Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

What's going on Indiana? Forum kinda slow lately.

Well, we've been sidelined since right before Memorial Day weekend, when I (Mrs. Car54) tripped over a gas hose while filling up the truck. I dislocated my shoulder and chipped a chunk off the rounded upper part of the humerus (sp?) bone. When they fixed the dislocation, the bone chip floated back into place, but I have to keep my shoulder virtually immobilized till it heals so I can avoid having a plate & screws. I should get the all clear - on the bone, anyway - tendons/muscle outcome still unknown - next week, 2 days befire we fly out west on vacation. I'll still be in a sling, but I'll be able to move my shoulder and cache!

Now - aren't you sorry you asked? :D

I have an event scheduled for July 31 here at Potawatomi Wildlife Park.

Geocaching 101 program for the newbies and I am planning to archive all current caches on the park ASAP and put out fresh ones for the rest of you. Details to follow on the page (soon to be published) but event will be short and sweet running 9 -12 noon so participants have the day to nail some caches.

Geocaching 101 program for the newbies and I am planning to archive all current caches on the park ASAP and put out fresh ones for the rest of you. Details to follow on the page (soon to be published) but event will be short and sweet running 9 -12 noon so participants have the day to nail some caches.

Nice park. Too bad I already have plans for that day or I would put it on my calendar to be there for the event. ;)

I will mark this event on my calendar.

What's going on Indiana? Forum kinda slow lately.

Well, we've been sidelined since right before Memorial Day weekend, when I (Mrs. Car54) tripped over a gas hose while filling up the truck. I dislocated my shoulder and chipped a chunk off the rounded upper part of the humerus (sp?) bone. When they fixed the dislocation, the bone chip floated back into place, but I have to keep my shoulder virtually immobilized till it heals so I can avoid having a plate & screws. I should get the all clear - on the bone, anyway - tendons/muscle outcome still unknown - next week, 2 days befire we fly out west on vacation. I'll still be in a sling, but I'll be able to move my shoulder and cache!

Now - aren't you sorry you asked? B)

WOW I sure hope you are better soon !!

Hello Indiana cachers! I'm a new cacher in the Fort Wayne area looking for a buddy to cache with. If anyone is interested in a +1 for caching let me know.

Welcome to the game!!!! When our work schedules allow it, we love caching in a group. You are fortunate to be in an area with so many caches to choose from to go after.

Take care & keep on caching,

Kelly & Barbie

(Are_we_there_yet?)

I'm going to be back in IN for a short vacation and am looking for some caching suggestions in the Huntington area. I would like fun, challenging (but not too hard), kid-friendly (9-15 years) caches that take us to interesting places and would be good to introduce another family to geocaching. Puzzles or multis are welcome. Looking for that WOW factor. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm going to be back in IN for a short vacation and am looking for some caching suggestions in the Huntington area. I would like fun, challenging (but not too hard), kid-friendly (9-15 years) caches that take us to interesting places and would be good to introduce another family to geocaching. Puzzles or multis are welcome. Looking for that WOW factor. Any help would be appreciated.

BEST CACHE IN AREA:

HANGING ROCK

3112b8b9-03bb-4f14-bb16-a69705667c37.jpg

VIEW OF WABASH RIVER FROM HANGING ROCK

Edited by Trader Rick & Rosie

We are rather fond of this one: Trail of Forgotten Dreamers

BEST CACHE IN AREA:

HANGING ROCK

I was at hanging rock just the other day and i must say it's a great view from the top

BEST CACHE IN AREA:

HANGING ROCK

Great suggestion!!.....we brought the friends we were visiting and they were amazed that this rock was here. They had never heard on it. It was fun to climb and we even found the cache! Definitely the WOW factor I was looking for!! I think we have some new geocachers. Thanks again!!

Don't forget the Geocaching 101 and Potawatomi cache Bash this Saturday morning. This will be a pretty laid back event this round as I have a PPt for the newbies and the rest can trade items and nail the 9 new caches. I believe some newbies will be here so if anyone wants to take them out after their PPt program feel free to volunteer.

Event is 9 - 12 so you can cache the rest of the day.

GC2AQE1

Don't forget the Geocaching 101 and Potawatomi cache Bash this Saturday morning. This will be a pretty laid back event this round as I have a PPt for the newbies and the rest can trade items and nail the 9 new caches. I believe some newbies will be here so if anyone wants to take them out after their PPt program feel free to volunteer.

Event is 9 - 12 so you can cache the rest of the day.

GC2AQE1

CACHE BASH

BEST CACHE IN AREA:

HANGING ROCK

Great suggestion!!.....we brought the friends we were visiting and they were amazed that this rock was here. They had never heard on it. It was fun to climb and we even found the cache! Definitely the WOW factor I was looking for!! I think we have some new geocachers. Thanks again!!

All that needs is a lawn chair, some cavier and wine.

BEST CACHE IN AREA:

HANGING ROCK

All that needs is a lawn chair, some cavier and wine.

Been there, done that!

Edited by Trader Rick & Rosie

Just figured I should pop in every now and then and say hi. So Hi!!!!!!! How are ya? What ya up to? :unsure::anibad: You know me I just up and dissappear and reappear every now and again.... hehehe.. Love you guys Miss ya ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( INDIANA )))))))))))))))))))))))))))Well it's now time for me to dissappear again. Heading toward the MIDWEST GEOBASH 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have to carry on the traditional

"Would You Like A Peanut" since Rick's not here to help :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! I'm new! I'm in Martinsville (between bloomington and Greenwood) New to Geocaching but having a lot of fun! I'm hoping to find a friend to go searching with soon <3

Welcome to your new obsession! :ph34r: Both Bloomington and Indianapolis have VERY active social geo-communities. Be on the lookout for GiG dinners. We have them monthly, all over the Indianapolis area (FYI - the one in October will be on the South side). "GiG" officially stands for Girls in Geocaching, but the events are only hosted by women... the event is open for everyone to attend.

Happy caching!

Hello, I'm new to this, my son introduced me earlier this month. Using a droid, I seem to be having fairly good luck. I'm a cross country truck driver and have had a lot of extra time this trip so I have been finding some caches along the way. The hanging rock is less than 6 mi from the house, I was there many times as a teen, for a long time you couldn't go on top of it.

Is there any way to show on a map of the us the places you have found caches?

There are a couple of caches with in a mile of where I am now, but it's over 100 degrees out there and I'm not THAT crazy. Maybe about midnight. :P

I live in Schererville and my daughter works at Cabalas in Hammond... they are interested in getting a group of Geocacher together. :laughing: If interested please let me know. "We need some local cachers" You can email me at kjn_46@yahoo.com

Just curious if your daughter is Jillian. My boyfriend has worked with Jillian, at the Hammond Cabelas, for several years now regarding geocaching.

Just a reminder to those Indiana Cachers , that like to go to Canada once a year for an event . Petrolia is this weekend ! Should be fun fun fun ! Would be great to see some new faces there to !

Discover Petrolia Geocaching Event - V

Gonna have to skip out on the event this year. Too much other things going on. Have fun up there

Not you to Jeff *sigh* seems like you all are skippin out this year ... oh well maybe next year then .

Hello Everyone!

I used to cache a lot more than I do now. I really miss getting out and doing some of the long hikes I used to. But since I lost some nerves in one leg, it makes it more difficult. But I definitely love to keep up with geocaching and I have been a rampant geocoin collector for years. So this summer, Luckie5892 and I put together the 2010 Indiana Geocoin. You can go to the following link for more information on it and how to order one. I hope you like it!

Indiana 2010 Geocoin