Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Shydog, I like the way your brain works.

I'll come. I haven't done Salamonie area in quite awhile. Lots for me up there, I'm sure. Where and when? and what cache do I use for my pocket query starting point?

Ok, How about meeting at the parking lot near this cache, 2006 Spring Picnic Cache say around 9:30ish? There are a couple of newer caches in that area as well as a couple of water falls I wanted to get some pictures of. I had planned to stay on the North end of the Reservoir. Just look at the 3-29-08 bookmark list I have on the above cache. I really don't plan on getting all the caches I have on the bookmark list, just being prepared. And I agree with Leaddog, mud will be the word of the day. Anyone else is welcome to come along as well. Email if you have questions. See you Saturday.

Chris-Team Shydog

Ps. Pack a lunch or some snacks and we will find a place to rest between caches.

I want to place a cache at Patrick's Waterfalls #2: Twin Waterfalls (archived)--It's the third best waterfalls in the area--.4 miles from the waterfall cache at the CCC shelter, if it's on the itinerary) :D --and for lunch Lagro Cafe is always an option--Breaded Temderloins as big around as volleyballs :lol: (when they have them, which is mostly never) :unsure: and homemade rhubarb pie...) :D

Be sure to bring extra socks and tennis shoes to wear on your ride home. :D

PS. Buddaman can't make it due to the mud and the fact that nobody manufactures boots big enuff for his feet... :D

Area forecast: Mostly sunny, highs in the upper 40's, east winds 5 to 10 mph.

Ok, How about meeting at the parking lot near this cache, 2006 Spring Picnic Cache say around 9:30ish? There are a couple of newer caches in that area as well as a couple of water falls I wanted to get some pictures of. I had planned to stay on the North end of the Reservoir. Just look at the 3-29-08 bookmark list I have on the above cache. I really don't plan on getting all the caches I have on the bookmark list, just being prepared. And I agree with Leaddog, mud will be the word of the day. Anyone else is welcome to come along as well. Email if you have questions. See you Saturday.

Chris-Team Shydog

OK, so we'll see you guys tomorrow. we may be a few minutes late, LD has an appointment at 9:00 in Huntington to rough a guy up a little,( you know, once you're connected, you have to come at their beck and call to do favors...) then if we stop for donuts... Waterfalls here we come.

Update: 48 degrees high and partly sunny

dress for mud!

Everybody come!!!

Consider me in. While I might be a little brain-buzzed from a lack of sleep overnight, I suspect that my slumber until 15.30 h yesterday will counterbalance that, along with quaffing generous quantities of caffeinated beverages. I’ll try to be there on-time, assuming that I do not get distracted by the “Oh, there’s a geocache over there and I must stop to look for it” paradigm too much. :unsure: Fortunately, all my waypoints are within 30 km of the meeting-place, so that should be too major of an issue. IOVA DELENDA EST!

Just got up from my nap. The BAGO Impromptu Great Waterfall Tour was a blast. Attending were me, Patrick, jtbrady, Floating spots, S Keillan, Random Find (Four plus Cheyenne the African Cattle Dog) and led by Team Shydog. We crossed paths with USAF#1 and Baby 627.

The highlight of the hike for me was how well Patrick obeyed me each and every time I told him to back off from sniffing Cheyenne the African Cattle Dog's butt. But I guess the 800th time I had to tell him was the straw that broke the camel's back. I was seated on a log at the time. I saw red, and, leaped up, Lunged at him, hiking staff in hand, to stick it up his little white dog tookus and see how he liked it. I didn't get even one step before a HUGE vine grabbed me by my ankles, pulling me violently backward and WHAM I fell flat on my face in the mud. Once more the wily little canine escaped my wrath.

The only other casualty of the day that I know of was when Kelly slipped and fell off the limestone cliff, into the ravine by the Twin Waterfalls. We could hear his screaming getting fainter as he freefell down down down until we could hear him no more. None of us could bear to walk over and look down.

"That's gonna leave a mark" was the innappropriate remark I heard from someone in the crowd, the little curly headed girl, I think.

So we waited for about ten minutes, then sadly headed back up the trail. But the beautiful blue sky, the twittering of the birds and the fluttering of the butterflies soon had us in a gay mood once more.

Besides, unless he broke a leg, I'm sure he could crawl back up...maybe. :)

After all, he is a

INDIANA GEOCACHER

Just got up from my nap. The BAGO Impromptu Great Waterfall Tour was a blast. Attending were me, Patrick, jtbrady, Floating spots, S Keillan, Random Find (Four plus Cheyenne the African Cattle Dog) and led by Team Shydog. We crossed paths with USAF#1 and Baby 627.

The highlight of the hike for me was how well Patrick obeyed me each and every time I told him to back off from sniffing Cheyenne the African Cattle Dog's butt. But I guess the 800th time I had to tell him was the straw that broke the camel's back. I was seated on a log at the time. I saw red, and, leaped up, Lunged at him, hiking staff in hand, to stick it up his little white dog tookus and see how he liked it. I didn't get even one step before a HUGE vine grabbed me by my ankles, pulling me violently backward and WHAM I fell flat on my face in the mud. Once more the wily little canine escaped my wrath.

The only other casualty of the day that I know of was when Kelly slipped and fell off the limestone cliff, into the ravine by the Twin Waterfalls. We could hear his screaming getting fainter as he freefell down down down until we could hear him no more. None of us could bear to walk over and look down.

"That's gonna leave a mark" was the innappropriate remark I heard from someone in the crowd, the little curly headed girl, I think.

So we waited for about ten minutes, then sadly headed back up the trail. But the beautiful blue sky, the twittering of the birds and the fluttering of the butterflies soon had us in a gay mood once more.

After all, he is a

INDIANA GEOCACHER

You should have went with us to the other side of the road. Kelly fell again. But, in his defense it was very muddy and the rocks had a lot of moss on them.

The BAGO Waterfall Tour and Caching Non-Event was a great success. Thanks for going caching with me.

Here are some pictures from the trail yesterday...

Group Shot

abc46db3-1cd3-4826-b709-3913fb9772b6.jpg

Waterfall Hopscotch

46c6ce6e-92a2-426a-aeef-505c11c6878f.jpg

Patrick showing off for the ladies

2815f32c-1995-4f13-92dc-ab717a52ef5f.jpg

Waterfall #2

b58d9661-ef6e-4778-98b9-b97d44e01be8.jpg

Patching up Kelly

6332992d-4ad7-4471-969d-df9fb143d1fb.jpg

Leaddog after he made a lunge at Patrick

c62b6fa3-d013-4bad-9a62-9366ac0d49ac.jpg

A great day for sure....

Great pics from yesterday's trip.

What's up with the newly archived cache? I've read the post. I thought that was a really well done tribute to a previously placed cache that was archived. I really don't agree with the posting from the prior owner but, I do respect the decision to archive the cache. At least we were able to find it and the old archived one.

What's up with the newly archived cache? I've read the post. I thought that was a really well done tribute to a previously placed cache that was archived. I really don't agree with the posting from the prior owner but, I do respect the decision to archive the cache. At least we were able to find it and the old archived one.

I agree exactly. Thanks.

I agree exactly. Thanks.

Well, you know a good spot to put another cache. Just change the name. Hey, there's an ammo can there as well.

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

dougsmiley..............322

Woverine Warriors...277

Buddaman...............267

IndyMagicMan..........244

GoPhast..................233

Team Tigger............213

Team Shydog..........129

S Keillan.................105

jtbrady01................101

Car 54......................91

SixDogTeam.............75

lakedawgs................65

cool.gif

We still near to hear from the rest of you that have over 100 ISQ finds...

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

Woverine Warriors...277

Team Shydog..........129

cool.gif

You can actually bump me up to 108. For now.

...The only other casualty of the day that I know of was when Kelly slipped and fell off the limestone cliff, into the ravine by the Twin Waterfalls. We could hear his screaming getting fainter as he freefell down down down until we could hear him no more. None of us could bear to walk over and look down.

After all, he is a

INDIANA GEOCACHER

Well, I'm back from my accidental trip to Australia thanks to a certain bottomless pit that I fell into. Good thing I know how a harmonic oscillator works; otherwise I might have had to take an aeroplane back to do GEOCACHING in INDIANA. :D

As I quoted on the trail, it was just a flesh wound. Oh, I'm likely to have a nice long, straight scar on my elbow, but otherwise the worse is that I'm back at work with a sore back from all that hiking up and down hills.

I did add to my ISQ finds this weekend (and last also), including one that I couldn't find (along with five others) two years ago. Once I have the chance to log them, I'll report an updated total.

Edited by S Keillan

Those are some great pics, and I am NOT happy that a girl can't be in two states at once to get the most from a pretty spring Saturday. Sorry to have missed the fun. Those waterfalls are beautiful. I had a great time in IL, though, even though there are hardly any caches in IL state Parks. I actually covered miles in that park without a single cache to show for my efforts. The only one in Starved Rock SP is a multi that starts on the other side of the river in Buffalo Rock SP, and we never got over there to do part one.

Chris, yes, I still very much would like to see that area, and I'm sure I will.

ISQ/OSQ/MSQ FINDS update

Woverine Warriors...277

Team Shydog..........129

cool.gif

Here is our stats: ISQ: 133

MSQ: 1

Not too bad.

here's an eagle from Eagle Creek Park, shot 2 days ago.

78ad70c4-46aa-4b11-97e8-6a5f8721c1c0.jpg

Don't know if have seen it yet, but one of 2qwerqE's Eagle photos has made the front page of the Geocaching site. I have no clue how to do a page shot to show you, but if you get on to the home page and refresh it enough it will show up. Very cool! You always get the great wildlife shots. I am jealous.

Chris

Don't know if have seen it yet, but one of 2qwerqE's Eagle photos has made the front page of the Geocaching site. I have no clue how to do a page shot to show you, but if you get on to the home page and refresh it enough it will show up. Very cool! You always get the great wildlife shots. I am jealous.

Chris

Chris, you got a lot of nature shots on Saturday. Of course the deer weren't moving any more :) But, that's the cycle of life.

Chris

And I am jealous of you people with the REAL cameras...

:)

Little off the current topic: But I have to brag, since she's too young to do it for herself...

Ali Kat said "cache" for the first time on 3/24/08 while out caching with Justin and PairOMedicChick (who Ali calls "cacher" instead of Kathy) And since that day tells everyone she's going caching, and rounds up all her stuffed animals so that they can go caching with her. It's really too cute!

Also Ali Kat hit her 1000th cache this Saturday 3/29/08 on Belle Isle Detroit, Michigan. And she's getting very anxious for all the BIG Indiana events that will be coming up in the next couple months. See you all again soon.

Heather of Wolverine Warriors

Little off the current topic: But I have to brag, since she's too young to do it for herself...

Ali Kat said "cache" for the first time on 3/24/08 while out caching with Justin and PairOMedicChick (who Ali calls "cacher" instead of Kathy) And since that day tells everyone she's going caching, and rounds up all her stuffed animals so that they can go caching with her. It's really too cute!

Also Ali Kat hit her 1000th cache this Saturday 3/29/08 on Belle Isle Detroit, Michigan. And she's getting very anxious for all the BIG Indiana events that will be coming up in the next couple months. See you all again soon.

COOL!

Great Job Ali Kat!!

Ali Kat for a small cacher you ROCK in many ways !! WTG Little blonde cutie ...

Star & Wulf

Chris

I had posted the shot to a thread on the forum about critters on the cache, and MissJenn, who is apparently in charge of adding photos to the banner rotation, saw it and chose to add it to the banner. Made my day! I wonder how long they stay in the rotation? It's been there about 5 days now. :laughing:

Chris

I had posted the shot to a thread on the forum about critters on the cache, and MissJenn, who is apparently in charge of adding photos to the banner rotation, saw it and chose to add it to the banner. Made my day! I wonder how long they stay in the rotation? It's been there about 5 days now. :laughing:

I just went there and saw it!

What would you expect from someone who was born with her own GPS? :huh:

9555d832-20e3-4899-a4c5-2249f7c6ce9d.jpg

:)Congratulations Ali Kat!! ;)

help me. they're flaming me over in the "How come there isn't a thread for Illinois Cachers?" thread.

I'll jump over there and help you out. I already posted a couple laughs.

Did you notice that after I pointed out proof that Illinois Cachers can't spell that thread went dead.

help me. they're flaming me over in the "How come there isn't a thread for Illinois Cachers?" thread.

I'll jump over there and help you out. I already posted a couple laughs.

Did you notice that after I pointed out proof that Illinois Cachers can't spell that thread went dead.

Guess that answers the op's question...

Anybody else notice if there is one more Event cache posted before Saturday for Indiana, the whole first page of newest caches will be event caches only? Kind of cool :laughing: I don't ever remember that happening before.

I've always thought it listed the events first just like the weekly notifications.

Well, we have a little posting to do to catch up to the biggest thread.

Here is my +1.

Last weekend was great to get out and do 11+ miles for (my) day.

Seeing everyone and having fun was a great break from the winter blahhhs.

The first third of the day was pretty social.

The second third was great caching with a fast moving Geo of cachers.

The third half was self induced brutality.

Chris took some amazing photos (once again), I see.

Great job.

Any way to get a high res version of the waterfall group pic?

As for ISQs, looks like I only have 75.

MSQs- 1.

OSQs - 3

Heather, I can't stop laughing.

Teach them young....

Does anyone know if there is a listing of cachers finds by age?

Ali Kat has to have the most finds for her age.

Heck she is #115 in Michigan and #3752 in the U.S. and #5384 in the world!!!!

Not bad for the little girl who know knows the word cache after visiting more than 1000. :laughing:

Jon

HEY JON!

Great to see that you're still alive, it's been WAY too long since we've seen you! Glad to know that we'll be seeing you at BAGO.

I just wonder if there's going to be a pastiest award as we all come out of hibernation?

She's becoming quite an adventurer and really loves to go caching and explore. And that mouth of hers never stops (no comments from the peanut gallery) so she adores events.

But let me tell you, now that she's potty trained, she's been ALREADY getting some of her first exposure to going in the woods and THAT has been funny!!

Oh yeah, and Emily went crazy trying to sell her Girl Scout Cookies because the prize for selling 2000 boxes was a ETrex Legend. Afraid she fell short in her goal, but she gave it all it was worth! Might have to get her one for her B-day if not sooner just since she tried so hard.

And every weekend we have her, she goes straight to the calendar that we mark events on to see if we have one coming up, and if there's one of her mother's weekend she tries real hard to go to the event anyways. So far this year we've had her almost every weekend for a couple months now.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, who knew that this sport could keep an ENTIRE family, age range of 2 to 31 ALL entertained and excited...

Heather

So, who all took advantage of this weather today and went out caching? I saw a bunch of disabled caches were enabled. That's always good. I made it down to Ouabache State Park and hit the DNR Spring Geocaching Quest cache that was placed along with all the rest in the park. One more free day then back to work. Dang vacations never last long enough.