Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Just some info to pass along....

Select Indiana state parks will be closed temporarily for controlled deer reductions in the coming weeks.

Two reduction efforts will take place. The first are Nov. 16 and 17. The second round is Nov. 30 and Dec.1. The participating parks will close to the general public the evening before each of the two efforts and will re-open the morning after each two-day reduction ends.

State parks participating with a reduction using firearms include Chain O'Lakes, Charlestown, Harmonie, Lincoln, Ouabache, Pokagon, Potato Creek, Prophetstown, Shades, Shakamak, Spring Mill, Tippecanoe River, Turkey Run, Versailles and Whitewater Memorial.

State parks using archery for reduction include Fort Harrison and Clifty Falls

Thank you for the Information Shydog !

Hey six dog team....we pass a cemetery on our way down to ft wayne that is yet to be claimed for a cache. It is on the corner of 427 and Union Chapel road. Between Auburn and Ft wayne. It is that white church that always has the signs PUMPKINS FOR MISSIONS. Not sure if you know where i am talking about. There is also a "pet cemetery" in auburn. Don't know if you want to do pet cemeteries either!

Hey six dog team....we pass a cemetery on our way down to ft wayne that is yet to be claimed for a cache. It is on the corner of 427 and Union Chapel road. Between Auburn and Ft wayne. It is that white church that always has the signs PUMPKINS FOR MISSIONS. Not sure if you know where i am talking about. There is also a "pet cemetery" in auburn. Don't know if you want to do pet cemeteries either!

Thanks for sharing the info but SixDogTeam is no longer in INDIANA ... he is now a Fl. Cacher .

I got a question for everyone. I know someone will probably have the answer. What are the top 10 most found caches in Indiana and how many times have each been found? If there is a query I can run or a bookmark to look at please let me know.

Thanks!

Someone did that for each state. Actually think it was the top 5 but, don't remember where the thread was. Think ours were up in the Kendallville area because of the MWGB's.

Had an events committee meeting this morning for Potawatomi Wildlife Park. Thinking of having a geocaching event this year probably June/July/August time period.

Probably a geocaching 101 event with perhaps something for the rest of us.

Mike

A great place to have an event, that is for sure. As a matter of fact, I am sitting here right now in my Potawatomi t-shirt. Just in case you don't follow events outside of the state, the Midwest Geobash is going to be August 5-7. I will be looking forward to coming up for your event.

Chris-Team Shydog

Just a not to those of you that know Big Mama D ... She was in a car accident and is mending . She broke her leg in 2 places (at the ankle , and at the knee) her shoulder and her breast bone . She is really bruised up badly , her eyes were swollen shut for a couple of days but she can now open them . She is currently in Parkview Hospital main , in Ft Wayne, room number will be given to those who ask. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers .

Star

Just a not to those of you that know Big Mama D ... She was in a car accident and is mending . She broke her leg in 2 places (at the ankle , and at the knee) her shoulder and her breast bone . She is really bruised up badly , her eyes were swollen shut for a couple of days but she can now open them . She is currently in Parkview Hospital main , in Ft Wayne, room number will be given to those who ask. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers .

Star

Thank you for the update, Star. We do not personally know, BMD, but will certainly keep her in our thoughts with best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Star

Let her know Prayers sent from Team Gunpowder

Hey check this out:

Patrick's Waterfall #3 GCKGF5

February 22 by rwalker46940 (603 found)

decided to try this one out today, since it has not been found in 3 years. at first i was hesitating to go for it or not since has not been logged since 07, some dnf's that they didn't want to show, or the water got to it. started on the trails then took shortcut through 2 revines then slid halfway down the famous "hill". got up perfectally fine then i was at the coords. i looked over and YES THERE IT IS, I DON'T F------ BELIEVE IT! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hurried over to the container which i ran through the terrain and opened it up and ahhhhhhh! the smell of the trapped dead air. container was in excellent condition along with the dry log. signed log, left a george washington, took nothing and put it back where i found it. your awsome 6 dog team. nice view of the river. once again. thanxs.

View This Log

May 25, 2007 by Are_we_there_yet? (814 found)

WOW, what a hike! What started as parking the car .27 miles from the cache, turned into a 1.5 mile extreme adventure. We almost had given up trying to find the waterfall as we missed the main trail down to them due to a monster pile of limbs that had been placed in front of the trail from the DNR cleaning up the main trails. We went down the ravine about .10 mile back and passed 3 waterfalls total, also had to manage our way around an extremely large downed tree that was lying down over the gaming trail. Found the cache and everything was soaked inside. We CITO'd the contents that were in need of being discarded, and added some swag that we had with us. What a workout.....whew!

Thanks for the cache!!!

Hey check this out:

Patrick's Waterfall #3 GCKGF5

February 22 by rwalker46940 (603 found)

decided to try this one out today, since it has not been found in 3 years. at first i was hesitating to go for it or not since has not been logged since 07, some dnf's that they didn't want to show, or the water got to it. started on the trails then took shortcut through 2 revines then slid halfway down the famous "hill". got up perfectally fine then i was at the coords. i looked over and YES THERE IT IS, I DON'T F------ BELIEVE IT! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hurried over to the container which i ran through the terrain and opened it up and ahhhhhhh! the smell of the trapped dead air. container was in excellent condition along with the dry log. signed log, left a george washington, took nothing and put it back where i found it. your awsome 6 dog team. nice view of the river. once again. thanxs.

View This Log

May 25, 2007 by Are_we_there_yet? (814 found)

WOW, what a hike! What started as parking the car .27 miles from the cache, turned into a 1.5 mile extreme adventure. We almost had given up trying to find the waterfall as we missed the main trail down to them due to a monster pile of limbs that had been placed in front of the trail from the DNR cleaning up the main trails. We went down the ravine about .10 mile back and passed 3 waterfalls total, also had to manage our way around an extremely large downed tree that was lying down over the gaming trail. Found the cache and everything was soaked inside. We CITO'd the contents that were in need of being discarded, and added some swag that we had with us. What a workout.....whew!

Thanks for the cache!!!

Nice to see that when we put something back, it stays!!!! :blink:

Congrats on the find rwalker!!!

Team Tigger is moving all operations to Canada , in May ! :surprise: , If anyone is interested in Adopting some of our caches in Indiana , please contact us . Star is going to be moving !!

Wulf is in a union and tries to move as little as possible. :ph34r:

Anyways....anyone coming to play with us at the Belle Isle event this weekend?

Sorry, my brother is home on leave from playing Soldier gonna have a party.

Team Tigger is moving all operations to Canada , in May ! :ph34r: , If anyone is interested in Adopting some of our caches in Indiana , please contact us . Star is going to be moving !!

Wulf is in a union and tries to move as little as possible. ;)

Anyways....anyone coming to play with us at the Belle Isle event this weekend?

Since I had last weekend off work for the Spring Equinox Event down at Mounds State Park, they are making me work this weekend. No events for me. :surprise:

Team Tigger is moving all operations to Canada , in May ! :D , If anyone is interested in Adopting some of our caches in Indiana , please contact us . Star is going to be moving !!

Congrats on the move! I would be happy to adopt any of you caches in the LaGrange/Noble county area.

Hello Indiana.

My wife and I have started Geocaching on Apr 1. We are in love with it. Do this date we have found 11 caches and looking forward to the next find. We are from the Elwood area of Indiana. For those that don't know, it is east of Tiption, north west of Anderson. We are already planning are first hide and we many ideal places to hide it at. We look forward to meeting some of you while caching or at events.

cachehunters46036

Hello Indiana.

My wife and I have started Geocaching on Apr 1. We are in love with it. Do this date we have found 11 caches and looking forward to the next find. We are from the Elwood area of Indiana. For those that don't know, it is east of Tiption, north west of Anderson. We are already planning are first hide and we many ideal places to hide it at. We look forward to meeting some of you while caching or at events.

cachehunters46036

Welcome to the game cachehunters46036!!! We are so glad to hear that you both enjoy caching so much. Perhaps you'll make it over to the Indiana Spring Picnic at Mississinewa in May to meet quite a few of Indiana's finest! There are several great events planned for that weekend! Hope to see you there!

Kelly & Barbie

(Are_we_there_yet?)

Thanks for the welcome. We like to attend the event but it is still up in the air if we will be able to make it. I am in the Army and I have to attend a school out of state that same week. I will return on the 14th but we like to attend. It will depend mainly if we can we get a babysitter for the time of the event. Being new, we would like to meet fellow cacher and have to change the children around, lol.

Brian & KhellaDawn

Edited by cachehunters46036

Thanks for the welcome. We like to attend the event but it is still up in the air if we will be able to make it. I am in the Army and I have to attend a school out of state that same week. I will return on the 14th but we like to attend. It will depend mainly if we can we get a babysitter for the time of the event. Being new, we would like to meet fellow cacher and have to change the children around, lol.

Brian & KhellaDawn

Just FYI... there will be LOTS of kids there... including the host's (that's us LOL). Hope you can make it!

That brings peace, lol. Our oldest, 3, loves playing with other children. I will let my wife know that as she is in bed now. Again, thanks and we look forward to meeting you all.

My next question is this. What is the going rate for the cabins there? I moved here from Louisiana back in '06 and I have never been to Mississinewa.

That brings peace, lol. Our oldest, 3, loves playing with other children. I will let my wife know that as she is in bed now. Again, thanks and we look forward to meeting you all.

My next question is this. What is the going rate for the cabins there? I moved here from Louisiana back in '06 and I have never been to Mississinewa.

Because it is on a weekend, you have to reserve the site for a total of 2 nights at $37.45 per night for a total of $74.90 for one of the cabins.

Any of y'all active down here in SW Indiana? Looks like most everyone is Indy or north.

I'm from SW Indiana. My family and I just started Geocaching about three or four weeks ago. I haven't found that many active in Sullivan County either.

Any of y'all active down here in SW Indiana? Looks like most everyone is Indy or north.

I'm from SW Indiana. My family and I just started Geocaching about three or four weeks ago. I haven't found that many active in Sullivan County either.

Hi Cagmnt,

I know what you mean. I tried to find some caches along the way on a recent trip to Indy and there wasn't much except when you are around Princeton, Vincennes or Terre Haute. You will have to hide some caches for me! There are quite a few good ones in the 5 county SW IN area here if you get down this way.

Hope you and your family have a good time caching.

HG

Hey Cagmnt and Hoosier Guy. I am originally from Southern Indiana, but live north of Indy now. We haven't done too many along 41 corridor, just enough to get caches for the 92 county challenge and the delorme challenge, but we have done several in Pike, Daviess, and Gibson Counties while on visits to see the family. We also cached along the state and county roads that follow I64 across the state, picking up several.

Hey Ginsu good to hear from you! You have gotten all 92 counties? Wow that is great. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Happy caching!

Thanks. Yeah, we did a lot of caching around the state last year for it. Most weekends we took off somewhere. We weren't watching the delorme Challenge close enough and came up a couple short for it. We added one of those recently and hope to get the last one soon. I would like to finish a couple of the others for Indiana like the historic and the virtual challenges this year, but don't know how aggressive we will be.

We are doing pretty good. Hope things are well with you too.