Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

6. When you see a "Road Closed" sign you retort,"Wrong. They're open 24 hours."

It was just that one time we went night caching with Awsome Ev and she DID manage to drive the full mile in reverse.

Wulf

But, did she do it by looking over her shoulder, or by using the rear view and flooring it?

B)

Wapahani here, located just east of Muncie....

Yes a newbie, but loving it and the wife and I are both hooked now.

Wapahani is an anglicized version of a word of the an aboriginal stone age peoples whose language is known as Leni-lanapi, and means, loosely, "He who wanders around in forest searching in vain for hidden treasures, and comes home with tall tales which he relates at great length around the council fire, to the chagrin of his fellow tribe members, of adventure and hardship, over and over and over again". (I think) :D

Wapahani here, located just east of Muncie....

Yes a newbie, but loving it and the wife and I are both hooked now.

Wapahani is an anglicized version of a word of the an aboriginal stone age peoples whose language is known as Leni-lanapi, and means, loosely, "He who wanders around in forest searching in vain for hidden treasures, and comes home with tall tales which he relates at great length around the council fire, to the chagrin of his fellow tribe members, of adventure and hardship, over and over and over again". (I think) :o

Close, oh so close..... you forgot the part about fishing...

City police looking for small, uppity dog

June 12, 2008

A woman was walking her pit bull around noon in the northern section of Waryas Park Wednesday, when she was approached by a small-breed dog, possibly a Jack Russell terrier, City of Poughkeepsie Police said.

The woman tried to get between the small dog and her own dog and was bitten by the small dog. The dog was possibly with a young white boy , possibly 11-12 years old. The dog was unleashed.

Patrick strikes again?

Wulf

City police looking for small, uppity dog

June 12, 2008

A woman was walking her pit bull around noon in the northern section of Waryas Park Wednesday, when she was approached by a small-breed dog, possibly a Jack Russell terrier, City of Poughkeepsie Police said.

The woman tried to get between the small dog and her own dog and was bitten by the small dog. The dog was possibly with a young white boy , possibly 11-12 years old. The dog was unleashed.

Patrick strikes again?

Wulf

Nope. Not Patrick.

Patrick would've hiked a leg and then ran off.

So just in case anyone is thinking about upgrading their computer any time soon--let me give you a word or two of advice. Go with 32-bit OS for now.....

64-bit Vista does not play well with most older programs and a few geocaching-related companies/industries don't seem to be in any hurry to do anything silly like creating drivers for their apps that do work with 64-bit computers.

N1 and I are taking a trip in a few weeks and I've been trying to plan our route. It's been great fun (She said sarcastically).

Seems Palm doesn't make ANY drivers for 64-bit Vista and it only has a few for 32-bit Vista.

32-bit drivers can be had for:

the centro; treo 755p, 700p, 680, 650; Palm TX; Z22; and Tungsten Es

Other than that--forget about using a Vista machine with a Palm device ---at least not any way that I can tell. We can't get Cachemate to send info via cable hotsync and if there is a way to do a hotsync with our units other than via the cable I'm too stupid to do itl.

What does that mean for me? Well, see, I use a Palm IIIxe and N1 has a Zire 31. His Zire went through a hard reset and lost the cachmate has to be hotsynched again to get his name back on it. My IIIxe has cachemate on it, but can't sync either.

I *think* if I could get his Zire to hotsync just once all would be well--Couldn't I just send info from GSAK to an SD card and then put the SD card in his PDA? Then I could beam it to mine using IR. Problem is Cachemate won't go to his unit without a hotsync to put his name back on the unit! sigh

It isn't often that Team Neos finds ourselves on the cutting edge of technology. Usually we get new technology and it's obsolete before we manage to get it hooked up.

So if anyone needs me, I'll be here at the computer, running caches along a route and sending them to my GPS and then copying and pasting cache logs into documents so we have all the info we need to do the caches we will really really really want to do along the way.

I'm content to "rough" it with GSAK symbols for terrain/difficulty and cache size/hide type plus a teensy bit of hint for most caches---but there are a few I realy want to make sure we have a chance of finding. If anyone knows anything else to try, drop me a line. (Anyone wanna fill up my PDA for me?)

Patrick is off for a weekend of fun at the International Canine Ultimate Nationals in Tulsa. His team is ranked #32...so no confrontations with local pit bulls in sight.

Remember, Sunday is the last chance to get smilies or bonus smilies on many of the Salamonie Geocaches as they will be picked up to get them off of reservoir waste land belonging to and reserved only for the use of IDNR staff. :D

STAY OFF THE GRASS, YOU MIGHT STEP ON AN OWL :D

Free hotdogs and rootbeer, too. As well as PBR light.

So just in case anyone is thinking about upgrading their computer any time soon--let me give you a word or two of advice. Go with 32-bit OS for now.....

64-bit Vista does not play well with most older programs and a few geocaching-related companies/industries don't seem to be in any hurry to do anything silly like creating drivers for their apps that do work with 64-bit computers.

N1 and I are taking a trip in a few weeks and I've been trying to plan our route. It's been great fun (She said sarcastically).

Seems Palm doesn't make ANY drivers for 64-bit Vista and it only has a few for 32-bit Vista.

32-bit drivers can be had for:

the centro; treo 755p, 700p, 680, 650; Palm TX; Z22; and Tungsten Es

Other than that--forget about using a Vista machine with a Palm device ---at least not any way that I can tell. We can't get Cachemate to send info via cable hotsync and if there is a way to do a hotsync with our units other than via the cable I'm too stupid to do itl.

What does that mean for me? Well, see, I use a Palm IIIxe and N1 has a Zire 31. His Zire went through a hard reset and lost the cachmate has to be hotsynched again to get his name back on it. My IIIxe has cachemate on it, but can't sync either.

I *think* if I could get his Zire to hotsync just once all would be well--Couldn't I just send info from GSAK to an SD card and then put the SD card in his PDA? Then I could beam it to mine using IR. Problem is Cachemate won't go to his unit without a hotsync to put his name back on the unit! sigh

It isn't often that Team Neos finds ourselves on the cutting edge of technology. Usually we get new technology and it's obsolete before we manage to get it hooked up.

So if anyone needs me, I'll be here at the computer, running caches along a route and sending them to my GPS and then copying and pasting cache logs into documents so we have all the info we need to do the caches we will really really really want to do along the way.

I'm content to "rough" it with GSAK symbols for terrain/difficulty and cache size/hide type plus a teensy bit of hint for most caches---but there are a few I realy want to make sure we have a chance of finding. If anyone knows anything else to try, drop me a line. (Anyone wanna fill up my PDA for me?)

Okay, here I go being all dangerous....(I know enough to be dangerous)...

My son was able to set up Palm syncing for a couple of friends using Vista....

The main issue seemed to be having to go in and then run the Palm program(s) as administrator. (Right click on the desktop icon, properties, and then run as administrator.) I think on one of the Vista computers, he had to use the same process and also tell it to run as XP.

BTW...according to same son, this fixes a lot issues of programs refusing to run on Vista.

Secondly, I had Palm issues (not Vista) and I emailed Palm Support. Admittedly, they were slow to respond, but they did respond with a detailed step-by-step fix for my issue.

Since you live a bit far, and darling-son has a summer job, he could probably help you via email if you'd be interested (and the above step didn't help).

Good Luck!!!!

Patrick is off for a weekend of fun at the International Canine Ultimate Nationals in Tulsa. His team is ranked #32...so no confrontations with local pit bulls in sight.

Remember, Sunday is the last chance to get smilies or bonus smilies on many of the Salamonie Geocaches as they will be picked up to get them off of reservoir waste land belonging to and reserved only for the use of IDNR staff. :D

STAY OFF THE GRASS, YOU MIGHT STEP ON AN OWL :D

Free hotdogs and rootbeer, too. As well as PBR light.

GREETINGS FROM TULSA! One of my team mates chewed up the disc, so we were disqualified! Dummass!!

As I type this I can see an oil well outside the window going up and down pumping crude. Drill here, drill now!!

Will be back in time for Sunday CICIO event! See ya's!! :laughing:

The main issue seemed to be having to go in and then run the Palm program(s) as administrator. (Right click on the desktop icon, properties, and then run as administrator.) I think on one of the Vista computers, he had to use the same process and also tell it to run as XP.

BTW...according to same son, this fixes a lot issues of programs refusing to run on Vista.

Secondly, I had Palm issues (not Vista) and I emailed Palm Support. Admittedly, they were slow to respond, but they did respond with a detailed step-by-step fix for my issue.

Since you live a bit far, and darling-son has a summer job, he could probably help you via email if you'd be interested (and the above step didn't help).

Good Luck!!!!

I *think* I tried that--by now I can't remember all the things I tried.....

That works for 32-bit Vista for most Palms I didn't mention in my note above (according to the tech folks at Palm) but as far as I know it won't work with 64-bit. But just in case I'm wrong, expect an email from me so I can talk it over with your so----and thanks for the offer of help whether it pans out or not!

Good Luck!!!!

That works for 32-bit Vista for most Palms I didn't mention in my note above (according to the tech folks at Palm) but as far as I know it won't work with 64-bit. But just in case I'm wrong, expect an email from me so I can talk it over with your so----and thanks for the offer of help whether it pans out or not!

Check this link out (if you have not allready)

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?...thread.id=17980

It's a 8 page post on the 64 bit problem.

Good Luck!!!!

Check this link out (if you have not allready)

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?...thread.id=17980

It's a 8 page post on the 64 bit problem.

Budda is a 64-bit problem!!

Great. Now they have to worry about flooding conditions downriver of Tulsa.

From what I've read in Maximum PC, avoid Vista at all costs! I'll stick with XP Pro for now, for as long as I can. I would go with Linux, but most if not all caching related software that I use has no Linux friendly versions. I dread the day Microsoft sunsets XP! Hopefully, they can come up with a relatively bug free OS before that day!

:blink:

My laptop runs on Vista. When I was using a Magellan it would not work at all with the Vista. Now that I'm using my Colorado I have no problem. One thing with Vista is that the GPS is viewed as an external storage device. So, if your does not support drag and drop of the *.gpx files then you should stick with XP for now. Magellan is slow to repond to support questions for the Vista drivers. They are suppose to be there now. However, I have not downloaded them yet. GSAK works just fine on Vista.

When I buy my next computer, I'll take it out of the box and immediately start formatting it and install XP :laughing:.

It's not a bad idea anyway considering all the crapware* the PC makers put on a new computer.

*Crapware - Computer software that is less pleasant than a certain Jack Russel's leavings.

A great big THANK-YOU to Team Shydog for hosting the CICO hot dog picnic and all the INDIANA GEOCACHERS who showed up to help pick up all the Reservoir caches. I know I speak for Trickworm, who is out of the country on a spy mission, as well. You are all great Americans, especially the irrascaaaaable Doobies...

Also thanks for the Trophy! It now resides on the mantle next to Lead Dog's Golden Ammo Box!

:laughing:

Edited by Earthdog Patrick

A great big THANK-YOU to Team Shydog for hosting the CICO hot dog picnic and all the INDIANA GEOCACHERS who showed up to help pick up all the Reservoir caches. I know I speak for Trickworm, who is out of the country on a spy mission, as well. You are all great Americans, especially the irrascaaaaable Doobies...

Also thanks for the Trophy! It now resides on the mantle next to Lead Dog's Golden Ammo Box!

:laughing:

It was a good event. Found as many ticks as caches. Also a Yellow-jacket found my head. Still hurts a bit. Patrick, what did you think about Izzy?

Thanks to everyone that came out for the CICO event. I think we did a good thing.

Here is Leaddog with his World Record Trophy for Most Archived Caches in One Day( Just waiting to hear back from Guinness :rolleyes: )

a070c8bc-26f5-41b9-90a8-4ed4d3b1e1c4.jpg

And the Newest Indiana Geopup "Izzy". Her humans are Treasure Hunting Family.

2cf3ae03-aacc-46cf-bdd0-85edc97b7a6c.jpg

2cf3ae03-aacc-46cf-bdd0-85edc97b7a6c.jpg

"The little pee hound is old and losing his touch. Five minutes more of this cutesy stuff and he'll be chained to the truck bumper... and all those hot dogs will be mine.... BwaHaHaHaHaHa...!"

I'M IN LOVE!!!!! :D

She's a little young for you isn't she Patrick ... and I recall you sayin roughly the same thing about a certain lil Doxie you met once or twice ....

:):)

oH, BY THE WAY CYBRET CUT OFF THE FINGERS ON HIS RIGHT HAND AT THE KNUCKLES...THUMB IS GOOD THO. HEAL UP, GOOD BUDDY!

63d87f25-1bfa-4370-a58f-9823bc101b77.jpg

I'm ..... workin' on it? :)

OMG! I'm at work(American Red Cross), taking a brief minute while I scarf lunch at my desk, and I came across this! It's probably not cool while flood and tornado clients are passing by my desk on the way in to speak with caseworkers, and here I am laughing my a** off! Thanks for the break.

When I buy my next computer, I'll take it out of the box and immediately start formatting it and install XP :D.

It's not a bad idea anyway considering all the crapware* the PC makers put on a new computer.

*Crapware - Computer software that is less pleasant than a certain Jack Russel's leavings.

Just using your post 'cuz it was the last in response to mine...

No going back--We have to have 64-bit VISTA to run the computer--It's got 4GB of memory. I know, we didn't have to have 4GB of memory, but since we do, we can't use 32-bit (It's limited to a mere 3GB). So switching back isn't an option.

Second--we may have a temporary fix. Solarwib ran a hot sync of Neos1's Zire on his laptop at an event lat night, and it worked (I was soooooooo happy to hear the 'happy noise' come from the Zire!). Then we were able to reregister the Cachemate. Now if I can figure out how to send files from GSAK to the SD card for his Zire, we are in business.

All Garmins work great with the new computer--because Garmin has created 64-bit drivers for their products. It isn't the computer that's the problem, or even Cachemate--it's Palm not creating drivers for their product. In fact everything that has drivers that work with 64-bit works blazingly well. I'm not a bit sorry I got the new setup--everything else is awesome.

Anyway a great big "thanks" to all the people who sent advice, consolation, and the email addresses of their favorite tech geek. And a huge THANKS to Solarwib for doing the hot sync.

So, let me still be the one who made the mistake you can learn from---if you buy a new computer and it's got Vista, make sure it's got 32-bit Vista (everyone has driver for that now!) or expect some problems.

Introducing a new member of the 501 Gang!

bryan-08.jpg

Bryan Nicholas Wright

6lbs, 14oz

20 inches long

6-18-08 @ 6:19PM

This is our newest grandchild!

Picture was taken about 5 minutes after he came into the world.

Edited by 501_Gang

Thanks everyone, we brought him home today and he's sleeping soundly in his bed tonight. His brother and sister was excited to have him (and Mommy) home.

I tride to get mom to let me take him out caching and 4-wheeling today on the way home from the hospital, but for some reason she wouldn't let me! I'll keep working on her though, she'll cave soon! :unsure:

Thanks to everyone that came out for the CICO event. I think we did a good thing.

Here is Leaddog with his World Record Trophy for Most Archived Caches in One Day( Just waiting to hear back from Guinness :blink: )

Maybe IndyMagicMan will add a new cache to his century series? "Challenge of the Century: Archives"?

Here is Leaddog with his World Record Trophy for Most Archived Caches in One Day( Just waiting to hear back from Guinness :D )

Maybe IndyMagicMan will add a new cache to his century series? "Challenge of the Century: Archives"?

Make that "Archived by Hostile Forces" :blink:

Here is Leaddog with his World Record Trophy for Most Archived Caches in One Day( Just waiting to hear back from Guinness :D )

Make that "Archived by Hostile Forces" :D

Very good point! :blink:

cool icon right over his head!! :blink:

this made me remember reading this in a cache:

Has Geocaching taken over your life? Think whether some of the following are true for you:

* Each time you enter the supermarket, you feel drawn to the tupperware section.

* If it's not the tupperware, it's the toy / party section looking for items small enough to fit inside tupperware containers.

* Every pile of stones seems to be a potential Geocache hiding place.

* You check your email many times a day for potential new caches in your area. You may even have special software installed on your computer which does this for you.

* You've had your GPS confiscated "for your own good".

* You no longer visualize/think of the area in terms of streets and addresses but rather cache locations.

* No matter who you are with, you can't resist pointing out a nearby cache when passing.

* You realize you can now read the hints without clicking “Decrypt” or looking at the key.

* You get distracted watching films because you keep scanning the background scenery, thinking, “That’d be a GREAT place for a cache!”

* The police have taken an interest in your suspicious behaviour while caching. More than once.

* While everyone else puts a quid in the coffee fund in the office, you TAKE a quid and leave a Travel Bug.

* The police take an interest in the sheer number of small plastic bags you buy when you visit the supermarket.

* The location of nearby caches is one of the most important considerations when planning a holiday.

* You break out into a cold sweat when you can't lay your hands on your GPSr when getting ready for a caching trip.

congrats on the baby and yes, it is a cool icon.