Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Well it might not be too exciting for those of you that have thousands of finds...but I hit 200 this weekend! My 200th was The Joker in North Vernon, and I was with some of the best people I know, Floating Spots and Treasure Hunting Family! Thanks for being there guys! Thanks to Shy Dog for giving us the heads up on this cache - you were right it was worth the time and effort to find this one.

Well it might not be too exciting for those of you that have thousands of finds...but I hit 200 this weekend! My 200th was The Joker in North Vernon, and I was with some of the best people I know, Floating Spots and Treasure Hunting Family! Thanks for being there guys! Thanks to Shy Dog for giving us the heads up on this cache - you were right it was worth the time and effort to find this one.

Congrats on your 200th!!!

Congratulations Ruth!!! JTBrady hit 1300 while out doing some extreme night caching with us and 501 Gang Friday Night. It was an easy cache if you take the correct path we took the high road and had to go down hill about a 100 ft on wet leaves and stones in the dark while above a river. Needless to say it was a blast and I think all four of us ended up on our butts at one point and I thought darryl was going to slide off the hill and into the river. That should be a milestone you won't forget. Where were all the rest of ya? You missed out on a great time it was a awesome event.

Edited by Wolverine Warriors

Congratulations Ruth!!! JTBrady hit 1300 while out doing some extreme night caching with us and 501 Gang Friday Night. It was an easy cache if you take the correct path we took the high road and had to go down hill about a 100 ft on wet leaves and stones in the dark while above a river. Needless to say it was a blast and I think all four of us ended up on our butts at one point and I thought darryl was going to slide off the hill and into the river. That should be a milestone you won't forget. Where were all the rest of ya? You missed out on a great time it was a awesome event.

That was some night cache adventure. Ruth too bad you had to turn back to tend to Jon's wounds from falling down the rocks. I wish we had a camera. A shot of that beaver would have been classic.

That was some night cache adventure. Ruth too bad you had to turn back to tend to Jon's wounds from falling down the rocks. I wish we had a camera. A shot of that beaver would have been classic.

That was one heck of an adventure. I now know why they called that park an "extreme" sports park. Once we drove around in the daylight the next morning, I'm still shocked that only Jon's arm got scratched up. One of us probably should have limped out of the woods, guess luck was on our side.

I really wish we had gotten a picture of that beaver, or at least Justin's face when I said, "What the heck is that?" I'm sure he'll never forget having a beaver swimming 2 feet away from him at 1am. I'm such a city girl. It never fails to AMAZE me when we see wildlife so up close and personal caching. It's so fascinating, I'm like a kid in science class.

What else can I say? Except, a GIGANTIC thanks to the planning crew! The night cache was awesome, I MUST know where you got some of those props! And I only think I got the pee scared out of me 3 times. LOL And thanks to Papa 501, BusyMom, JTBrady, Floating Spots, and Shydog for caching with us crazy Michiganders on our anniversary. It was a weekend full of new states, amazing cache locations, and lots of stories to tell for a long time!

PS Chris where's those pictures?

Heather of Wolverine Warriors

Edited by Wolverine Warriors

That was one heck of an adventure. I now know why they called that park an "extreme" sports park. Once we drove around in the daylight the next morning, I'm still shocked that only Jon's arm got scratched up. One of us probably should have limped out of the woods, guess luck was on our side.

I really wish we had gotten a picture of that beaver, or at least Justin's face when I said, "What the heck is that?" I'm sure he'll never forget having a beaver swimming 2 feet away from him at 1am. I'm such a city girl. It never fails to AMAZE me when we see wildlife so up close and personal caching. It's so fascinating, I'm like a kid in science class.

What else can I say? Except, a GIGANTIC thanks to the planning crew! The night cache was awesome, I MUST know where you got some of those props! And I only think I got the pee scared out of me 3 times. LOL And thanks to Papa 501, BusyMom, JTBrady, Floating Spots, and Shydog for caching with us crazy Michiganders on our anniversary. It was a weekend full of new states, amazing cache locations, and lots of stories to tell for a long time!

PS Chris where's those pictures?

Heather of Wolverine Warriors

It was a blast. Looking forward to many more adventures like this. Minus the injuries of course.

As long as nobody objects, Team Shydog would like to host the 2009 Indiana Geocaching Spring Picnic. I would like to have it at France Park near Logansport again. We hosted it here in 2005, with soooooo many new cachers since then, I think it would work to have it here again. Here is the link to one of my caches in the park so you can get a feel for the area, The Zen of France(Park)

I am looking at the picnic being held Saturday May 9, 2009. Yes, I know that the 10th is Mother's Day, what better way to spend some time with your mum then to spend it caching :unsure: I didn't want to make it the next weekend because that is getting a little close to Geowoodstock in Tenn. I don't want to be too tired for Woodstock!!

I am coming up with some fun ideas, anyone that wants to lend a hand is more then welcome to come on board. I will put the cache page in for review sometime near the beginning of the new year.

Thoughts or questions?

Chris-Team Shydog

As long as nobody objects, Team Shydog would like to host the 2009 Indiana Geocaching Spring Picnic. I would like to have it at France Park near Logansport again. We hosted it here in 2005, with soooooo many new cachers since then, I think it would work to have it here again. Here is the link to one of my caches in the park so you can get a feel for the area, The Zen of France(Park)

I am looking at the picnic being held Saturday May 9, 2009. Yes, I know that the 10th is Mother's Day, what better way to spend some time with your mum then to spend it caching :) I didn't want to make it the next weekend because that is getting a little close to Geowoodstock in Tenn. I don't want to be too tired for Woodstock!!

I am coming up with some fun ideas, anyone that wants to lend a hand is more then welcome to come on board. I will put the cache page in for review sometime near the beginning of the new year.

Thoughts or questions?

Chris-Team Shydog

WHAT! Of course I don't object. Go for it Chris. If you need any help I'm sure Katie would be glad to assist :unsure: . Actually let me know if you need any help.

Just a friendly reminder to those of us in NorthWET Indiana. As soon as it's safe, get out and check on those caches. I have one I know for sure is under at least a few feet of water. It's disabled for now, as I KNOW it's unsafe to attempt. If you do go out caching in NW Indiana anytime soon, BE CAREFUL! I know our area is really bad right now.

Here's to hoping it dries out soon enough for our events the last weekend of the month!

As long as nobody objects, Team Shydog would like to host the 2009 Indiana Geocaching Spring Picnic.

Sounds great, Chris. It looks like France Park is first come/first served for camping. Any chance we can ask them to bend that rule for our group? Maybe set aside a certain number for cachers with a deadline for reservations?

Let us know how we can help out! Sounds like a brilliant way to spend my Mother's Day weekend!!

Alicia (of lakedawgs)

Heading out for my annual birthday cache run, with good caching friends. Hoping to hit 3 states, starting in Indiana of course! :huh:

We did it! It was a great time. We even survived Chicago, regardless of what was shouted out the windows. Yes, I know I suggested the comment :P . We ended up in Wisconsin. So, I left the Fort at 4:45am Saturday and returned 8:30am Sunday. Pretty crazy but, fun time. To everyone who went thanks. To Amber, thank you for letting me tag along.

Now, off to Windy Rock this weekend.

Heading out for my annual birthday cache run, with good caching friends. Hoping to hit 3 states, starting in Indiana of course! :laughing:

We did it! It was a great time. We even survived Chicago, regardless of what was shouted out the windows. Yes, I know I suggested the comment :blink: . We ended up in Wisconsin. So, I left the Fort at 4:45am Saturday and returned 8:30am Sunday. Pretty crazy but, fun time. To everyone who went thanks. To Amber, thank you for letting me tag along.

In your defense, JT, the shirt WAS ugly!

I'd also like to thank everyone that tagged along. We had a GREAT group, and the trip was a BLAST! Starting in Indiana, ending in Indiana...just a few states between there!

Jeff, I'm glad you tagged along. It wouldn't have been the same without you there. Besides, who would have been my backseat model for all those pics I "tried" to take!

Heading out for my annual birthday cache run, with good caching friends. Hoping to hit 3 states, starting in Indiana of course! :laughing:

We did it! It was a great time. We even survived Chicago, regardless of what was shouted out the windows. Yes, I know I suggested the comment :blink: . We ended up in Wisconsin. So, I left the Fort at 4:45am Saturday and returned 8:30am Sunday. Pretty crazy but, fun time. To everyone who went thanks. To Amber, thank you for letting me tag along.

In your defense, JT, the shirt WAS ugly!

I'd also like to thank everyone that tagged along. We had a GREAT group, and the trip was a BLAST! Starting in Indiana, ending in Indiana...just a few states between there!

Jeff, I'm glad you tagged along. It wouldn't have been the same without you there. Besides, who would have been my backseat model for all those pics I "tried" to take!

Any time.

SixDogTeam,

I was going thru some of the older posts here and wondered if anyone ever answered your

"Who's the Mad Reviewer" post??

I don't know, but I'd like to. I adopted some caches recently and have had issues come up and I just like knowing who I'm dealing with sometimes. Plus, I want to bribe them to post NEW caches at times I can go get them - instead of the middle of the night. LOL

Hummmm maybe that's why we aren't supposed to know!

No bribery allowed????

fishersfinders

It's a good thng he doesn't have to remember where he hid them all, I doubt a squirrell could find 600 nuts after hiding them :lol:

Actually, squirrels are probably the smartest animals on earth other than bottle-nosed Dolphins and Jack Russell Terriers. Man has been fighting squirrels, trying to keep them off their back yard feeders for centuries to no avail. There is NO bird feeder invented by man that is impervious to that rodent's wiles, other than one equipped with a guy standing by with a shotgun at close range.(Which tends to destroy the feeder as well as the birdseed thief...)

As for humans, they are fairly down the scale as far as street-smarts go, just look around you. Do it now. See?

Lead dog can't remember where he put down his glasses thirty seconds ago, let alone remember where a cache is hidden.

Don't you love GEOCACHING IN INDIANA? Do you know those tree rat's favorite nut? 35mm film cans!!!

B):lol::laughing:

I didn't think I would be posting yet another milestone so soon - but after Amber's birthday run of 3 states and 60 caches in 24 hours only a few short weeks after hitting 200 - I hit 300! I finally got 300 on October 18 after the A to Z cache run! :ph34r:

1000 here I come. My goal would be to get 1000 at 2009 Midwest Geobash. So, do we have a date, a place yet?

I didn't think I would be posting yet another milestone so soon - but after Amber's birthday run of 3 states and 60 caches in 24 hours only a few short weeks after hitting 200 - I hit 300! I finally got 300 on October 18 after the A to Z cache run! :grin:

1000 here I come. My goal would be to get 1000 at 2009 Midwest Geobash. So, do we have a date, a place yet?

Congrats on the milestone. Since I was there I took a photo of the celebration.

8e2f4711-1174-4ec4-b30b-b504414e580c.jpg

I didn't think I would be posting yet another milestone so soon - but after Amber's birthday run of 3 states and 60 caches in 24 hours only a few short weeks after hitting 200 - I hit 300! I finally got 300 on October 18 after the A to Z cache run! :grin:

Way to go, busymom23!!! :grin: Glad it was one of our ours!

You've got such high goals - - we're just hoping to make it to 400 by the end of the year . . .

:D

(The Mrs.)