Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Look for Fire Mountain's too. They're Ryan's with a different name plate. Theres also a golden corral in bloomington.

However, If we're going as far out as Anderson. I'll recommend Art's Pizza on North Broadway in Anderson. Great Pizza. I'm always looking for an excuse to eat at Art's.

Let me know if you're meeting in the Indy Area or NE of it.

I would hope closer to Indy as I am staying to the SW.

Working on it ... any favorites?

Gray's is good, I like the pie there. Other then that I have no real opinion.

Have you ever tried to get into Gray's on a Sunday?

I uderstand what you are getting at.

Hey there AndrewRJ!

As Team Shydog mentioned, you (and the Mrs.) would be most welcome at our GiG event on the 10th. It's on the NW side of town, but if you're up for the trip, we'd love to have you there. And yes, men are definitely invited... just ask those who have attended (Deermark, Doobies, SuperStutz... to name a few of the more memorable initiations :laughing: ). But seriously... or not, we do have a great time at our get-togethers. Join us if you can!

I also noticed folks listing various restaurants on the southside. GT South's, on Emerson Road just south of 465 in Beech Grove (SE side), has some terrific BBQ. They also have a room available (free!) if you wanted to reserve it for a larger group. Just let 'em know you're coming! We held a GiG event there in January and they treated us VERY well.

Have a nice visit!

Alicia (of lakedawgs)

Hey there AndrewRJ!

As Team Shydog mentioned, you (and the Mrs.) would be most welcome at our GiG event on the 10th. It's on the NW side of town, but if you're up for the trip, we'd love to have you there. And yes, men are definitely invited... just ask those who have attended (Deermark, Doobies, SuperStutz... to name a few of the more memorable initiations :o ). But seriously... or not, we do have a great time at our get-togethers. Join us if you can!

I also noticed folks listing various restaurants on the southside. GT South's, on Emerson Road just south of 465 in Beech Grove (SE side), has some terrific BBQ. They also have a room available (free!) if you wanted to reserve it for a larger group. Just let 'em know you're coming! We held a GiG event there in January and they treated us VERY well.

Have a nice visit!

Alicia (of lakedawgs)

Thanks for the offer. I am not sure if my wife and will want to fight rush hour traffic to make it however. I may if I need to get out of the house for a while.

I can't get Patrick to go out geocaching. He's been glued to the monitor following the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race!!! (He thinks he's a little husky) :o

Not sure how much snow will be left on the ground after today's warm up. But, yesterday caching in Huntington I saw a guy pulling a small sled with ice fishing gear. Maybe you can hook up a sled to Patrick and he can really get to know what it is like to be a sled dog? He can pull you to the caches.

I can't get Patrick to go out geocaching. He's been glued to the monitor following the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race!!! (He thinks he's a little husky) :laughing:

Not sure how much snow will be left on the ground after today's warm up. But, yesterday caching in Huntington I saw a guy pulling a small sled with ice fishing gear. Maybe you can hook up a sled to Patrick and he can really get to know what it is like to be a sled dog? He can pull you to the caches.

Actually, it takes a minimum of three big dogs to haul my fat arse!! :D

Andrew RJ, there is another place to visit near Martinsville that has the prettiest valley in early spring. Search by keywords 'Ravinia Woods' and you will find them, but then also seek 'nearest' caches from any one of those, so you see them all. Ravinia Woods was, until about 3 years ago, a huge farm on forested rolling hills thta had been in one family for centuries. A few years ago, though I don't know how or why, the proerty was given or bought by the IN DNR and is now a section Morgan Monroe State forest, though it is miles from the rest of the forest. You will see ruins from the old farm, and inexplicable car cadavers along an old fire trail. There's even an old trash pit that's mildly interesting for antique glass bottles and other things, but be careful. It's in a tight V between ridges, and there's plenty of rust and broken glass to contend with.

Grins, 2q

Andrew RJ, there is another place to visit near Martinsville that has the prettiest valley in early spring. Search by keywords 'Ravinia Woods' and you will find them, but then also seek 'nearest' caches from any one of those, so you see them all. Ravinia Woods was, until about 3 years ago, a huge farm on forested rolling hills thta had been in one family for centuries. A few years ago, though I don't know how or why, the proerty was given or bought by the IN DNR and is now a section Morgan Monroe State forest, though it is miles from the rest of the forest. You will see ruins from the old farm, and inexplicable car cadavers along an old fire trail. There's even an old trash pit that's mildly interesting for antique glass bottles and other things, but be careful. It's in a tight V between ridges, and there's plenty of rust and broken glass to contend with.

Grins, 2q

great I will check that out. Thank you

who will have post #5,000?

Who posted in: Indiana Cachers Hello !

Poster Posts

SixDogTeam 715

Team Tigger International 609

Torry 417

Earthdog Patrick 403

Rupert2 162

dougsmiley 158

Team Shydog 154

CYBret 111

Buddaman 93

-{LoS}-Xile 92

The Herd 85

501_Gang 81

Cpt.Blackbeard 70

Awsome Ev 68

S Keillan 66

hide & seekers 66

Prairiepartners 64

BlackJeepSquadron 56

Lord Elwood 50

ClayC 47

4leafclover 47

Team GCHound 45

gerbilmafia 45

markz68 45

Car54 43

thabigbird 41

Wolverine Warriors 40

Captain Retriever 39

bluegillfisherman 38

~Mystery Dog~ 38

jtbrady01 36

gunpowder 36

Are_we_there_yet? 34

Bean Blossom Gang 34

RPW 29

2qwerqE 28

emurock 27

Beffums 26

Miss Eagerbeaver 24

indytechnerd 24

Pokagon Nature Center 23

Jack Ryan 21

Deermark 20

Joypa 19

Pipanella 15

One Crazy Girl Scout Leader 15

sparkeeeee 15

Neos2 15

JeepinJeff 14

Mr. TSP 14

indgeodog 14

mintaka 13

*The Shadow* 13

Wishbone86 13

lakedawgs 11

Treasure Hunting Family 10

greengecko 10

andrewrj 10

WhiskeyRblnPatriot 10

jaypit 9

Double Agents 9

ohgrl 8

Team BubbyMac 8

~NotMe~ 8

Team A.C.E. 8

Che K 8

Treasure Dad 8

INDIANA SPIRIT QUEST 8

OldLog 7

4damFam 7

zammers 7

Zorry 7

Team Neos 7

Jenischmeni 6

Butterfly Girlz 6

Team Tecmage 6

fw_ord 5

solarwib 5

FloatingSpots 5

Bjorn74 5

Hoosier PeeHound 5

LEAD DOG 5

bikinibottomfeeders 5

ElementalJay 5

top con 5

PMaholm 5

CelticFC 5

Dep&Uno&Co 4

Red Dragon 109 4

Muddy Chris 4

ClickChik 4

dadgum Hook 4

CrossRoadNomads 4

KingOfMonkeys 4

Mountain Climber 4

LoLoLoco 3

jadeskyline 3

SueEmAll 3

SweetBell 3

5¢ 3

nomovement 3

moletrap 3

Bushlight 3

WilliamsFamGC 3

SherwoodForest 3

stibnitetwins 3

Random Find 3

Ravenhwk 3

Phantom_Dog 2

Earleheart° 2

butterflyangel 2

guinnessfc 2

Team ATMS 88 2

sept1c_tank 2

WCNUT & TATER 2

Muirwoody 2

SwizzleSticks 2

Indy Diver 2

boilerblues 2

Bill & Tammy 2

Upward 2

B.A.G.O. 2

GoPhast 2

Saving Shiloh 2

CO Admin 2

Team Itchy & Scratchy 2

DJ Lost 2

StangGuy96gt 2

Bad Majec 2

daggy 2

Tranziq 2

AREA 51 SECURITY 2

the hermit crabs 1

IndiGo-Geo 1

MetroGT 1

Tersanyus 1

truckdweller 1

japtkd 1

d-town cachers 1

The Moops 1

TEAM DOW 1

pfeng 1

midnightrosefashions 1

Peacecamp1 1

Candyman & PussyKat 1

Gary and Mary Adventurers 1

KIP Scouting It 1

~Lucy~ 1

Matt&Kelly 1

batsgonemad 1

kb9vgr 1

Turtlebug 1

Shrimpy96 1

CurmudgeonlyGal 1

ahawkey1 1

flyingandys 1

Neos 1 1

Darchiel 1

Daphne of Mysteries Inc. 1

Phantom der Nacht 1

afailedescape 1

Audion 1

CookCrew 1

go-purdue 1

Reviewer Jones 1

trippy1976 1

INDIANA GEO JONES 1

poppagoth 1

DutchBoy 1

LaPaglia 1

JPlus14 1

fatboy52 1

TheDulcimerGuy 1

the troxells 1

BoilerBushwacker 1

Cheli42469 1

The Easter Geocoin Bunny 1

The Moop Along 1

5Sent 1

3_9er_bears 1

kkids 1

Close window & open topic

Edited by SixDogTeam

SixDogTeam, you have waaayyyyy too much time on your hands! How did you generate your list?

On the forum topics page, just click on the number of replies... ;)

That's still too much time for me to spend. I'm trying to decide on a new GPS. Any ideas?

I would recommend the Garmin 60Cx. It has been my favorite GPS that I have owned. Locks on well, added memory is plenty and auto-routing is great when traveling. It will be hard to replace if I ever decide to upgrade. The new Colorado seems a little buggy at this time, from what I have heard and read.

Chris-Team Shydog

I'm trying to decide on a new GPS. Any ideas?

I would recommend the Garmin 60Cx. It has been my favorite GPS that I have owned. Locks on well, added memory is plenty and auto-routing is great when traveling. It will be hard to replace if I ever decide to upgrade. The new Colorado seems a little buggy at this time, from what I have heard and read.

Chris-Team Shydog

I've had the eXplorist 600 for a while. Really like it. However, I don't like the way the USB cable connects to it. It has stripped out twice. Was looking at the 60Csx. I've been hearing some mixed reviews on the Colorado series. Of course there the new cache icon available now.

OK, so dogs, this whole winter thing has been allright for me. It started out not so good, but in the end it was OK. A little pitchy here and there, but alltogether a good effort...

so now spring is just around the counter: So, a little cabin fever game:

POST YOUR VERY FIRST LOG!

:unsure: July 1, 2003 by SixDogTeam (1260 found)

This was checkindacache's first cache to hide and our first cache to look for and find, and we are the first to find it! A triple first! What a neat area. The cabin contained a rabbit and a chipmunk.We scared up a six-point buck, found 2 treehouses and several spooky lean-to's but no ghost in a jar!! skeeters were not so bad except at the pond...check it out!!

(Lead Dog and Wheel Dog)

DUMAS FAMILY GEOCACHERS FUN INDEX: A++

:unsure: July 14, 2003 by Earthdog Patrick (598 found)

My first cache. Transferring log to my separate account.

:D July 14, 2003 by SixDogTeam (1260 found)

Was beginning to think this was not to be. Got all packed up and ready to go, and the heater core let loose, so a trip to autozone, a darn near complete frame-off restoration of the front of the truck and seven hours later to replace it, only a few parts left over, these things never go back together right; then the road (Dam) over Huntington Lake was closed, take another route; THEN batteries go dead in GPS'r, and spares are dented (how?--Did heater core fall on them?); stop at truck stop, mortgage farm to buy truck stop batteries, and on to the Cache!!! Peculiar things: Found almost full can of bug spray hidden in a bush and, wierdly, two pairs of white female panties, within fifteen feet of cache--One within three feet, altitude six feet. I don't know what THATS all about. Had to stand back and think about this one for a moment, then it came to me in a flash of inspiration. No muggles will ever find this one by accident!! NO. 12 for the Dogs, secon First To Find.

(Lead Dog and Earth Dog - #12)

DUMAS FAMILY GEOCACHERS FUN INDEX: A++

Patrick

Methodist Park Bench

1703852_300.jpg

Mason (Canoe) Chapel, Michigan-- GCG5QH

:unsure: August 31, 2003 by Team Shydog (1211 found)

Went with Pinestrail for our first adventure in this fun sport. Very beautiful site. Thanks. TNLN

**Notice who I can blame for starting this obsession for me.

(Spoken with a British accent) I hated it! I thought it was quite awful! A very amateurish attempt at a season. I don't think it will be around much longer.

Edited by Team Shydog

3%

April 20, 2003 by Team Tigger International (2012 found)

#1 of the day. not familiar with the roads we ended up parked at the gas sub station on Manning Rd (i think) long walk, but it was a nice day. took the photo left a hotwheels car

Above The Trees

April 20, 2003 by Team Tigger International (2012 found)

#2 of the day. we searched everywhere and then we saw the rope wish someone'd left a knot tying book. lol. took the little car, left a bigger car

There's our first 2 !

Here is our first one. GCGEQZ--Pickin' Up Posies

April 1, 2006 by Random Find (563 found)

This was our very first Cache ever. Our friends, The Treasure Hunting Family helped us. All together there were nine of us and two dogs between the two families. When we were unloading out of the vans, we talked to some other people we know and found out that they were they original people to hide it. They are members of our church.

T-Travel Bug

L-Markers and coloring paper

Our first log:

April 9, 2004 by Car54 (688 found)

It was a beautiful day to take the dogs for a walk. We decided to hunt down this cache on the way. Found it. TNLN

Makes me a bit sad as the dogs referenced in the log have now gone to the Rainbow Bridge. We hid a cache in their honor after each one died. Maggie's got muggled, but Rusty's is still active. And I hope it's a long time before we hide a cache in memory of either of our two current geo-dogs.

Mrs. Car54

Here's my first find:

Earthling Vector IV by Earthling and Heavenbound

February 2, 2002 by mintaka (495 found)

This was my first find! Good thing I wore my hiking boots for it was quite muddy after the rain but easily found. There are no more leaves

covering it. Signed the notepad. Didn't take or leave anything.

I had my boys with me. They were one and a half years old and slept in the carseats all afternoon.

We need to know two things:

1. How many geocachers have found more than 100 total ISQ/OSQ/MSQ caches?

2. How many geocachers have found 200 or more?

Please let us know your total here or in an email. You won't be disappointed for your effort...

Thanks, GEO-ISQ

:D

We have found 91.

Please let us know your total here or in an email. You won't be disappointed for your effort...

Thanks, GEO-ISQ

Looks like only 65 for us so far. :D We're such slackers.

Thanks, GEO-ISQ

263 Isq's

4 Osq's

Thanks, GEO-ISQ

Well what do you know.

74 ISQ's

27 OSQ's

101 total so far