Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Buddaman, Lead Dog and Wheel Dog will be scouting out places Monday for the 2009 BAGO HOT DOG BASH. Anybody who wants to volunteer to help this year contact SixDogTeam... WE will be raffeling off a 1986 GMC S-15--You Tow...

Well?? When? Where? and how much for raffle tickets???

Raffle tickets will be US400 each, with profits to defray cost of hotdogs and any excess sent to Patriot Riders...We be looking at April 11, 2009. It is 17 degrees there right now at the site--Potawatomi Wildlife Park

in Tippecanoe, Indiana (a private park) :unsure::o . Can't do the reservoirs this year since they banned geocaching. :D

Buddaman, Lead Dog and Wheel Dog will be scouting out places Monday for the 2009 BAGO HOT DOG BASH. Anybody who wants to volunteer to help this year contact SixDogTeam... WE will be raffeling off a 1986 GMC S-15--You Tow...

Raffle tickets will be US400 each, with profits to defray cost of hotdogs and any excess sent to Patriot Riders...We be looking at April 11, 2009. It is 17 degrees there right now at the site--Potawatomi Wildlife Park

in Tippecanoe, Indiana (a private park) :unsure::o . Can't do the reservoirs this year since they banned geocaching. :D

I'll be back from MOGA by then and should be rested up. What do you need help with?

in Tippecanoe, Indiana (a private park) :unsure::) . Can't do the reservoirs this year since they banned geocaching. ;)

I'll be back from MOGA by then and should be rested up. What do you need help with?

8*******************************************************************************

BAGO HOT DOG BASH PAGE IS UP:

HOT DOGS ON THE RIVER

WHAT DO WE NEED HELP WITH?

1. The Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders will be attending. (2 members from the "A" Squad and 3 from "B" Squad) We need somebody to act as their host/guide and see to their needs, make them feel welcome, etc.

2. We need somebody to take over the Nearest to the Penny Contest.

3. Donations of dogs, buns, plates, plastic spoons, condiments. Soda Pop etc. would be appreciated.

4. Ideas for fun activities, not including the Cheerleaders.

5. Suggestions

6. Help in setting up (Come early)

7. Bring firewood

8. and etc.

9. Prizes for the Closest Contest (Coins, GPSrs, Pickup trucks, mcDonalds girt cards etc.) B)

Hey, we just made it past 10,000 active caches in the state of Indiana. No one archive any for a day or two :)

Sorry, I had to disable one today. The cacher found it out in the open, claimed a smiley, then took it home with them, :( leaving me a phone number so I could retrieve it and rehide it!!

FYI: Morgan Monroe Forest service is planning to log the back country area off Low Gap Rd. The area includes Gorley Hill, where there are a number of caches since a Trail Mix last year. I wonder if there's anything we can do? Do voices count when there is money to be made?

I am headed there today for cache maintenance and to seek a new cache a River Runs Through It.' This article is linked on the cache page.

Here's article about the planned logging. A quote from the article: "Seifert said logging is necessary to maintain the forest, and “we can make some money.”

Article

FYI: Morgan Monroe Forest service is planning to log the back country area off Low Gap Rd. The area includes Gorley Hill, where there are a number of caches since a Trail Mix last year. I wonder if there's anything we can do? Do voices count when there is money to be made?

I am headed there today for cache maintenance and to seek a new cache a River Runs Through It.' This article is linked on the cache page.

Here's article about the planned logging. A quote from the article: "Seifert said logging is necessary to maintain the forest, and “we can make some money.”

Article

Generally the areas being logged are off limits to everyone and the caches would need to be temporarily disabled. Thanks for the link, I was hoping to schedule a trip for an overnighter down there this summer.

I went out on Saturday with Mrs. Tank Hounds and got the coordinates for the new caches that I will be putting out for the Spring Picnic. We also did some caching in the Logansport area. It was a great day to spend outside. Now it is time to get the route planned for next weekends BAGO BASH.

We spent the weekend at Brown County State Park with Anabel, BrazilIndy and 4Rushkateers. We fully expected rain all weekend and kept checking out the radar... we saw the rains coming, but they never hit. We couldn't have wished for better weather. Knocked out a few caches, of course (#1000 for both us and BrazilIndy!!) and enjoyed the scenery and great company.

Looking forward to the Spring Picnic in a month!!

We would like to say to one very small geocacher with an outstanding achievement !!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ALI KAT ON 2000 FINDS !!!

We know you and your parents are Wolverines .. but we consider you HOOSIER's and INDIANA Cachers just the same . Fantastic job for such a little cutie !

Star & Wulf

I think there are laws about allowing certain Michiganders to be considered Indiana Cachers :laughing: But Ali Kat is more then welcome to be called a Indiana Cacher B)

Way to go Ali Kat!!

And wasn't yesterday a great day for the BAGO Bash? A great turnout from cachers around the start and out of state as well. And in the top secret BAGO Executive Board Meeting held deep in the woods and down by the river B) , Buddaman was was elected BAGO Supreme President and Master Fire Builder. Best of Luck to Sean :laughing:

Chris-Team Shydog

BAGO Media Relations and Lead Talker to Animals

And wasn't yesterday a great day for the BAGO Bash? A great turnout from cachers around the start and out of state as well. And in the top secret BAGO Executive Board Meeting held deep in the woods and down by the river :lol: , Buddaman was was elected BAGO Supreme President and Master Fire Builder. Best of Luck to Sean :rolleyes:

Chris-Team Shydog

BAGO Media Relations and Lead Talker to Animals

and there was an Easter Egg hunt , a new kind of game called furthest from the pin and plenty of rootbeer as well ....

Star & Wulf

(the ride of the l BAGO Weiner dog she missed Patrick ..was pretty upset that he didn't show)

I need some help. I have a Magellan Explorist 400 and have misplaced the driver / software CD for it and Magellan doesn't have a place to download the drivers that I could find. Does anyone have one I could borrow for an evening to get my computer reloaded?

Thanks,

Lee

It's me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well anyways I thought that this was just to funny to pass up..... So I thought that I would share the latest of my Wonderful Days in the World of Ev.....

This was after the BAGO Bash.....

April 11 by Awsome Ev (655 found)

It was a wonderful day in the world of Ev until......

Well it always starts out innocently enough. Star say "hey Ev lets go caching," Me being the smart one that I am say "sure let's go.' Not knowing that there is alterior motive for Star, Wulf, Big Mama D, Noclue, Mystery Dog, and Noclues Little Shadows. All of them they are in on it I know it....

Mind you I'm a bigger woman and sometimes I think that a persons body (especially one my size) should not squeeze, slap on 10 pounds of lard, use a crowbar, or suck anything in to get into or out of anything. I am a beautiful woman and my rolls, luv handles, spare tires, cottage cheese, and my chunky cheeks should be as beautiful as the rest of me.

I'm sure that Noclue was enjoying putting me through misery pinchin and tickling while I hang helplessly and mercifully from the rusty, smelly, and paint chipping bridge. Wulf on the other hand was probably thinkin ' Man I hope that Ev don't make any gas magicaly appear in the air while she is sqeezing in there.'

Star was of course being absoulty no help saying i know it's here, while of course getting the descriptive Wulfs encounter of the first hand experience.

I needed "Go Go Gadget Arms".... So being ever so helpful, while I a full figured woman dangle at the bridges mercy, Star D, Mystery dog, and Noclue are trying to find my gadget arms. I am still wondering, come to think of it, if the arm was actually wet from all the water that was there or if mystery dog actually pee'd on it. They wouldn't be that mean to me or would they since I was at their mercy. Hummmm, guess I will have to do some research into that one.

Anyways, Sucess at last. The cache was in my hands. I handed it off with grace and poise (if there was any) to Noclue and up the line it went. Noclue, Wulf, D, Star. I think that Star was taking her sweet old time signing the log as I am trying to not fall in the river...

Anyways back comes the cache. And replacement is sucessful...

Now it was time to get out.....

I had squeezed in and rolled aroung and was not in exactly in a good positon to get out. Mind you that Wulf and Noclue are still trying to me laugh and I think maybe wanting me to fall in...... I try to get out.. Not happing,.... Like I said I am a full figured woman. Getting in things are sometimes alot better than getting out.. And for me that happens more often than not. Why I put my self in such comperimsing postions I will never know but...... I wiggle my way across. And then do a backwards pushup. I was laughing so hard that when I finally got to a position where I could get out of I think I pee'd my pants.....

SUCESS!!!!!! I was up and I was ok.... For now..... After that I was exhausted and wanted food. Food is good.

Anyways Thanks for the Cache and the pee'd pants.

I took absoultly nothing because I didn't feel like going for a swim to fetch anything if it fell out.....

As always......

Awsome Ev-

the amish geocacher

April 11 by Big Mama D (393 found)

I thought Ev was going to go for a swim . I mean it was a nice day and all but it was a bit on the chilly side.. such a silly girl she is.

TFTC

April 11 by ~Mystery Dog~ (36 found)

If they would have just let me go in there Evie might not have looked so funny retreiving this one .. Oh I am thinking the rest of them enjoyed watching on the other hand ... (I don't care to be wet anyway)

TFTC

April 11 by Team Tigger International (2390 found)

Bounced on in ! We found the cache ... Good thing we had Awsome Ev with us cuz she managed to contort herself enough to reach the cache with a little help from the rest of us and a Stick .. We succeeded . Might have been easier to reach had the water not been so high.

TFTC

Star & Wulf

It's me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well anyways I thought that this was just to funny to pass up..... So I thought that I would share the latest of my Wonderful Days in the World of Ev.....

This was after the BAGO Bash.....

April 11 by Awsome Ev (655 found)

It was a wonderful day in the world of Ev until......

Well it always starts out innocently enough. Star say "hey Ev lets go caching," Me being the smart one that I am say "sure let's go.' Not knowing that there is alterior motive for Star, Wulf, Big Mama D, Noclue, Mystery Dog, and Noclues Little Shadows. All of them they are in on it I know it....

Mind you I'm a bigger woman and sometimes I think that a persons body (especially one my size) should not squeeze, slap on 10 pounds of lard, use a crowbar, or suck anything in to get into or out of anything. I am a beautiful woman and my rolls, luv handles, spare tires, cottage cheese, and my chunky cheeks should be as beautiful as the rest of me.

I'm sure that Noclue was enjoying putting me through misery pinchin and tickling while I hang helplessly and mercifully from the rusty, smelly, and paint chipping bridge. Wulf on the other hand was probably thinkin ' Man I hope that Ev don't make any gas magicaly appear in the air while she is sqeezing in there.'

Star was of course being absoulty no help saying i know it's here, while of course getting the descriptive Wulfs encounter of the first hand experience.

I needed "Go Go Gadget Arms".... So being ever so helpful, while I a full figured woman dangle at the bridges mercy, Star D, Mystery dog, and Noclue are trying to find my gadget arms. I am still wondering, come to think of it, if the arm was actually wet from all the water that was there or if mystery dog actually pee'd on it. They wouldn't be that mean to me or would they since I was at their mercy. Hummmm, guess I will have to do some research into that one.

Anyways, Sucess at last. The cache was in my hands. I handed it off with grace and poise (if there was any) to Noclue and up the line it went. Noclue, Wulf, D, Star. I think that Star was taking her sweet old time signing the log as I am trying to not fall in the river...

Anyways back comes the cache. And replacement is sucessful...

Now it was time to get out.....

I had squeezed in and rolled aroung and was not in exactly in a good positon to get out. Mind you that Wulf and Noclue are still trying to me laugh and I think maybe wanting me to fall in...... I try to get out.. Not happing,.... Like I said I am a full figured woman. Getting in things are sometimes alot better than getting out.. And for me that happens more often than not. Why I put my self in such comperimsing postions I will never know but...... I wiggle my way across. And then do a backwards pushup. I was laughing so hard that when I finally got to a position where I could get out of I think I pee'd my pants.....

SUCESS!!!!!! I was up and I was ok.... For now..... After that I was exhausted and wanted food. Food is good.

Anyways Thanks for the Cache and the pee'd pants.

I took absoultly nothing because I didn't feel like going for a swim to fetch anything if it fell out.....

As always......

Awsome Ev-

the amish geocacher

April 11 by Big Mama D (393 found)

I thought Ev was going to go for a swim . I mean it was a nice day and all but it was a bit on the chilly side.. such a silly girl she is.

TFTC

April 11 by ~Mystery Dog~ (36 found)

If they would have just let me go in there Evie might not have looked so funny retreiving this one .. Oh I am thinking the rest of them enjoyed watching on the other hand ... (I don't care to be wet anyway)

TFTC

April 11 by Team Tigger International (2390 found)

Bounced on in ! We found the cache ... Good thing we had Awsome Ev with us cuz she managed to contort herself enough to reach the cache with a little help from the rest of us and a Stick .. We succeeded . Might have been easier to reach had the water not been so high.

TFTC

Star & Wulf

And this was the one I couldn't reach. Guess it help to have an extra set of hands to get to this one and possibly help fetch someone out of the water if they fell in. I'm clapping my hands on your success.

Has anyone in Indiana been GEOCACHING ? or has everyone still been sleeping ?

We went caching last weekend. The weather was perfect and we got to do some caches out in the woods. Also nabbed a couple FTFs in the last week! Also spent some time this week downloading the newest version of gsak and some of its macros and then getting our statistics up to date in our profile.

Chances of caching this weekend: 100% :o

Caching, yes. Keeping up with the forums, no. :o

We're planning on going to the Mushroom Fest at Brown County SP on Saturday with some non-caching friends. DNR has a "geocache hike" planned for 10am. We've picked up most of what's in the park, but we might join in anyway. If not, then we'll definitely be picking some up on the way home... caches that is, not mushrooms. :D

We have been Caching. Saturday I went to the spring Fling on Mackinac Island and roadtripped the U.P. with a group of cachers. We got every county and delhorme page in the U.P. We did the western most cache and the northern most cache. We climbed the highest point in Michigan and got the cache up there. While in the U.P. we decided to head over and add Minnesota so we got all the counties along the top of Wisconsin and then found I think five caches in Deluth, MN. We seen so many wqterfalls and scenic areas and had an awesome trip. Plus I think we found over 200 hundred caches. Heather and Lexi went out this last weekend and did a few in Indiana while I was gone. So yeah we have been caching in Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota this week.

We have been Caching. Saturday I went to the spring Fling on Mackinac Island and roadtripped the U.P. with a group of cachers. We got every county and delhorme page in the U.P. We did the western most cache and the northern most cache. We climbed the highest point in Michigan and got the cache up there. While in the U.P. we decided to head over and add Minnesota so we got all the counties along the top of Wisconsin and then found I think five caches in Deluth, MN. We seen so many wqterfalls and scenic areas and had an awesome trip. Plus I think we found over 200 hundred caches. Heather and Lexi went out this last weekend and did a few in Indiana while I was gone. So yeah we have been caching in Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota this week.

Outstanding , sounds like you had an awesome time !

Star

Went out today. Just getting started with this and enjoying the learning curve. Old guy new toy and hobby.

Welcome! Hope you are having fun with your new obsession, er, I mean "hobby". :rolleyes:

Next weekend (May 9) is the IN Spring Picnic - would be a great time to meet some other cachers and get some pointers, not to mention to find more caches!

Mrs. Car54

Went out today. Just getting started with this and enjoying the learning curve. Old guy new toy and hobby.

Welcome! Hope you are having fun with your new obsession, er, I mean "hobby". :sad:

Next weekend (May 9) is the IN Spring Picnic - would be a great time to meet some other cachers and get some pointers, not to mention to find more caches!

Mrs. Car54

I will be there.

TTI - We had an event today down at the new ball park. Where were you??????

Welcome! Hope you are having fun with your new obsession, er, I mean "hobby". :sad:

Mrs. Car54

I will be there.

I guess I missed it because I wasn't aware of the event for some reason ... hummmm

Sorry I did miss it though hope you all had fun !

Star

Mrs. Car54

I will be there.

I guess I missed it because I wasn't aware of the event for some reason ... hummmm

Sorry I did miss it though hope you all had fun !

Star

That's alright. Things happen. It was a beautiful day though.