Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Getting a bit concerned about our friend LEadDog and Patrick ... havent heard a peep from either of them in quite a few days .... not even a blog update ...

Hope you 2 are ok !

Star

Yes, it's quite true we were gone for a number of your earth days. The Mother Ship took us on a long, long journey, awesome in scope, and their was no internet access. Now we are back. There's no place like home. Tomorrow is another day!--Lead Dog and Patrick :unsure:

Getting a bit concerned about our friend LEadDog and Patrick ... havent heard a peep from either of them in quite a few days .... not even a blog update ...

Hope you 2 are ok !

Star

Yes, it's quite true we were gone for a number of your earth days. The Mother Ship took us on a long, long journey, awesome in scope, and their was no internet access. Now we are back. There's no place like home. Tomorrow is another day!--Lead Dog and Patrick :D

hummm Patrick you look like you are a little under the weather there or else SCARED !!!

Star

Hope you 2 are ok !

Star

Yes, it's quite true we were gone for a number of your earth days. The Mother Ship took us on a long, long journey, awesome in scope, and their was no internet access. Now we are back. There's no place like home. Tomorrow is another day!--Lead Dog and Patrick :rolleyes:

hummm Patrick you look like you are a little under the weather there or else SCARED !!!

Star

You know Patrick isn't the tallest around. Hard to make it through high water. Swimming in fast moving water isn't that easy either.

Congratulations to Black Johnson on 1,000 hides! Here is his log on GCVBVE:

Sherlock Holmes Cache

:) February 17 by blackjohnson (1000 found)

WOOOOOWHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!, Millenia Quest 2008 has been successful!!!!!!.....This is my 1,000 find milestone!!!! This started out at 10:00 AM with rain and 19 finds needed to get the opportunity to find this one. I try to have an interesting cache for each milestone and this one was not to disappoint. I was 3:30PM when I pulled in only to find the bridge was flooded and iced over!!! OHHH NOOO!....Hmmmm, can't drive over...Maybe I can hike...My GPS says it's only .5 mile (direct) so that means even more by the path I had to take....No problem,,,,I am on a mission... Off I go...

I must say, what a hike this was. It rained off and on today up to this point and then the sun came out....At least until I was about halfway and the clouds returned but no rain!!! I didn't think I would need to cross creeks with the path I laid out but...WRONG(see photos)...I had to log bridge cross one of the wider creeks....Only to face an "uphill" challenge....Finally, up on top and walking toward the cache, I get to GZ and claim the prize!!!! #1,000 The log was ruined(soaking wet). I placed a dry log in a baggy back in the container....Owner should perform maintence as it's shot!!!

Now for the hike back so I can place a few piggy backs!! Had to use my log brige again!!! I'll call it the "blackjohnson Commemorative Bridge" All in all, the trip computer said this milestone hike was 1.25 miles!! Wow, Now that's a milestone find!!!! SL TFTC!!!!

[view this log on a separate page]

Photos:

It's Cross This Or No Cache Find!!!

Millenia Quest Completed!! Great Cache!!!

Big Creek!

The Ice Bridge!!! Hiking Back To The Car

View Of Another Bridge

0c115ce2-d081-4fe0-a3bc-98f470b4efcb.jpg

Hello all you Hoosiers.

I will be in Indiana visiting family from the 4th thru the 12th of March. I will be staying in Martinsville while I am here. I hope to get some good caching in while I am visiting and maybe I will get the opportunity to run into a few cachers… and a swine I know.

See you in a week.

Hello AndrewRJ,

You will be staying close to some great caching while you are in Indiana. Just South of Martinsville is the Morgan-Monroe State Forrest, a great place to spend some time Meandering thru the woods. If you have the time, I would also suggest a short trip further South to the Bloomington/Lake Monroe area. One of my favorite caching days was a TrailMix event that led us to discover this wonderful place. A classic Indy Diver cache on the trail is a must to find.

If you are wanting to meet some fellow cachers during you visit, the Girls in Geocaching are getting together on March 10th on the North side of Indy. They have been known to allow men at their gatherings, or so the pictures show. You might have to go by the name AndreaRJ if you attend. :lol: I am sure one of the lovely ladies will chime in if you are interested.

I made a geotrip out to your state last summer and had a week that I will remember for the rest of my life. I met some of the friendliest cachers around during that trip.

If you are interested in doing some caching in either of the areas I mentioned,or any other area, on Saturday the 8th, please let me know.

Have a safe trip, and remember, Don't accept food from the PIG!! <_<

Chris-Team Shydog

Hello AndrewRJ,

You will be staying close to some great caching while you are in Indiana. Just South of Martinsville is the Morgan-Monroe State Forrest, a great place to spend some time Meandering thru the woods. If you have the time, I would also suggest a short trip further South to the Bloomington/Lake Monroe area. One of my favorite caching days was a TrailMix event that led us to discover this wonderful place. A classic Indy Diver cache on the trail is a must to find.

If you are wanting to meet some fellow cachers during you visit, the Girls in Geocaching are getting together on March 10th on the North side of Indy. They have been known to allow men at their gatherings, or so the pictures show. You might have to go by the name AndreaRJ if you attend. <_< I am sure one of the lovely ladies will chime in if you are interested.

I made a geotrip out to your state last summer and had a week that I will remember for the rest of my life. I met some of the friendliest cachers around during that trip.

If you are interested in doing some caching in either of the areas I mentioned,or any other area, on Saturday the 8th, please let me know.

Have a safe trip, and remember, Don't accept food from the PIG!! :lol:

Chris-Team Shydog

The last time I was in Indiana was in January of 06 and I missed the Trail Mix that was in the MMSF. I was there the day after and got about 6 in the forest. Looking around I see that there are a ton of caches that are new.

My wife doesn't participate, but she understands my need to go caching so I have been given some time for that. Sunday would be great. I don't really care where I go just as long as I get to go somewhere. :lol:

I will probibly make a few small trips during the week, so any more sugestions for great caches are apreciated. I also have to go back and fix that DNF I have on Shelter II.

Hello AndrewRJ,

If you are wanting to meet some fellow cachers during you visit, the Girls in Geocaching are getting together on March 10th on the North side of Indy. They have been known to allow men at their gatherings, or so the pictures show. You might have to go by the name AndreaRJ if you attend. ;) I am sure one of the lovely ladies will chime in if you are interested.

Have a safe trip, and remember, Don't accept food from the PIG!! ;)

Chris-Team Shydog

The last time I was in Indiana was in January of 06 and I missed the Trail Mix that was in the MMSF. I was there the day after and got about 6 in the forest. Looking around I see that there are a ton of caches that are new.

My wife doesn't participate, but she understands my need to go caching so I have been given some time for that. Sunday would be great. I don't really care where I go just as long as I get to go somewhere. ;)

I will probibly make a few small trips during the week, so any more sugestions for great caches are apreciated. I also have to go back and fix that DNF I have on Shelter II.

Hmmm ... I need some Sparkeeeee input here ... Or somebody nearby ... How busy is Poe's on a late Sunday morning? ... Is Poe's even open Sunday morning? I know the after-church crowd hits hard about noon.

Hmmm ... I need some Sparkeeeee input here ... Or somebody nearby ... How busy is Poe's on a late Sunday morning? ... Is Poe's even open Sunday morning? I know the after-church crowd hits hard about noon.

I don't know how much help I can be here.............

I've lived in Mooresville for many years, and have been to both Poe's and Gray's cafeteria only a few times.

They are both good. They both get really busy as early as 10AM on Sunday. The lines are usually out of the parking lot .

I'm more of a, "Let's get a double cheeseburger at McD's/BK and spend all the time we saved getting caches!" type of guy!

Torry, you got my cell phone number?

I don't know how much help I can be here.............

I've lived in Mooresville for many years, and have been to both Poe's and Gray's cafeteria only a few times.

They are both good. They both get really busy as early as 10AM on Sunday. The lines are usually out of the parking lot .

I'm more of a, "Let's get a double cheeseburger at McD's/BK and spend all the time we saved getting caches!" type of guy!

Torry, you got my cell phone number?

Well, poo ... I know that Gray's is always packed... I'm trying to figure out a place a bunch of cachers could gather to eat and meet and greet ... NOT an event ... Poe's was convenient to where Andrew will bill staying ... perhaps a bit closer to Indy? ... any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

Southside Soda Shop in Goshen, Millers Pub in Andrews, Lagro Cafe in Lagro, Nick's Kitchen in Huntington, Lunch Box in Ft. Wayne, Rick's Cafe in Casablanca.... :laughing:

No offense ... but there were some geographical considerations...

I'll add The Ordinary in Wanamaker, 3 Little Pigs in Anderson, Edwards Drive-in in Indy, Mayberry Diner in Danville....

but I digress ...

Besides, Patrick is still barred from most of those places.

AndrewRJ,

If I can be so bold as to recommend that you don't waste too much time on Bloomington City Caches. Many/most of them are poorly maintained; or missing altogether.

If you pay attention to your pocket queries for the area (multiple DNFs), you'll be okay.

I didn't want you to waste precious caching time DNFing caches.

There's pretty good caching in Martinsville, imo. You won't have to travel too far to get some good caching in.

I agree that MMSF is quite cool and worth a visit. (But again, pay attention to the DNF factor!)

As to a place to gather, check out Ryan's. I hear that they'll let you use a room simply for asking. Surely there is one in the Martinsville/Bloomington area.

Look for Fire Mountain's too. They're Ryan's with a different name plate. Theres also a golden corral in bloomington.

However, If we're going as far out as Anderson. I'll recommend Art's Pizza on North Broadway in Anderson. Great Pizza. I'm always looking for an excuse to eat at Art's.

Let me know if you're meeting in the Indy Area or NE of it.

Torry

I am flexable and will have a car so I can meet up just about anywhere. I will differ to your judgment... :laughing: Did I just say that... :laughing:

Jeni

I have noticed that there is a level of non maintenence in almost every college town. I will most likely be caching for mostly fun more then numbers so hopefully I will be able to weed out the non starters.

Thank you for the warning.

Look for Fire Mountain's too. They're Ryan's with a different name plate. Theres also a golden corral in bloomington.

However, If we're going as far out as Anderson. I'll recommend Art's Pizza on North Broadway in Anderson. Great Pizza. I'm always looking for an excuse to eat at Art's.

I would hope closer to Indy as I am staying to the SW.

Working on it ... any favorites?

Gray's is good, I like the pie there. Other then that I have no real opinion.

Gray's is good, I like the pie there. Other then that I have no real opinion.

Have you ever tried to get into Gray's on a Sunday?