Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

So, who all took advantage of this weather today and went out caching? I saw a bunch of disabled caches were enabled. That's always good. I made it down to Ouabache State Park and hit the DNR Spring Geocaching Quest cache that was placed along with all the rest in the park. One more free day then back to work. Dang vacations never last long enough.

About 50 of us went on TrailMix 12 with Deermark and Daggy...Perfect Day!

We still need more data here. Anyone with over 100 ISQ finds, let us know, or you lose out! :)

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update :)

Doobies..................365

dougsmiley..............322

Woverine Warriors...277

Buddaman...............267

IndyMagicMan..........244

GoPhast..................233

Team Tigger............213

Random Find...........134

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................105

jtbrady01................108

Car 54......................91

Floating Spots............79

SixDogTeam.............76

lakedawgs................65

:):):):)

We still need more data here. Anyone with over 100 ISQ finds, let us know, or you lose out! :)

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update :)

Woverine Warriors...277

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................105

jtbrady01................108

:):):):)

113 now

We still need more data here. Anyone with over 100 ISQ finds, let us know, or you lose out!

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

JPlus14...................433

Woverine Warriors...277

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................112

jtbrady01................113

Earthdog Patrick........29

Solarwib...................26

:P

Edited by SixDogTeam

There was a story about geocaching in the Terre Haute Tribune Star today.

http://www.tribstar.com/local/local_story_099002127.html

I met the author/speaker for lunch in Terre Haute yesterday. I had a really nice time with her. You've got to envy a job where you get to travel around the country and geocache!

Very cool person. I wish I could have made the event at Rose-Hulman, but I had another appointment. I'm hoping I get a chance to stop in and view the pictures they've placed on display.

Bret

Dear Midwest Geocachers,

Here We Go Again!

HEADCOUNT: 064 RSVP/436 TO GO

DOGS ORDERED: 128

The Board of Directors of BAGO (Bippus Area Geocaching Organization) has authorized us to invite you to the

Third Annual BAGO HotDog Bash(GC19Q2K)

The BASH will be held at the Little Turtle Recreation Area at the Circle Shelter #1 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m on Saturday, April 19 , 2008, at Huntington Reservoi, Huntington, IN.

BAGO will provide Hot Dogs, buns, mustard, Ketchup, Big Budda's Potato Salad and Baked Beans a la Patrick, Root Beer, paper plates and plastic utensils and napkins. Your mission, should you choose to accept it will be to bring your own beverages and your camp chair.

If you want to bring chips or whatever to share, you may, but it is not required.

Please RSVP here with the number in your party and number of hotdogs you will consume at the cache page. Non-checked plus ones are welcome.

There are modern facilities here, including super-clean bathrooms with flush toilets, charcoal grills, and a fireplace! These DNR facilities are similar to the ones at last year's venue. There is drinking water, electricity, playground equipment, and fishing. No Hunting.

We would like to see all of our brothers from MAGC, CINCO, NEI-GEO, INDIGO, MIGO etc. that can make it.

We will be having a "Closest to the Penny" contest at 1:00 sharp. This contest will be a like last year's. It will be a timed event. Everyone will have 10 minutes from the GO! command,to enter the coordinates, to get to the site, and place their right foot on ground zero. At the end of the ten minutes, whoever's foot is closest to the mark wins. Butterfly Girls are offering two geocoins as this year's prize:

"Drum roll please.......Geocaching Police Squad Magellan Armed (2007) and the very rare MWGB Chick coin from the Butterfly Girlz. hahaha"

-- (Garmin owners will be given an 8" handicap).

There are many geocaches within a one mile radius of the event, including many on the Scout Trail across the lake at Kil-So-Quah.

This is a Rain or Shine dog and kids friendly event.

About 110 folks attended last year's BAGOBASH.

THERE ARE MANY GEOCACHES WITHIN A MILE OF THE SHELTER. MOST ARE HIKE IN THE WOODS ON TRAILS FULL SIZE CACHES.

LINK TO CACHE PAGE

Edited by SixDogTeam

I went out caching today and picked up another 38 Spirit Quest finds. That brings my total to 471.

I want to thank SixDogTeam all the people that have hidden the Spirit Quest series. I have really enjoyed finding them. I like to search for all kinds of caches. Sometimes I like to go hiking and find caches in the woods or mountains, other times, I like scenery caches or historical caches, etc. It all depends on my mood, the weather, who I am with or by myself.

I found the Spirit Quest series to be relaxing for me. If I have been working hard or under stress for various reasons, I like to get away by myself and find some ISQ caches. I get in my pickup, crank up the music and hit a group of ISQ caches. I can cache at the speed I want, stop to eat when I want, take a break when I want. I usually don't have to worry about muggles with the ISQ caches. Looking for ISQ caches is a great way for me to get away by myself and just enjoy a weekend of caching and forget about the rest of the world.

While caching today, I thought back on some of the more memorable moments looking for ISQ caches. I will never forget walking up to one near a bird house in a cemetery. I walked up and touch the bird house and a bird flew out and hit me in the face. It about scared the stuffin's out of me. When you are in a cemetery by yourself, you go expect to get hit in the face.

The ISQ caches has taken me to a lot of really nice old cemeteries. Many of them are family cemeteries. I can't help but think about the family history that is there. I wonder if the history is similar to my family's history, can they trace the family history back to their ancestors in Europe? What was their lives like?

I also notice names on the stones. I remember visiting one cemetery that the names on the stones took me back a little. I saw a stone with my father-in-laws name on it. OK, he has a common name. It is not surprising to see it. But right next to it was another stone with my wife's cousin's name on it. This is getting a little more strange. Then, right next to it was my father-in-law's brother-in-law. This is getting to be more than coincidence with three stones in a row with family members names on them. I took a picture to show my family. Would you believe the lens on the camera was fogged up and you could not see the names on the stones. Spooky!

My sense of humor causes me to laugh at some of the names that I have seen. I remember Bill Dollar. Think about it if you list last name first. I saw a stone today with the first name of Ima. I turned around and saw another stone with the last name of Fluke. What if they had married, she would be Ima Fluke. And then there was Inca Hoots. Don't read it, say it.... In cahoots.

Personal Spirit Quest stats

Found Spirit Quest caches hidden by 28 different cachers

I found 242 Spirit Quest caches hidden by SixDogTeam

Most finds in 1 day - 70

There were only 29 Spirit Quest caches hidden the day I found my first ISQ. I found all 29 that weekend. I had no idea that it would grow to the level it has. I am sure SixDog did not expect this either.

I went out caching today and picked up another 38 Spirit Quest finds. That brings my total to 471.

I want to thank SixDogTeam all the people that have hidden the Spirit Quest series. I have really enjoyed finding them. I like to search for all kinds of caches. Sometimes I like to go hiking and find caches in the woods or mountains, other times, I like scenery caches or historical caches, etc. It all depends on my mood, the weather, who I am with or by myself.

I found the Spirit Quest series to be relaxing for me. If I have been working hard or under stress for various reasons, I like to get away by myself and find some ISQ caches. I get in my pickup, crank up the music and hit a group of ISQ caches. I can cache at the speed I want, stop to eat when I want, take a break when I want. I usually don't have to worry about muggles with the ISQ caches. Looking for ISQ caches is a great way for me to get away by myself and just enjoy a weekend of caching and forget about the rest of the world.

While caching today, I thought back on some of the more memorable moments looking for ISQ caches. I will never forget walking up to one near a bird house in a cemetery. I walked up and touch the bird house and a bird flew out and hit me in the face. It about scared the stuffin's out of me. When you are in a cemetery by yourself, you go expect to get hit in the face.

The ISQ caches has taken me to a lot of really nice old cemeteries. Many of them are family cemeteries. I can't help but think about the family history that is there. I wonder if the history is similar to my family's history, can they trace the family history back to their ancestors in Europe? What was their lives like?

I also notice names on the stones. I remember visiting one cemetery that the names on the stones took me back a little. I saw a stone with my father-in-laws name on it. OK, he has a common name. It is not surprising to see it. But right next to it was another stone with my wife's cousin's name on it. This is getting a little more strange. Then, right next to it was my father-in-law's brother-in-law. This is getting to be more than coincidence with three stones in a row with family members names on them. I took a picture to show my family. Would you believe the lens on the camera was fogged up and you could not see the names on the stones. Spooky!

My sense of humor causes me to laugh at some of the names that I have seen. I remember Bill Dollar. Think about it if you list last name first. I saw a stone today with the first name of Ima. I turned around and saw another stone with the last name of Fluke. What if they had married, she would be Ima Fluke. And then there was Inca Hoots. Don't read it, say it.... In cahoots.

Personal Spirit Quest stats

Found Spirit Quest caches hidden by 28 different cachers

I found 242 Spirit Quest caches hidden by SixDogTeam

Most finds in 1 day - 70

There were only 29 Spirit Quest caches hidden the day I found my first ISQ. I found all 29 that weekend. I had no idea that it would grow to the level it has. I am sure SixDog did not expect this either.

JPlus14 is a wise person, indeed!

We still need more data here. Anyone with over 100 ISQ finds, let us know, or you lose out!

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

JPlus14...................471

Woverine Warriors...277

Team Shydog..........129

:mad:

Congrats on the notariety, Torry. And hey! That's my hairdresser at the top of the page (Kim)!

YOUR HAIR DRESSER IS SEN. JOHN S. McCAIN, R-AZ??

SIX DAYS UNTIL BAGO HOT DOG BASH!!

Why are hot dogs always better when cooked at events?

Because at events, the dogs are blackened and split over a charcoal grill, or burned over an open campfire flame, not boiled or steamed, or fried, or cooked on those roller things!! And also because they're hot off the grill, not reheated under a lamp... :P

Also because you eat them with sweaty friends. :mad:

SIX DAYS UNTIL BAGO HOT DOG BASH IN HUNTINGTON!!!

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

Woverine Warriors...277

Team Shydog..........129

118 now

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

Woverine Warriors...277

Team Shydog..........129

:laughing:

118 now

501 Gang has:

198 ISQ's

10 MSQ's

2 OSQ's

Total Spirit Quest found 210

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

Woverine Warriors...277

501 Gang.................210

Team Shydog..........129

jtbrady01................118

Cybret......................55

AndrewRJ.....................6

:laughing:

Edited by SixDogTeam

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

Woverine Warriors...277

The Moop Along........189

Team Shydog..........129

Mintaka.....................53

THREE DAYS UNTIL BAGO HOT DOG BASH!!!

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS updating

Woverine Warriors...277

Che K.....................274

Deermark...............229

The Moop Along........189

Team Shydog..........129

Mintaka.....................53

Edited by SixDogTeam

Maybe we'll break into the triple digits during the BAGO Bash, unless it's storming, in which case we'll just stay in the shelter and eat hot dogs!

Mrs. Car54