Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Speaking of awesome photography...

2qwerqE has posted a number of photos of wild mushrooms found while hiking to caches.

Very cool pictures and information about wild mushrooms in cache logs.

2qwerqE Profile

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=86...34-dc49a28028d6

I love wild mushrooms, and they have done a very good job of documenting and educating.

Thanks

Speaking of awesome photography...

2qwerqE has posted a number of photos of wild mushrooms found while hiking to caches.

Very cool pictures and information about wild mushrooms in cache logs.

2qwerqE Profile

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=86...34-dc49a28028d6

I love wild mushrooms, and they have done a very good job of documenting and educating.

Thanks

Going a little sideways on this one....

There's talk about an Ontario geocoin and opinions are being asked about what to put on it. I thought maybe we needed to see what 'outsiders' think of when they think of Ontario.

Wulf

Apart from 11 months of winter? :rolleyes:

Seriously, one of my favourite road trips ever was a trip around Lake Superior, taking the Trans-Canadian highway from Sault Ste. Marie through Thunder Bay into Minnesota. It was definitely a great experience to see the extreme rural areas of Ontario. Of course, the southern region from Windsor to the Quebec border is also very nice as well.

Anyway, since Ontario uses the motto "Sportsman's Paradise", plus the affinity of putting wildlife onto Canadian coins, I would recommend working off of that theme. Just my 1/50th of a Loonie. :blink:

Going a little sideways on this one....

There's talk about an Ontario geocoin and opinions are being asked about what to put on it. I thought maybe we needed to see what 'outsiders' think of when they think of Ontario.

Wulf

Here's all I remember from a very impulsive "Road trip" myself and college roommates made to Ontario the summer of 1983 or '84...

1. CN Tower (Toronto and Lake by Moonlight-very late at night)

2. Canadian side of Niagra Falls

3. FISHING...

I'd like to send out a welcome to 501 Gang and Awsome Ev for joining the motley group of ISQ hiders!

Indiana Spirit Quest #398: Railroaded

by 501_Gang

and

Indiana Spirit Quest # 397 Rev. Dominic Duehmig

by Awsome Ev

Ditto. Both of these new caches have some really good research on the cache pages... :D

Well Done!!!! Welcome to "the crew"! So when is the initiation???? :D Can I bring the chocolate syrup??...PLEASE!! ... The feathers got caught in my teeth the last time :D

As near as I can recollect, it was standard stickoflage--why, did you find something else? Did a cow leave a deposit or something? I'm not responsible for that. :lol:

Well, I guess there was one cow that was mad since they couldn't sign the log. :lol: At least the present wasn't fresh.... :lol:

Edited by Wishbone86

I received this email this morning from a Veteran. This is not one of my ISQ's but it is the gravesite of a War of 1812 Veteran, very near the Brown County State Park.

Hoosier_Locator found Crouch Cemetery (Traditional Cache) at 11/11/2005

Log Date: 11/11/2005

Since I'm a Veteran and I'm at a Veteran's grave on Veteran's Day, couldn't have found a better cache on this special day ! TFTC/SL!

---

For my Grandfathers - WWII Navy, and WWII Marines (6th Marine Division-Iwo Jima Landing); and my father - USAF Strategic Air Command Korean War; and all Veterans ... Thank you for your service and for ALL the Freedoms my family enjoys this day. THANK YOU!

Diana

Bean Blossom Gang

WOOO HOOOOOO !!!!

Star has finally gotten the weekend off , therefore !

SATURDAY IS GEOCACHING DAY ! WARNING TO EVERYONE IN THE AREA ... STAR and AWSOME EV will be caching all day (this could be dangerous for everyone as its been awhile)! Be on the lookout for a moving SUV that seems to not know where it is going and is making sudden turns , and driving a bit to slowly (gotta watch the gps now dont we ) LOL ......

So far the plan is to head down to Patrick and LeadDog territory .. we shall see....

oh and THANK YOU ! to all the Veterans that have served our country and its people so very well !

Star of Team Tigger International !

From the World Headquarters of GEOISQ in Servia, Indiana, the weekly bulletin, as reported by Earl Patriko de la Brownspot III:

825 accounts have logged 9,742 smilies on ISQ caches.

List of One Day finders:

10/16/04 PRAIRIE PARTNERS 55

4/16/05 JPLUS14 64

5/28/05 KID CRAZY 70

5/28/05 PHAROAHS MAN & EAGLE EYE 70

05/30/05 WILLIAMS FAMGC 102

05/30/05 HOLEN1 102

05/30/05 LOLOLOCO 102

05/30/05 4DAMFAMILY 102

As you can see we have not updated this list since May, and we know there have been some major one day ISQ trips since then, so can you-all help us update this list? Thanks...

Well it's official! The 501_Gang and 3_9er_bears (mamma bear) on November 12, 2005 successfully completed 64 ISQ's in one day! Not bad for this time of year! :(

We were some caching machines! And some tired people when we finally colasped that night! Mamma Bear was told she was snoring before her head hit the pillow! :rolleyes:

So when we goin' again? :lol:

THIS IS BIG!! THIS IS NO DRILL!! LOKEE HERE:

LOOK HERE

AND HERE

:(:ph34r:

WOOO HOOOO !!!!!!

I am so glad they finally got round to making those . We have talked several times , about an ISQ -Michigan connection with the Wolverines !

At the Spring Picnic , and at the Geobash and twice at the Meet and Eats in Auburn !

Welcome aboard Wolverine Warriors ! Thank you for bringing the great state of Michigan into the fold with lots of class !

Star

that's pretty interesting.... But I have an ISQ in mind that would be "Worse than a horse thief"

well i should rephrase it... the Woman whose first husband was worse than a horse thief and sparked Lord Dunmore's War.

the only problem is that it's out by the airport and isn't likely to be approved.

oh yeah and he headstone is no longer there either also kinda puts a hamper on my grand opus..

But i do know that she was buried there, i believe Headstone hunter has a picture of what the stone was, and i have Geneaology information on the woman(my greatX8 grandmother)

plus the cemetery has 4 civil war veterans and a war of 1812 vet too...

Edited by -{LoS}-Xile
XILE, Is this the cemetery at the airport we discussed? If so I think it could be better done as an offset.

The site does present some unique challenges.

not the one between the runways, although the one i'm talking about is still only 1000-1500 feet from one of the runways...

I'm not sure how i could place it as an offset that would fit in as a spirit quest.

Hello fellow hoosiers.

Long time cacher, first time poster. ( in this section of the forum anyway )

I'm always amazed at some of the #'s some of you have found. I've been at this for a while now and have only found 84.

I've hidden three myself and have a fourth ready to go if I can just find the perfect spot for it.

QUOTE (JeepinJeff @ Nov 16 2005, 10:43 AM)

I've hidden three myself and have a fourth ready to go if I can just find the perfect spot for it. 

May I suggest under the rock at the base of the willow in our front yard?   

Leaddog, is that by the lemonaide stand?

Actually the stnd has been taken down, since it's SNOWING here. :D

Patrick has once again tried to be the center of attention by trying to be our cache dog of the week at our new cache A Doggone Good Cache!. Because Zoe-dog thinks he's really cute (and because he has more finds than us!) we allowed it, but the real cache dog is Annie the Newf whose daddy was the FTF.

I want some dog socks!!

Actually Zoe-Dog wouldn't think I'm cute if she could see me now. Lead Dog took me to the Vet today and they did a frontal lobotomy or something to me and now I look like Frankenstein's Monster. I've got a big gash in the top of my head and seven stainless staples in my skull -- at least no electrodes in my neck!! :D