these dead ends. Maybe us Huntington area cachers should plan a C.I.T.O. event! LOL!

Captain Retriever

TEAM RETRIEVER

Are you volunteering, Captain? Thanks, that's GREAT. I'll be willing to help you with it, if you want! Where did you have in mind for the site? HAC --Huntington Area Cachers--is that a group I should know about, or is it a secret Caching Fraternity like Pinetrails' BAGO (Bippus Area Geocachers Org.)?

:o

Why did I just now see this?!!!? LOL! LeadDog, shoot me an e-mail and we'll discuss it. I'm not sure how to or where to start planning such an event.

Wahoo, a FTF on a ISQ cache. Thanks for the great cache Lord Elwood. Where was everybody? I was all alone to grab the FTF and didn't meet anyone on the lane either! You snooze you lose, I guess.

I was outside watching deranged Lead Dog sawing up sheets of plywood. He devised this system whereby he thinks he can lay a small sheet of plywood in front of himself, hop on it from the one he was on, move that one to the front, etc. and in that way negotiate thru quuicksand-like mud fields. He's got a little blue plastic sled he says he's going to put me in and drag me. He just finished attaching 600' of polypropalene rope to a come-a-long. He says he can winch us to safety with it, if we get stuck. If he hadn't hidden the phones(when I rang up that big bill calling precious late at night) :o I could dial 911 and have them haul him awaay to the looney bin... :o

Maybe this is the answer?

robot01.jpg

Wulf

I was outside watching deranged Lead Dog sawing up sheets of plywood. He devised this system whereby he thinks he can lay a small sheet of plywood in front of himself, hop on it from the one he was on, move that one to the front, etc. and in that way negotiate thru quuicksand-like mud fields. He's got a little blue plastic sled he says he's going to put me in and drag me. He just finished attaching 600' of polypropalene rope to a come-a-long. He says he can winch us to safety with it, if we get stuck. If he hadn't hidden the phones(when I rang up that big bill calling precious late at night) :o I could dial 911 and have them haul him awaay to the looney bin... :o

robot01.jpg

Wulf

That thing looks like it would sink like a lead balloon--plus the little wheels would get all mucked up in the mud... Oh, the Humanity! Oh, the depths that perverted Lead Dog will sink to grab a GEOCACHE in INDIANA. He's planning to go out again this a.m and it's RAINING!!!!

I was outside watching deranged Lead Dog sawing up sheets of plywood. He devised this system whereby he thinks he can lay a small sheet of plywood in front of himself, hop on it from the one he was on, move that one to the front, etc. and in that way negotiate thru quuicksand-like mud fields. He's got a little blue plastic sled he says he's going to put me in and drag me. He just finished attaching 600' of polypropalene rope to a come-a-long. He says he can winch us to safety with it, if we get stuck. If he hadn't hidden the phones(when I rang up that big bill calling precious late at night) :o I could dial 911 and have them haul him awaay to the looney bin... ;)

Wulf

That thing looks like it would sink like a lead balloon--plus the little wheels would get all mucked up in the mud... Oh, the Humanity! Oh, the depths that perverted Lead Dog will sink to grab a GEOCACHE in INDIANA. He's planning to go out again this a.m and it's RAINING!!!!

ahhhh my poor poor Patrick .... I am just glad that Star has a bit more sense then that ..its when she leaves me alone with Awsome Ev that I get scared ....

Now that Ev .. she is up for almost anything ! Star sometimes goes along with her I think just to humor her ... but on those occasaions they thankfully leave me outa it !

Keep yer strength up :mad: Patrick :o darling , sometimes it tough when ya gotta look after yer humans !!

Edited by ~Mystery Dog~

501_Gang will be celebrating their one year caching anniversary on 2/5 and have a whopping 580 finds in one year to show for it! Good job, you guys (I don't care what anyone else says! :o ). :o

One of these days I'll get over to Michigan City and start finding some of your hides. Oh wait, that one ISQ is fairly close. . .maybe that should be my first ISQ find!

I like your new avatar pic, Precious. Are you doing something different with your hair? :lol: (PS: I found two INDIANA GEOCACHES today.

:wacko::lol: No my darling I am not doing anything different with my hair... this is just a picture of my relaxed look that Wulf took then he cut out the stuff in the background like the couch I was laying on !

I am so glad you like the pic though , Wulf thought I needed a change in avatar once in awhile ! *he keeps looking for a bun costume to make me wear though *

I think I am working on getting Wulf and Star to take me to the Indiana Geocachers' spring picnic ... we shall see.....

I would like to take the time to mention what an absolutely wonderful and generous , and sneaky man that BlueGillFisherman is ... that sweetheart went and managed to get ahold of this and he sent it to ME ME ME !!!!

Awsome Ev took some pictures of me wearing it .. I think she sent them to BGF !

1.jpg

0.jpg

I would also like to say a BIG thank you to Lemon Fresh Dog for letting go of one of these very special geobones for me and Team Tigger International ( my personal humans for those that didn't know it )

Fantastic People are Indiana Geocachers ... and Canadian Cachers To !!!

FYI...

One of my micro caches was LeadDog's 499th find!!!! Where ya going to pick up 500 Dog????

Maybe he's waiting to come to Canada to find one of our caches?

Wulf

Oddly enuff, I did pick up a sixpack of cheep Mexican (Not Canadian) Beer to celebrate with, but it was to cold this a.m. to drink Beer...

Good Job Sixdog Team and Buddaman for both hitting #500 today.

Caching in this brrrrrr.... cold Indiana weather. Talk about diehards!

:blink::):D:D:P:):DB)B):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks :D:D it was cold out there but Put on a pair of Carhartts and your good to go.also congrats to Lead Dog, I was there for his #300 and now we were both there for #500

Your left side bar is longer than your post.

Why do you think he's so popular?

Is that something I should see a chiropractor about?

Good caching day for me today. I hit the new P.P.S.S #9 over by work after checking it out last night on the way home. Night time is definitely the best time to hit that cache, very cool. And, I found A Tribute to BadMajec! Needless to say, all of the people exiting I-465 onto 71st St. saw my touchdown dance. That one has been taunting me for a while now.

BikiniBottomFeeders and I are working on an Indiana Micro Geocoin that will be trackable thru geocaching.com with it's own unique icon. See this thread for more info. Indiana Micro Geocoin

We want to make sure all Indiana Geocachers get a chance at this affordable geocoin. Price is not firm yet as it depends on amout of orders. Probably between $5.00- 6.00 plus shipping.

KENTUCKIANA MEET AND GREET**** For anyone coming to the EVENT this Saturday in Clarksville please note that the location had to be changed. It seems that the freezers went out at Hometown Buffet. The EVENT is now at Golden Corral, about 1/2 mile away. The EVENT page reflects the new cords.

N 38° 19.129 W 085° 45.368

Should be a fun time. WCNut and JPlus14 have put some routes together. If you have never been in the area before you can grab a mess of caches.

Deermark

INDIANA SPIRIT QUEST UPDATE FROM HQ IN MAKIN, INDIANA:

1,049 Geocaching accounts have logged 12,397 smilies on 454 ISQ caches, and 130 accounts have claimed FTF's.

The top of the Leaderboard:

1 SWEETIE PIE 275

2 PRAIRIE PARTNERS 226

3 LOS XILE 221

4 BUDDAMAN 204

5 J PLUS 14 188

6 TEAM TIGGER INTERNATIONAL 176

7 4DAMFAM 175

8 WOLVERINE WARRIERS 167

9 BLUEGILLFISHERMAN 160

10 DEERMARK 148

11 WILLIAMSFAMGC 144

12 ITZME 142

13 HUTT 141

14 KIDCRAZY 128

15 KRISNJOE 125

16 ONE ANGEL & FAMILY 125

17 TWO NUT CACHES 125

18 TRICKWORM 122

19 PHOTOBUG2 121

20 HOLEN1 117

21 INDYMAGICMAN 117

22 JUST MEE 116

23 LOLOLOCO 109

24 AWSOME EV 108

25 DOOBIES 101

26 OLDTIMERS 100

27 DAGGY 95

28 PHAROAH'S MAN & EAGLE EYE 89

29 CACHECOMMANDO 81

30 N9TDC 79

31 LOS LACOS 78

32 BARNABY JONES 77

33 SASSYKAT 76

34 ANGLEYES_1224 75

35 TEAM SHYDOG 75

36 TEAM RAMFIRE 74

37 AUNTIE NYE 72

38 3_9_ER BEARS 71

39 SANDVB 66

40 THE TAPPS 64

41 BJORN74 62

42 GIRLGEEK 59

43 PINESTRAIL 59

44 501_GANG 58

45 VIRTUAL MOORE 58

46 BBSURVEYORS 57

47 DLIMING 56

48 RUPERT 2 56

49 WISHBONE86 54

50 A KID AT HEART 53

I did not go geocaching seeking in Indiana today, but I did go geocaching hiding! Four new caches hidden! (501_Gang take note!)

Thanks Hide & Seekers... :cool: .. Will be heading out tomorrow after the wife gets off work so hopefully they will be live by then.

Lead Dog and I are ready for a few more around here.!!!

We've had a flurry of new caches in South Bend/Mishawaka area lately, but overall, I think all you folks south of us of more active -- hiding and seeking!

PS: Three of four new caches approved! I needed some snow to cover my tracks on the fourth one, which we got last night. I'm guessing that one will go active soon now. :anicute:

I was FTF on a Trickworm Dead End cache this morning. I expected to meet Team Retreiver and Abby there but they were no shows... 17 degrees and snow on the ground. Nice two-mile hike, the kind I like!!! :anicute:

Hey Wulf, does Canada have a Vice President, or is it a KING or what? Do they allow their VP to go around with a shotgun and plug people in the face?

HAPPY ABE LINCOLN'S BIRTHDAY!!