Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Well, hey there Indianains! (Indianains? Yikes.)

Another newb over here. 31 finds since the end of June.

Most of my spare time consists of coming up with ideas for eventual hides, sorting nature pics from my hikes, hunting for swag and sig items to leave, bookmarking caches I'd like to find, and reading these forums!

Good times, man. Good times.

I've learned a lot so far. Some of the info is even useful outside of the game.

For instance, did you know that the monetary value of a McDonalds toy rises the farther out in to the woods it's placed? I have a few you couldn't pay me to give up. I earned that junk! :laughing:

Okay. I'll stop being silly.

Just wanted to post and say hi to the locals! :wub:

Hello.

I am brand new to geocaching, but I am pretty well hooked.

I want to study geology at ISU (starting this fall) and figured I ought to learn GPS. I was going to take GIS at school, but...well, long story....I figured I can just teach myself.

I bought a GPS and have been out hunting every day. I've found some, failed some, but it's fun and keeps me out of trouble!

BTW, I live in Terre Haute.

Thanks

Rckcr

Hiya, Rckcr!

Welcome to the neighborhood! Hope to see you at some of the events coming up (Moonshine, Moonshine hangover and The Royal Order of the Sleepless Knights). Also, we get together regularly for some unofficial events too. We'd love to have you there!

Bret

i WANT TO GO TO AN UNOFFICIAL EVENT! ARE THERE GIRLS THERE?

Sorry Patrick.....no dogs allowed.

What! Well, Trader Rick was referring to Bret FARVE on his blog when he said Bret was a tool, but now I'm going to get him to change it to YOU!!!

Well, hey there Indianains! (Indianains? Yikes.)

Another newb over here. 31 finds since the end of June.

Most of my spare time consists of coming up with ideas for eventual hides, sorting nature pics from my hikes, hunting for swag and sig items to leave, bookmarking caches I'd like to find, and reading these forums!

Good times, man. Good times.

I've learned a lot so far. Some of the info is even useful outside of the game.

For instance, did you know that the monetary value of a McDonalds toy rises the farther out in to the woods it's placed? I have a few you couldn't pay me to give up. I earned that junk! :laughing:

Okay. I'll stop being silly.

Just wanted to post and say hi to the locals! :wub:

Usual Suspects saying Hi back at ya!

What! Well, Trader Rick was referring to Bret FARVE on his blog when he said Bret was a tool, but now I'm going to get him to change it to YOU!!!

Yeah, but Bret FARVE isn't a devoted reader of Trader Rick's blog....you can see my confusion, cantcha, pup.

By the way, dogs ARE allowed at Moonshine! :-)

Sometimes the Daily headings at Trader Rick's Last Outpost, all the news that's fit to print, direct from Bippus International Airport, written by the Man Who Got Drunk with Che Gueverra's Killer, DO include coded notes to certain Individuals--sometimes not; it CAN be confusing at times, even to me. Actually, Patrick usually writes those...

I've been reading some of the logs from the Bash. They have just started coming in and already one mentions the trains. Which reminded me of a common saying in Area 51..... What trains??? If we go back to Kendallville next year (fingers crossed) maybe we should make mention of that on an Area 51 shirt.

I've been reading some of the logs from the Bash. They have just started coming in and already one mentions the trains. Which reminded me of a common saying in Area 51..... What trains??? If we go back to Kendallville next year (fingers crossed) maybe we should make mention of that on an Area 51 shirt.

We did that all the way up till we left today. "Holy cow, there are trains here! Maybe they should put a whistle on them so we know there are trains here!"

The ONLY reason I drank so much, was so I couldn't hear the trains. Honest! We can blame anything that happened at 51 on the train people!

Seriously though. I camped MUCH closer to the trains this year, and I really didn't even notice them at night. (after sunset, before alcohol was consumed!) I guess some people are just more sensitive than others! It seems to be a bigger complaint from the other end of the campground though. Over there, I'd be complaining about the traffic on 6. Now THAT got loud!

Yeah Amber, that's why I drank so much too - the trains. Yeah that's it. LOL

I guess we will have to thank Lord Elwood who took the heat off the trains and took it himself with the "Batmobile" incident. The next travel bug we put out should be a Lord Elwood doll that talks and says, "You're right and it won't happen again. " LOL

I think there was a train every 20 minutes Saturday evening before I left, but I love trains, my only complaint is that I couldn't see them better. :blink:

Although I didn't get to speak with them I did see Lord Elwood, Team Shydog and Wolverine Warriors there, and did get to speak briefly to Team Tigger International, YAY!

And of course no event is complete without a Cybret spotting, with the added plus of meeting Torry and several Cheerios from Off Topic. Double YAY!!

I think there was a train every 20 minutes Saturday evening before I left, but I love trains, my only complaint is that I couldn't see them better. :D

Although I didn't get to speak with them I did see Lord Elwood, Team Shydog and Wolverine Warriors there, and did get to speak briefly to Team Tigger International, YAY!

And of course no event is complete without a Cybret spotting, with the added plus of meeting Torry and several Cheerios from Off Topic. Double YAY!!

I sat down and talked to you inside the merchant's building! But I think you didn't realize it was me. Or remembered me from Moonshine and Boat Drinks. That's cool though. Usually people remember me for all the WRONG reasons! LOL

I think there was a train every 20 minutes Saturday evening before I left, but I love trains, my only complaint is that I couldn't see them better. :D

And it was great to meet you Captn !!!!

Star

I think there was a train every 20 minutes Saturday evening before I left, but I love trains, my only complaint is that I couldn't see them better. :(

I sat down and talked to you inside the merchant's building! But I think you didn't realize it was me. Or remembered me from Moonshine and Boat Drinks. That's cool though. Usually people remember me for all the WRONG reasons! LOL

You weren't wearing a name tag, and I'm terrible at remembering names, it was nice talking with you and I WILL be at Moonshine. :D

Hello Indianapolis and Westside Cachers!

Earlier this year I held a CITO event at a westside park in Avon. They are wanting to host another caching event a week from Saturday, August 23rd, and are looking for some help from experienced cachers for doing the event. I know this is short notice and have their contact information if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately I have a brother with terminal cancer and we are in our last days. I had to decline their request for help since my time is being spent with him and family. But I told them I would see about contacting some fellow cachers and see if anyone wanted to help them out.

Please contact me through my profile for the park's contact information and event details. I may not make it back on here to get PMs. Sorry for the short notice but my head has been pretty cloudy all this going on with the family.

Randy

So sorry to hear about your brother Randy. Team Shydog's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Capt. Blackbeard, You should have stopped in and said hello. We are a very friendly crowd in Area 51.

And I will vouch for the Amber when she said she was not drunk(the whole event), there was that one time when she??????? well I am she she was sober after that one?????? I am positive I saw her sober when she, well no I guess not then either!! Sorry Amber :)

Hello Indianapolis and Westside Cachers!

Earlier this year I held a CITO event at a westside park in Avon. They are wanting to host another caching event a week from Saturday, August 23rd, and are looking for some help from experienced cachers for doing the event. I know this is short notice and have their contact information if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately I have a brother with terminal cancer and we are in our last days. I had to decline their request for help since my time is being spent with him and family. But I told them I would see about contacting some fellow cachers and see if anyone wanted to help them out.

Please contact me through my profile for the park's contact information and event details. I may not make it back on here to get PMs. Sorry for the short notice but my head has been pretty cloudy all this going on with the family.

Randy

Randy,

We're sorry to hear about your brother and will keep your family in our thoughts. I've posted your message to our local email group (GiG) so the info gets out to a few others that may not see it here.

Alicia

I think there was a train every 20 minutes Saturday evening before I left, but I love trains, my only complaint is that I couldn't see them better. :)

Well we will see you in a few weeks down at Moonshine. We will have to make sure to say hi then.

Hey Team Tigger. It was great talking with you two. In the past we always seemed to say hi and go our own way. We should have talked before. You guys are pretty cool. See you.

Deermark

Same goes here Deermark ! Was fantastic getting to spend time talking to you, as well . we think you and Daggy are pretty cool as well .

Thanks again for the pathtag .

Star

Anyone out there interested in hiding/finding geocaches on the Eel or Wabash Rivers? We're thinking of hiding a kayak/canoe power trail, maybe 6 to 10 miles long--maybe even have an event to eat hotdogs, then float down the river and find them...If so email us. Please use our geocaching email, not the White House one.

Anyone out there interested in hiding/finding geocaches on the Eel or Wabash Rivers? We're thinking of hiding a kayak/canoe power trail, maybe 6 to 10 miles long--maybe even have an event to eat hotdogs, then float down the river and find them...If so email us. Please use our geocaching email, not the White House one.

when are you talking about the Eel/Wabash river trip? I would have to borrow a kayak but, it does sound like great idea. Let me know.

when are you talking about the Eel/Wabash river trip? I would have to borrow a kayak but, it does sound like great idea. Let me know.

Depending on the interest level, soon...

If someone will lend me a kayak/canoe or float down with someone. I'm in.

If someone will lend me a kayak/canoe or float down with someone. I'm in.