Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

6 days to the MIDWEST GEOBASH !!!!!! .... Is Everyone ready !!

Ready? Were all ready in Ohio camping and caching.

She really is wanting to have an Ohio State Baby!!! :D

I am packing up the car tonight and heading out early in the morning, No GEOCACHING IN INDIANA for me this weekend. Maybe one Earthcache in Ohio if I am lucky :D

Able to get the kids out for some Geocaching this weekend. We logged 4 finds and 1 placement. this weekend in a couple hours

We are concentrating on the out of town caches, so we don't have to be so discreet learning this new hobby.

Kids keep having problems reading the GPS they want to cover the face with there hands making it start searching for satellites.

so far in 2 tries we have come up with 6 finds, 1 DNF, 1 Placement (2) Benchmarks..

My Girls are 8 and 9 and get frustrated easily,hot easily and start to whine so a couple hours here and there is all they ( I ) can handle..

Able to get the kids out for some Geocaching this weekend. We logged 4 finds and 1 placement. this weekend in a couple hours

We are concentrating on the out of town caches, so we don't have to be so discreet learning this new hobby.

Kids keep having problems reading the GPS they want to cover the face with there hands making it start searching for satellites.

so far in 2 tries we have come up with 6 finds, 1 DNF, 1 Placement (2) Benchmarks..

My Girls are 8 and 9 and get frustrated easily,hot easily and start to whine so a couple hours here and there is all they ( I ) can handle..

Hang in there you are doing well !!! Welcome to the obsession !

Just to let all of our Indiana friends know Braylon Isiah Wood was born Thursday August 6th at 12:43 am. He weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 and a half inches long. We are all home now and doing good. We are adjusting to life with a new baby and a lot less sleep.

471e4318-7eff-4ed0-a3f2-29d54b748150.jpg

Braylon just after getting home and checking out his new home.

3cd24235-be32-47f6-8f52-639d587ee243.jpg

Braylon is already guarding his GPS and ready to find a cache. Now if he can just figure out was his caching name will be.

f43029fe-4a93-44a6-aad2-e2e0edfa7377.jpg

Ali Kat and Dubble Trouble are very excited to have a little brother and as soon as he whimpers they are right there to make sure he is okay.

Braylon is planning on doing his first event this weekend here in Michigan but is looking forward to meeting a lot of great Indiana cachers at the Indiana Fall Picnic in less than a month.

Edited by Wolverine Warriors

Just to let all of our Indiana friends know Braylon Isiah Wood was born Thursday August 6th at 12:43 am. He weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 and a half inches long. We are all home now and doing good. We are adjusting to life with a new baby and a lot less sleep.

471e4318-7eff-4ed0-a3f2-29d54b748150.jpg

Braylon just after getting home and checking out his new home.

3cd24235-be32-47f6-8f52-639d587ee243.jpg

Braylon is already guarding his GPS and ready to find a cache. Now if he can just figure out was his caching name will be.

f43029fe-4a93-44a6-aad2-e2e0edfa7377.jpg

Ali Kat and Dubble Trouble are very excited to have a little brother and as soon as he whimpers they are right there to make sure he is okay.

Braylon is planning on doing his first event this weekend here in Michigan but is looking forward to meeting a lot of great Indiana cachers at the Indiana Fall Picnic in less than a month.

Congrats!!!!!!!

Hey Everybody,

I would like to introduce myself to all of you. I am new to geocaching community and I am new in Indiana too. ;) Its like to rabbits with one shot. But anyways I am still learning a lot of stuff about geocaching and I would like to join the club or meet some of you people. From your threads I can see that you guys meet quite often. I'd be glad to get more involved in Geocaching Community in Indiana.

P.S. I am in Fort Wayne area.

Hey Everybody,

I would like to introduce myself to all of you. I am new to geocaching community and I am new in Indiana too. ;) Its like to rabbits with one shot. But anyways I am still learning a lot of stuff about geocaching and I would like to join the club or meet some of you people. From your threads I can see that you guys meet quite often. I'd be glad to get more involved in Geocaching Community in Indiana.

P.S. I am in Fort Wayne area.

Welcome to the party. The next get together is next weekend. Great opportunity to get to know a bunch of people from all over the state and learn about Geocaching.

Here's the link to the forum thread. 2009 Indiana Fall Picnic

The 2 event pages.

2009 Indiana Fall Picnic Meet & Greet

2009 Indiana Fall Picnic

I went on my own caching run yesterday into Ohio and Michigan. So how was Moonshine?

Moonshine was great!! The Burgers are the best we have had. If you have never went to Moonshine then you should make a trip some year. Emily and heather had double bacon cheeseburgers. Lexi had a bacon cheeseburger. I had a triple cheese and bacon burger. We almost got up today and drove back to moonshine from Terre Haute just to have another one but that would have been 45 minutes out of our way and we needed to head home. Thanks Bret for putting on the Moonshine event we can't wait till next year!! Next year we break the record for burgers sold and it becomes a Mega event. Will start promoting it right now. LittleDevilBear (Devil Bear is a nickname given to Wolverines and his mom added the little part. So basically little Wolverine)enjoyed his first trip to Moonshine and enjoyed all the attention he got. We thought Amber was going to keep him but she did finally give him back. Hopefully we will see everybody this weekend at the Fall Picnic.

Ahhh...we just missed the Fall Picnic I see!

New to geocaching here as well, sounds like the Fall picnic would have been a good start. A friend and I are teaming up with GPS in hand! Can't wait to see what hoosiers are doing with thier caches!

Just wanted to say hello to other Indiana cachers! ;)

Welcome to your new obsession, DilMar & akrigby! :laughing: Sorry you missed the Fall Picnic, it was a blast (as usual). But keep your eyes out for the Spring Picnic in May 2010. Planning has already begun! The event should be posted in mid-November.

And if you ever find yourself in the Indianapolis area, be on the lookout for our monthly GiG dinners. GiG stands for "Girls in Geocaching," but EVERYONE is welcome (the events are hosted by women). I *think* the next one is scheduled for October 19th.

:blink: Hey all! I have a friend who is in the Toledo Ohio area who told me of their monthly "meet and eat" meetings, and it got me wondering if there is anything like that in the Northeast IN area? I would love to meet some other cachers nearby.

I have also been trying to join a couple of the yahoo groups for Indiana geocachers, but am still waiting for approval.....not sure what is going on.....any ideas?

Bunni

:blink: Hey all! I have a friend who is in the Toledo Ohio area who told me of their monthly "meet and eat" meetings, and it got me wondering if there is anything like that in the Northeast IN area? I would love to meet some other cachers nearby.

I have also been trying to join a couple of the yahoo groups for Indiana geocachers, but am still waiting for approval.....not sure what is going on.....any ideas?

Bunni

http://www.captainbluetooth.net/forums/ind...fc35eecde3b809b

:( Hey all! I have a friend who is in the Toledo Ohio area who told me of their monthly "meet and eat" meetings, and it got me wondering if there is anything like that in the Northeast IN area? I would love to meet some other cachers nearby.

Bunni

Once upon a time we did have these Monthly meet and greets in Northern Indiana , somehow they seem to have gone by the by .. I do know that on Oct . 31st , there is an event in Shipshewanna Indiana at the Visitors

Bureau .. they do throw a great party and if you bring a kid dressed up you get free admission to the Hudson Muesum . !

Hudson Haunting Holloween! GC1Z87E

:( Hey all! I have a friend who is in the Toledo Ohio area who told me of their monthly "meet and eat" meetings, and it got me wondering if there is anything like that in the Northeast IN area? I would love to meet some other cachers nearby.

Bunni

http://www.captainbluetooth.net/forums/ind...fc35eecde3b809b

I didn't know that was still alive ....it has moved around to much . It would be nice if these things were posted on GC.com forums as well .. not everyone is going to go to an offsite website like new cachers that don't know it exsists .. or even old cachers that thought it had gone by the by LOL ...

Thanks Budda !

Bunni

Once upon a time we did have these Monthly meet and greets in Northern Indiana , somehow they seem to have gone by the by .. I do know that on Oct . 31st , there is an event in Shipshewanna Indiana at the Visitors

Bureau .. they do throw a great party and if you bring a kid dressed up you get free admission to the Hudson Muesum . !

Hudson Haunting Holloween! GC1Z87E

In my opinion it seems that too many cachers in the area feel that an event must always correspond with the placement of new caches. To me that shouldn't matter. It should be everyone coming together and meeting up. Welcoming new cachers and just sitting around and talking about the things we like to do. I honestly feel this is why our monthly meet and greets fell to the wayside.

In my opinion it seems that too many cachers in the area feel that an event must always correspond with the placement of new caches. To me that shouldn't matter. It should be everyone coming together and meeting up. Welcoming new cachers and just sitting around and talking about the things we like to do. I honestly feel this is why our monthly meet and greets fell to the wayside.

I agree, Jeff. I really look forward to our GiG meet-ups every month (in the Indianapolis area). We just hang out and socialize, no one runs off to cache (except maybe before or after the event :(). We've made lots of great friends through these gatherings.

I agree, Jeff. I really look forward to our GiG meet-ups every month (in the Indianapolis area). We just hang out and socialize, no one runs off to cache (except maybe before or after the event :P). We've made lots of great friends through these gatherings.

Well, I could be wrong , but I think they went by the by because we became a little to "clicky"(the Hudson Haunted Event is not even listed on NEI-GEO site and I think there is another event this month in Goshen Area) . And because whenever there is a "Major" event , we do not hold a local event. Like Geobash Month ( no local event) or Indiana Fall Picnic Event ( held in southern Indiana) no local event. Or it could be even that no one had volenteered to host an event for the month either .. I am thinking that is probably it for the most part that its just that no one stepped up to the plate to host one . I dunno , lots of possible reasons .. and people do have busy lives sometimes !

Edited by Team Tigger International

I agree, Jeff. I really look forward to our GiG meet-ups every month (in the Indianapolis area). We just hang out and socialize, no one runs off to cache (except maybe before or after the event :P). We've made lots of great friends through these gatherings.

Well, I could be wrong , but I think they went by the by because we became a little to "clicky"(the Hudson Haunted Event is not even listed on NEI-GEO site and I think there is another event this month in Goshen Area) . And because whenever there is a "Major" event , we do not hold a local event. Like Geobash Month ( no local event) or Indiana Fall Picnic Event ( held in southern Indiana) no local event. Or it could be even that no one had volenteered to host an event for the month either .. I am thinking that is probably it for the most part that its just that no one stepped up to the plate to host one . I dunno , lots of possible reasons .. and people do have busy lives sometimes !

Ok the Event in October is not in Goshen , its in South Bend and its called the MidWest MeetUp

I agree, Jeff. I really look forward to our GiG meet-ups every month (in the Indianapolis area). We just hang out and socialize, no one runs off to cache (except maybe before or after the event :D). We've made lots of great friends through these gatherings.

Ok the Event in October is not in Goshen , its in South Bend and its called the MidWest MeetUp

I had offered starting up the possibility of doing the adopt a highway program. Only Four (4) commitments per year and everyone said NO. Even mentioned something along the line of what GIG does and even the NW Ohio group and holding smaller gatherings during the week and the interest was minimal. So, honestly I gave up. I think a Tuesday or Thursday get together would be nice and giving up a couple hours four times a year would be a good payback. However, getting a consensus from everyone in the area is not too easy. We do have an event next month Return to Our Roots Meet-n-Eat in Auburn. I guess we will see how that one goes.

All Indiana GEOCACHERS should be sure to come to this event this weekend .. they do know how to throw a great Event !!

Hudson Haunted Holloween !

Come on it will NOT cut into any plans for Trick or Treating !

Are they still going to have this event? There are a lot of activities that are being canceled due to the flu issue, so I was wondering if this one is going to fall by the wayside too?

If it is still happening we hope to be there!

All Indiana GEOCACHERS should be sure to come to this event this weekend .. they do know how to throw a great Event !!

Hudson Haunted Holloween !

Come on it will NOT cut into any plans for Trick or Treating !

Are they still going to have this event? There are a lot of activities that are being canceled due to the flu issue, so I was wondering if this one is going to fall by the wayside too?

If it is still happening we hope to be there!

Near as I can tell from looking at the listing it is still happening !

Hi all. My family is very new to this and went yesterday just to see if we could find some caches and just get out a bit. We even took my mother-in-law along and everyone enjoyed themselves.

We found 4 caches and not sure about a fifth as we found what could have been a container but it was opened and no logs or items to be found.

We are from the Wabash area and plan to go again today or tomorrow to get some others in the area.

Just some info to pass along....

Select Indiana state parks will be closed temporarily for controlled deer reductions in the coming weeks.

Two reduction efforts will take place. The first are Nov. 16 and 17. The second round is Nov. 30 and Dec.1. The participating parks will close to the general public the evening before each of the two efforts and will re-open the morning after each two-day reduction ends.

State parks participating with a reduction using firearms include Chain O'Lakes, Charlestown, Harmonie, Lincoln, Ouabache, Pokagon, Potato Creek, Prophetstown, Shades, Shakamak, Spring Mill, Tippecanoe River, Turkey Run, Versailles and Whitewater Memorial.

State parks using archery for reduction include Fort Harrison and Clifty Falls

Dept of Homeland Security Earthquake caches: Check it out. The Dept of Homeland Security has created 8 geocaches around the midwest. They've just made one in IN. They are about earthquake safety and information. I just thought that was mildly interesting.

The IN cache

If you click on the CO's profile you can see them all.

Edited by 2qwerqE

Dept of Homeland Security Earthquake caches: Check it out. The Dept of Homeland Security has created 8 geocaches around the midwest. They've just made one in IN. They are about earthquake safety and information. I just thought that was mildly interesting.

The IN cache

If you click on the CO's profile you can see them all.

Thats AWESOME ! Thank you for sharing this with us !