Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

We reached our goal today here in Austin Texas by reaching our 300th cache. We found 21 caches in 3 days of "light " hunting between family activities.

Not having much time to cache this year, we were happy to reach 300 caches. One could hit 100/day down here easily if you tried. Caches are everywhere.

I hope our next 300 come much faster than the first. I just work too much.

We are heading back to Indiana tomorrow morning. I will try to bring more warm weather back with me.

We reached our goal today here in Austin Texas by reaching our 300th cache. We found 21 caches in 3 days of "light " hunting between family activities.

Not having much time to cache this year, we were happy to reach 300 caches. One could hit 100/day down here easily if you tried. Caches are everywhere.

We are heading back to Indiana tomorrow morning. I will try to bring more warm weather back with me.

Congratulations!!

At Thanksgiving I snagged my father's Etrex and gave it a test run. Afterall he had it tucked away in a closet. I found one very quickly here in K'ville, and then took it along to our family xmas celebration on the western edge of the state. Along with my neices, we found 3 more. Now I'm officially hooked. I just have one question right now. I'm noticing several letter combos when people post their logs. Being more than out of practice on my tech speak, could anyone provide me with a cipher to help decode what people are saying? Thanks and it's much appreciated. I've got to go now and head out for 12 caches I've plotted here in town.

snip...

several letter combos when people post their logs. caches I've plotted here in town.

/snip...

Adventure_Dad,

Not knowing the exact letter combos, I'm assUming here, but...

TNLN = Took Nothing - Left Nothing

SL = Signed Log

TFTC = Thanks For The Cache

TFTH = Thanks For The Hide, Hunt etc.

BTW, Welcome to hobby-sport-obsession.

Cache On!

snip...

several letter combos when people post their logs. caches I've plotted here in town.

/snip...

Adventure_Dad,

Not knowing the exact letter combos, I'm assUming here, but...

TNLN = Took Nothing - Left Nothing

SL = Signed Log

TFTC = Thanks For The Cache

TFTH = Thanks For The Hide, Hunt etc.

BTW, Welcome to hobby-sport-obsession.

Cache On!

BTW = By the Way!

Hi everyone! I'm Shockwave and I'm new to geocaching. My wife just got me a GPS for Yule and I just found my 1st cache yesterday.

It's an interesting game/sport/hobby and I look forward to being involved in it more.

Welcome to the obsession/punishment/fantasy. Your first task should be finding a local support group you are comfortable with. We like Cachers Anonymous in Cedar Creek, ourselves. Good Luck.

Whatcha doin in Texas? Bring some clear skies back with you along with the warm weather. It's the International Year of Astronomy now that it's 2009 (almost).

dupe post

Edited by Mr. TSP

Just wanted to let all of our Indiana caching buddies know that we are having an event in Coldwater for Ali Kats 3rd Birthday! It would be great to see many of you. We are working to put in between 10-20 new caches plus the old ones that are already in place so if you have never been to the area you could make a day of it. Here is the link to the cache page Ali Kat B-day Bash.

Hope to see you there!

Justin

Any other Indiana Geocachers making the trek down to Tennessee for Geowoodstock in May? I plan on heading down after work on Friday and most likely coming back late Sunday. This is a great event to get to know other cachers from around the country as well as the world.

Chris-Team Shydog

Of course! I'm leaving Wednesday Morning and returning sometime Monday.

Any other Indiana Geocachers making the trek down to Tennessee for Geowoodstock in May? I plan on heading down after work on Friday and most likely coming back late Sunday. This is a great event to get to know other cachers from around the country as well as the world.

Chris-Team Shydog

Here's what sucks. I got a call last night and the reservations I made were canceled. The hotel chain is closing the hotel in the area because of the economy. I was going to take a week off and already had 3 days reserved in the area to do some caching.

Chris-Team Shydog

That is the plan, I'm registered on the Website but haven't checked into accomandations yet, would really prefer a campground over a Hotel

Hi everyone! I'm Shockwave and I'm new to geocaching. My wife just got me a GPS for Yule and I just found my 1st cache yesterday.

It's an interesting game/sport/hobby and I look forward to being involved in it more.

Hey, Shockwave! Your first cache is in the news!

Link didn't take me to a page about geocaching, Torry.

Sure it did... you just have to read between the lines.

Hello from Angola!!! Been here for a few months now and just saying hi. Can't wait for the snow to melt.

The snow will never melt. :(

It only melts where Patrick has been at.

Fortunately the Hoosier Peehound gets around a lot.

I turned 8 yrs old wednesday and I want to thank those of you who sent me presents. I especially liked the Kitty Burgers the guys from BAGO sent me!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Patrick!! 8 years old you say, you are almost catching up to Rick now :(

So when is BAGO having their Mini-Mega Bash to celebrate the return of springtime GEOCACHING IN INDIANA? That is one of the must attend hot dog feasts of the year. Will Brad and Angie be there this year? How about Ron Howard? Did he sent in his RSVP?? Details!!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Patrick!! 8 years old you say, you are almost catching up to Rick now :laughing:

So when is BAGO having their Mini-Mega Bash to celebrate the return of springtime GEOCACHING IN INDIANA? That is one of the must attend hot dog feasts of the year. Will Brad and Angie be there this year? How about Ron Howard? Did he sent in his RSVP?? Details!!!!!

A time and place will be set for this year's BAGO BASH at the next Executive Board Meeting this month at Hooters. Angie has already sent her regrets via her European lawyers--guess she's still pissed she lost in court on that suit she had against us for the "Closest to Brad in the Pit" contest last year. That girl just has no sense of humour.... Ron's office returned our call with a tentaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaative Will Attend for him and Clint.

9a0c6a4a-dff8-4e08-ad55-2b90a96e8b1e.jpg

Edited by B.A.G.O.

Hey, Shockwave! Your first cache is in the news!

Link didn't take me to a page about geocaching, Torry.

Thanks Torry. That's niffty. The link doesn't take you to a geocaching story. I does take you to the website for where I found my first cache.