Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Hello! I've looked for an Indiana group, but just kept finding a website under construction!

I took up caching in September, although I've had an account for a little over a year....I just didn't have a GPS until September. I have become fast addicted. I often cache with my almost 3 year old son. He loves finding caches with prizes:) I usually leave my husband at home. He isn't outdoorsy at all!

My home base is in Kokomo. We've got a lot of caches here to keep my busy. I recognize a few of your names from some of the logs I've come across. I've recently hid a couple of my own.

I look forward to running across some fellow geocachers! I've so far only met one person.

Hello! I've looked for an Indiana group, but just kept finding a website under construction!

I took up caching in September, although I've had an account for a little over a year....I just didn't have a GPS until September. I have become fast addicted. I often cache with my almost 3 year old son. He loves finding caches with prizes:) I usually leave my husband at home. He isn't outdoorsy at all!

My home base is in Kokomo. We've got a lot of caches here to keep my busy. I recognize a few of your names from some of the logs I've come across. I've recently hid a couple of my own.

I look forward to running across some fellow geocachers! I've so far only met one person.

Welcome! There's an event this Saturday, Nov 27, in West Lafayette. Kokomo isn't that far away, if you could make a day trip out of it. You'd have a chance to meet several cachers as well as find some good caches. Check out GC2FPDD.

Also, the spring picnic is going to be at Prophetstown State Park in Lafayette in May. Another great time to meet some folks, cache, camp and generally have a good time. That listing is GC2JAW9.

Again - welcome!!

Mrs. Car54

Welcome theshows!

On the main page at www.geocaching.com, about 2/3rds of the way down is the event calendar. (it's kind of hard to find.)

There are frequently events going on in the Indianapolis area (just because it's such a large area/group of cachers.)

Tomorrow is an I Love the 80's event (hosted by yours truly), Sunday is our Geocaching Secret Santa and Monday is our monthly GIG dinner. All are open to all geocachers.

Attending an event is an awesome way to meet new cachers in the general area! I know attending your first event can be a bit intimidating, but we're a very, very friendly bunch!

How's it going everyone? I'm fairly new to geocaching and thought I would stop in to say hi. I cache around Southern Indiana, specifically the Evansville area, with a friend of mine. We call ourselves the Cache$Bros. I think I'm becoming addicted :laughing: I'd be glad to hear from anyone in the area. Take care everyone!

How's it going everyone? I'm fairly new to geocaching and thought I would stop in to say hi. I cache around Southern Indiana, specifically the Evansville area, with a friend of mine. We call ourselves the Cache$Bros. I think I'm becoming addicted :laughing: I'd be glad to hear from anyone in the area. Take care everyone!

I'm from the other corner of the State but, welcome anyways.

Welcome Cache$Bros! I'm in the Central Indiana area but you are in an active caching community. In fact, there's a trail mix happening this weekend if you'd like to get out and meet other cachers. The trail mixes are lots of fun. It's a group hike (and picking up some caches along the way too).

Again, welcome to the hobby and welcome to the forums!

Hello,

I'm new here.

Having had a GPS for a while now, I looked into geocaching a year or so ago. Never did find anyone in the Wabash area doing it.

Either I was at the wrong website, or the hobby has exploded within the last year!

Regards,

Josh

Josh, welcome to your new addiction. Contact me if you want to cache, I live in N Manchester and have been caching for 1 year.

Hello,

I'm new here.

Having had a GPS for a while now, I looked into geocaching a year or so ago. Never did find anyone in the Wabash area doing it.

Either I was at the wrong website, or the hobby has exploded within the last year!

Regards,

Josh

Well tadpole, you are not the only one that had that problem, the Goshen/Elkhart area has a lot of caches but it is very hard to find the actual cachers. We are new (110 finds) but have the addiction and the good old snow problem. Best solution is to load up caches from website and go get them, you will soon run into other cachers. Give it a shot.

Eddyandlinder

I've been caching for a number of years and very seldom have I ever encountered another geocacher out in the field. Trust me, though, there are lots and lots and lots of us!

I recommend that you attend an event. That's an excellent opportunity to meet up with others who share your passion for the hobby. It's a great chance to gain some tips and maybe even hints on those difficult hides. The event calendar is about 2/3rds of the way down on the main screen at www.geocaching.com. Look for days with Indiana (or even Michigan - you're not that far away).

If you're a premium member you can even set up a notification so that when an event is published, you'll get notification. And...the events are listed on the weekly newsletter too.

Howdy from the southern tip of US 231 in Indiana. I hope to be putting out my first cache soon.

I would have to say though I am a bit of a lone Tadpole i would guess. I go searching with both a GPS and a good old map and compass. ( Old Navigation habits die hard LOL)

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Edited by Frogman205

Hello from the First City. Had an account since Feb 2010, but only recently picked up our Garmin eTrex Legend HC. Just this past weekend was the first time out for me, my fiancee, and my 4 year old daughter - the We3JEEoPirates crew :)

You may see us out sometime, piloting our Jeep Grand Cherokee SE - 'JEEoBeast'.

Howdy from the southern tip of US 231 in Indiana. I hope to be putting out my first cache soon.

I would have to say though I am a bit of a lone Tadpole i would guess. I go searching with both a GPS and a good old map and compass. ( Old Navigation habits die hard LOL)

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Let us know when you get your cache planted! We drive that area at least once a month. Currently on 231 close to the middle of the state. :)

Hope it wasn't a cache:

Man finds suspicious object in Indy park

Updated: Tuesday, 19 Apr 2011, 12:39 PM EDT

Published : Tuesday, 19 Apr 2011, 12:39 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Indianapolis Metropolitan Police is trying to figure out who left a suspicious package at Glenn's Valley Nature Park on Bluff Road.

IMPD and Indianapolis Park Rangers responded to a call around noon on Monday that a man found a large cylinder at the park. Police say it was wrapped in camouflage duct tape and laying in the grass in front of a park building.

The man who found the cylinder told police he asked a man if the cylinder belonged to him and he quickly left the area. That's when the man decided to call police.

The IMPD bomb squad was on scene but later determined the package was not a threat to anyone.

Hello from the First City. Had an account since Feb 2010, but only recently picked up our Garmin eTrex Legend HC. Just this past weekend was the first time out for me, my fiancee, and my 4 year old daughter - the We3JEEoPirates crew :)

You may see us out sometime, piloting our Jeep Grand Cherokee SE - 'JEEoBeast'.

Ahoy Fellow Pirates! Hope ye enjoy yerselves! I used to frequent this section but rarely venture in anymore, I sail in Off Topic mostly.

I am looking for some great Caches to show my Dad for Fathers Day. He is curious as to what we do and I just wanted to show him some fun. We are going from Kokomo to Fishers for lunch.

I would appreciate any ideas!

Thanks and good luck caching!

5harmon :anicute:

Just peeking in to check out the forums. My husband and I began our caching adventure earlier this spring as TwoWulfsHunt. I'd wanted to try Geocaching for years, but never had the chance until recently. We're based just outside of Indy and are curious if there are any official geocaching groups/clubs in the Central IN area. Does anyone have any info regarding such? There seem to be plenty of caches...

:D

Thanks!

Stray of TwoWulfsHunt

I am coming up from Nashville back to where I grew up in South Bend, IN... I'm carrying a couple of extra-large travel bugs, and I am looking for some acceptable caches to place them in somewhere in Indiana along my route... If anyone has or knows about a cache that can hold large items such as:

TB2JB2Q - Traveling Tikes Coupe Car - A "little tykes car" (the kind little kids get into and use their feet to move it around)

TB2JB3K - Spare Bumper - A car bumper (yes, an actual chrome car bumper) ""

TB1Q5VC - Icee Bear Needs You! - A 6' tall Icee Bear (it's thin and can be rolled up a bit)

I have already picked these up from "World Largest Travel Bug Hotel" http://coord.info/GC1R6A7 to bring along on the trip, and would love to see them go into another great cache. My wife thinks I'm a bit mad, but I think it's fun... She wouldn't let me take the Bass drum... Maybe next time if i see a cache big enough to take it to along the way?

I am coming up from Nashville back to where I grew up in South Bend, IN... I'm carrying a couple of extra-large travel bugs, and I am looking for some acceptable caches to place them in somewhere in Indiana along my route... If anyone has or knows about a cache that can hold large items such as:

TB2JB2Q - Traveling Tikes Coupe Car - A "little tykes car" (the kind little kids get into and use their feet to move it around)

TB1Q5VC - Icee Bear Needs You! - A 6' tall Icee Bear (it's thin and can be rolled up a bit)

I have already picked these up from "World Largest Travel Bug Hotel" http://coord.info/GC1R6A7 to bring along on the trip, and would love to see them go into another great cache. My wife thinks I'm a bit mad, but I think it's fun... She wouldn't let me take the Bass drum... Maybe next time if i see a cache big enough to take it to along the way?

I don't know of many caches anywhere large enough for those. Those items are usually passed around at events... often mischeiviously. Looks like you need to attend an event or two and pass them on.

I don't know of many caches anywhere large enough for those. Those items are usually passed around at events... often mischeiviously. Looks like you need to attend an event or two and pass them on.

I've know of cachers who've seen other cachers with those geocaching window decals on pickup trucks in parking lots and as Torry says mischievously "leave" them in the back of those said trucks. Of course I would never do such a thing to someone I didn't know. Seriously never have

Greetings and Salivations,

I've had an account for awhile but didn't really start caching until March 1, 2011. Since then I've gotten really hooked. I'm up to 84 caches found as of today and have placed a cache...Highland Hide-a-way. The first of many I have planned.

I live on the east side near downtown. I'd love to go caching with others sometime to learn how to find those darn little micros.

Happy Caching!!!

I've know of cachers who've seen other cachers with those geocaching window decals on pickup trucks in parking lots and as Torry says mischievously "leave" them in the back of those said trucks. Of course I would never do such a thing to someone I didn't know. Seriously never have

That's why I keep the jeep locked lol!

Hello All,

Me, my wife, and our two kids, 6 and 2, Just started Geocaching about a month ago. Its been alot of fun and I have introduced it to my Brother who lives in Tennessee and now he and his family are Geocaching too! I haven't had a chance to meet anyone in my area, Central Indiana around Fortville and Pendleton, but would like to soon. Now I just need to start planting my own caches and challenge you all to find them!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone...I just got into geocaching about a month ago and have become addicted! I don't have many friends that are interested in this hobby, so if anyone ever wants an extra buddy to tag along, let me know!

Welcome, come join us at the Midwest Geobash 2011 this week. There will be people from all over. Great opportunity to get to know people.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone...I just got into geocaching about a month ago and have become addicted! I don't have many friends that are interested in this hobby, so if anyone ever wants an extra buddy to tag along, let me know!

Welcome! Which part of Indiana are you caching in?

I was listening to the Podcacher podcast trying to get ideas for clever hides, where have you gotten ideas from?

Expand my caching range and see what others have done. Go to Mega events and talk to other cachers.

Keep a variety of types and sizes of geocache containers in your vehicle. When you're out and about, and you happen upon a "oh--WOW"location, you'll be ready to go, if you also have your handheld with you. Good to take those containers with you when caching also, if you have to help an owner with maintenance---like a critter chewed container... :blink: