Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

We'll be at the Meet N Eat See ya there.

Funny Story to tell we were GEOCACHING IN INDIANA at Muncie to see the maze. We finished the maze and was enjoying the gift shop. I heard Fred talking with some people. I peeked out and say Hiya. Fred introduced Jeremiah and me. The next thing I hear is Oh Is that Jeremiah with the coins? We are still laughing out it. Jeremiah said Wow I'm famous.

Hot town summer in the city

Back of my neck getting dirt and gritty

Been down, isn't it a pity

Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around people looking half dead

Walking on the sidewalk hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world

Go out and find a girl

Come on, come on and dance all night

Despite the heat it will be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity

The days can't be like the night

In the summer in the city

In the summer in the city

Cool town, evening in the city

Dressed so fine and looking so pritty

Cool cat lookin for a kitty

Gonna look in every corner of the city

Till I'm weezin like a bus stop

Running up the stairs gonna meet ya on the roof top

;)

JUST IN FROM GEO-ISQ HQ IN BIPPUS INDIANA:

[GEO] ghost9mm contacting SixDogTeam from Geocaching.com‎

Sent: Tue 8/14/07 10:41 AM

--This message was sent through http://www.geocaching.com --

Hello...Again

My wife of 49 years and I would like to say a special thank you for your Spirit Quest Series..

We have been in Elkhart since June 28th and have been doing quite a bit of caching since we have been here,with the exception of 2 weeks that we had to go back to Pa. to take care of my 91 year old father who had a small stroke..but is doing fine now...He was shot down during a bombing raid over Germany in WWII and was saved by the french underground and sent back to England..I spent 8yr in the military and came back from Nam in 63...I am now 70 yrs old and retired...the reason for spending so much time here in IN. is we have a motorhome being repaired up here in Elkhart...and we will be leaving tomorrow.

But I did not want to leave before we sent you a special thank you for the series that HONORS ALL VETS...You have carried my wife and I to so many special places and to be able to give my fello Vets just one more final salute, warmed our hearts.So again thank you my friend for what you and your group have done to bring people to honor the old as well aS THE NEW..

My GOD BLESS YOU and your group....

Your Friends

Gary & Pat (ghost9mm)(Miss Pat)

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e5...3a-85a52469198d

Hello...Again

My wife of 49 years and I would like to say a special thank you for your Spirit Quest Series..

We have been in Elkhart since June 28th and have been doing quite a bit of caching since we have been here,with the exception of 2 weeks that we had to go back to Pa. to take care of my 91 year old father who had a small stroke..but is doing fine now...He was shot down during a bombing raid over Germany in WWII and was saved by the french underground and sent back to England..I spent 8yr in the military and came back from Nam in 63...I am now 70 yrs old and retired...the reason for spending so much time here in IN. is we have a motorhome being repaired up here in Elkhart...and we will be leaving tomorrow.

But I did not want to leave before we sent you a special thank you for the series that HONORS ALL VETS...You have carried my wife and I to so many special places and to be able to give my fello Vets just one more final salute, warmed our hearts.So again thank you my friend for what you and your group have done to bring people to honor the old as well aS THE NEW..

Your Friends

User's Profile:

That is such an awsome letter! I agree, it's nice to be able to take the time to remember our vets, they don't get "thanks you's" enough.

Hello...Again

Your Friends

User's Profile:

And that is what it is all about ! Remembering our veterens and those that pioneered the way for the lifestyles we enjoy today !

Star

I think that Geocachers in Indiana are all sleeping these days away ... is it all the rain ???

Star

Now's a good time to try and crack some of the puzzle caches out there. Like this one Dummy Cache or Mona Lisa Smile

I for one am kind of stuck for a while using Google Maps in searching until my GPS gets back from the shop. So I sit by the computer with nothing else to do.

Boy that was confusing... the Silver Peak Jeep that I started off on its way last year was parked at possum hollow (GCPQC1) which is an ammo box in IL.

I own Possum Hollow (GCY0TH) a micro in IN!

I even made a side trip Friday to check on it as I couldn't figure out how a TB could be placed in a hide-a-key!

Just figured it out! Such a small world!

Gunpowder

Mike

Boy that was confusing... the Silver Peak Jeep that I started off on its way last year was parked at possum hollow (GCPQC1) which is an ammo box in IL.

I own Possum Hollow (GCY0TH) a micro in IN!

I even made a side trip Friday to check on it as I couldn't figure out how a TB could be placed in a hide-a-key!

Just figured it out! Such a small world!

Gunpowder

Mike

It certainly is .... Hope your wife is doing well Gunpowder !

Star

Star

Went to DR in Indy Friday. Cancer counts indicate that the cancer is slowly coming back but she is not scheduled to go back to DR till January. the cancer is still relatively low/just registering on the radar but still higher than it was early this spring when we stopped treatments for a well deserved break.

I pray that it is slow growing. We assume it is. Also pray that assuming treatment starts in January that it works again and beats it back down.

Those interested in the cancer Multiple Myeloma can check out GC11Y27

*gets up on soap box*

Sorry gang but I am just really angry with the people that are trying to say that this football player Vick is not being treated fairly ... because he is "black" .... I have never heard such a bunch of CARP in my life !!!!

DOG fighting is purely an EVIL practice ... And there is also not much of a comparision in that they are trying to make it the same as deer hunting .. SCUSE ME ! .... I am not a big advocate of hunting either but I do know the forking Differance between Dog Fighting and Hunting .....

*sorry for this breif inturruption , I really like doggies ... geocaching ones , well all of them *

A Dog is always there for his "family" .....

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Geocaching in Indiana format !

Star

Greetings from Kokomo, IN!

I am Brand Spanking new to the Geo Cache Hunt. Two guys I work with started about a month ago and both bought their GPS devices before starting to hunt. I on the other hand just started and have yet to buy a GPS since they are so expensive... I had a fun time finding my first cache with my 3 year old daughter. The best I can do so far is to enter the coordinates into Google Earth and see "About" where the cache is then go looking for it blindly. It is still great fun, just will be 5 or 6 months before I can afford a cheap gps.

If you are ever in the Kokomo area, Hit one of us up. I wouldn't mind tagging along on a hunt to see how it is done the right way.

L8r,

DJ Lost

If you are ever in the Kokomo area, Hit one of us up. I wouldn't mind tagging along on a hunt to see how it is done the right way.

L8r,

DJ Lost

Might have to take you up on this offer next time I'm down there to visit my parents. '84 graduate of Haworth High.

Star

Went to DR in Indy Friday. Cancer counts indicate that the cancer is slowly coming back but she is not scheduled to go back to DR till January. the cancer is still relatively low/just registering on the radar but still higher than it was early this spring when we stopped treatments for a well deserved break.

I pray that it is slow growing. We assume it is. Also pray that assuming treatment starts in January that it works again and beats it back down.

Those interested in the cancer Multiple Myeloma can check out GC11Y27

I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers!

I am Brand Spanking new to the Geo Cache Hunt. Two guys I work with started about a month ago and both bought their GPS devices before starting to hunt. I on the other hand just started and have yet to buy a GPS since they are so expensive... I had a fun time finding my first cache with my 3 year old daughter. The best I can do so far is to enter the coordinates into Google Earth and see "About" where the cache is then go looking for it blindly. It is still great fun, just will be 5 or 6 months before I can afford a cheap gps.

L8r,

DJ Lost

Welcome!

I bought a cheap old GPS on e-bay for my first caching trip, it got lousy reception but I still managed to find several caches with it before I upgraded to an etrex legend. As long as you have fun though it's all good. :anibad:

Don't forget to get me names for nametags. The picnic is just around the corner and I want everyone to have a nametag if they are going to be there. I have a few that have signed up on the cache page but have not sent me their first name or how many is going to be there. You can email me at this address.

jprairie@rtccom.net

Thanks Prairiepartners

Pam

Here is an list of nametag info I need. Thanks

Still need nametag info for the following:

B n J

BIG Mama K

guinnessfc

Happy Squid

IC1

InButterfly

IndyCouple

Lumpy & the Butternuts

LegoCoach

moondoggie30

paddleingwinos

Ravenhwk

Son Of Cyclops

TVNewsBiz

Ubear & Stinky

Wabashbanks

Also the ones that just signed up or will be signing up.

See you all at the picnic!!!

Pam (Prairiepartners)

jprairie@rtccom.net

Just want to send out a HUGE thank you to everyone that showed up in support of the first C.W.O.B. sponsored event Saturday. We had 42 teams sign in for this Meet & Eat! I never did get a head count, but there were a LOT of us. Thanks go out to the NEI crew that made the drive over, as well as the Michigan and Illinois people that came. We even had a team from Nevada show up! I look forward to seeing many more of you at the PCC in a few weeks!

Here is an list of nametag info I need. Thanks

Still need nametag info for the following:

B n J

BIG Mama K

guinnessfc

Happy Squid

IC1

InButterfly

IndyCouple

Lumpy & the Butternuts

LegoCoach

moondoggie30

paddleingwinos

Ravenhwk

Son Of Cyclops

TVNewsBiz

Ubear & Stinky

Wabashbanks

Also the ones that just signed up or will be signing up.

See you all at the picnic!!!

Pam (Prairiepartners)

jprairie@rtccom.net

Count me in. Reservation made at the campground.

Wolverine Warriors hit #2000 on our Heffalumps in Town cache today. WTG!

Wulf

CONGRATS!!!!

(especially to Ali) :o

Yeah, it's kind of scary, she hasn't even reached 2 y.o. yet and she's already got almost 1/2 of our numbers. And we managed to get 1000 caches in just less than a year....WOOHOO!! And once we get back from your event and the 4 state run Justin has planned...who knows...maybe we'll be getting close to you "old timer" :rolleyes::(:D

Yeah, it's kind of scary, she hasn't even reached 2 y.o. yet and she's already got almost 1/2 of our numbers. And we managed to get 1000 caches in just less than a year....WOOHOO!! And once we get back from your event and the 4 state run Justin has planned...who knows...maybe we'll be getting close to you "old timer" :lol::D:D

Bring it on! Just remember: anyone who caches less than you is a slacker. Anyone who caches more than you is obsessive/compulsive.

(guess which one you are) :D

Congrats to ClayC!

You know I poured some concrete a little bit west of there last spring, real close to the Illinoise line. That's a pretty long drive from here, was three or four hours round trip counting unloading time.

Thta's a cool looking cache but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to solve it, I ever figure that out I might be able to find a few puzzles myself someday. :)

Man, not a good day for caching for me...only 5/10. Sheesh. I used to geocache somewhere else, moved to Indy and restarted here. Either they're harder here...or I just hit a string of bad luck! Ouch! :)

Ive had one of those days before!!! Cant ever seem to catch a break. But I must ask, if you were caching somewhere else, why didnt you keep your other name/finds?

clay

Hey everyone! Haven't posted in a long time, but here's the bad and the good.

July 11, 2007, we lost our German Shepherd Zoe-dog who loved to go caching because it meant going for a ride and a walk! She lived a good life and was doing very well until she because suddenly ill. After 5 days and a diagnosis of liver failure, I chose to let her go. She was just shy of 13 years old. Zoe's last cache was in November of last year.

July 21, 2007, I couldn't stand a dog-less house (although the cat enjoyed it) and found a new little girl. I fell in love with her on sight and so did my hubby. The hubby and I brought her home to test her out, and she never left! We named her Morgan and she's now about 8-1/2months old and is part black lab/German Shepherd/mountain goat/woodchuck. She found her first geocaching this weekend while we were in Pennsylvania.

A big thank you to one of our local adoption agencies PetsConnect.org for giving us joy again. I found Morgan through PetFinder.com which links animal shelters and adoption agencies.

Here's a photo of the new girl. Eat your heart out Patrick!

894430141_3bc2d54cea_m.jpg

Edited by hide & seekers

Greetings to all again,

I took the plunge this weekend and bought a Magellan eXplorist 400. This is my first GPS device and now I am learning to use it. Thanks to all those who wrote me to suggest where I could find an affordable unit, your help is greatly appreciated. I can now strike out on my own searches instead of following others.

Thanks again!

Lost

snip..

July 11, 2007, we lost our German Shepherd Zoe-dog who loved to go caching because it meant going for a ride and a walk! snip..

July 21, 2007, I couldn't stand a dog-less house (although the cat enjoyed it) and found a new little girl. I fell in love with her on sight and so did my hubby. The hubby and I brought her home to test her out, and she never left! We named her Morgan and she's now about 8-1/2months old and is part black lab/German Shepherd/mountain goat/woodchuck. She found her first geocaching this weekend while we were in Pennsylvania.

snip..

Sorry about your loss. I know how much a dog can fill your heart and warm your home. Mine's been with me for 9 years. Not sure what I'll do when he finally goes. I just wish he liked car rides. Always gets sick. So, he's a stay at home dog. Glad you found someone else to join your family. Best wishes for a long, fun and happy life together.

hide & seekers that is a fine looking new friend you have there, I salute you.

DJ Lost, glad to hear you almost have a GPSr now. When you get a Garmin your journey to the darkside will be complete. :D

Now, WOOHOO, my new toys arrived today. Out of curiosity mostly I ordered one of the new large pelican cases and the three pack of lock-n-locks from Groundspeak along with a couple of micro cases and some assorted knick-knacks.

The pelican case sure looks nice but at $24.00 I'll have to find a spot worthy of it, just sticking it under a log with some sticks piled on it won't do. Since I'm not incredibly creative it may take me awhile to think up the perfect hide for it, suggestions welcomed.

:D