Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

What's the story on Potato Creek and all the new caches going in in that area? I figured they were outside the park but a friend said there are several new ones inside the park. Are cachers sticking it to the DNR 200 acre rule or is that property manager pro geocaching and ignoring the rule?

What's the story on Potato Creek and all the new caches going in in that area? I figured they were outside the park but a friend said there are several new ones inside the park. Are cachers sticking it to the DNR 200 acre rule or is that property manager pro geocaching and ignoring the rule?

There are several on the perimeter by 501_Gang, but theres also several inside the park. I'm not sure if they meet the rule or not, but they're there, and thats what counts. They were placed for the spring picnic, which may be why some rules got bent a little for them. I found all of the caches in and on the perimeter of the park in one day.

There are several on the perimeter by 501_Gang, but theres also several inside the park. I'm not sure if they meet the rule or not, but they're there, and thats what counts. They were placed for the spring picnic, which may be why some rules got bent a little for them. I found all of the caches in and on the perimeter of the park in one day.

If I remember correctly, I thought that some of them were placed inside the park with the intention being to help with the formation of some newer trails the park wanted to add. I could be way off base on this but I thought I heard someone explaining it that way.

If I remember correctly, I thought that some of them were placed inside the park with the intention being to help with the formation of some newer trails the park wanted to add. I could be way off base on this but I thought I heard someone explaining it that way.

So the dnr is using INDIANA GEOCACHERS to break trail???? :angry:

So the dnr is using INDIANA GEOCACHERS to break trail???? :o

And why not? We can trample the underbrush with the best of them. :ph34r:

Gunpowder,

I think I got a note from you regarding this, and must of lost it.

I don't know all the specifics, but can tell you I did a quick search around the park, I counted 17 caches (minus the events, and perimeter caches). At 3000 acres, the DNR guidelines should come out to around 15 allowed in the park. A few more caches were created this spring. They were created by Mary and Gary Adventurers with the assistance of the Potato Creek staff to ensure they were not in sensitive areas.

Some of the guidelines are flexible in my opinion. Personally, I am pretty liberal on the placement distance from trails, in different habitats where social trails do not develop easily.

Any other specifics at Potato Creek would be best directed to their nature center.

Cacher formerly known as Pokagon Nature Center

Thanks - I just been seeing a lot of new caches in that area pop up on my e-mails in the last month or two and haven't hit them yet to see if they were in or around the park. Not worth asking Tim (Naturalist) about them. Will make for a productive trip for anyone looking for several caches in a concentrated community.

Gunpowder

Congratulations to jtbrady01 for being only the 9th person to find Zymurgist's Unclaimed Lands #6: Lost Bridge cache in Ft. Wayne. This cache was placed in may of 2003! ^_^

This cache is on the list for the Hall of Shame, in that 18 geocachers have claimed smilies on it without retrieving it or signing the log... :D

CLICK HERE TO READ THE CONFESSIONS :)

Nice Avatar Rick ... who took the picture for you .

We are kind of slacking with this one as it was hit a while ago now but......

Congrats to SixDogTeam for hitting 1100 cache finds!!!

WTG RICK!!!!!

WE ARE LEAVING FOR MWGB2007 IN AN HOUR. ALL INDIANA HELLOERS ARE INVITED TO STOP BY AND SAY HI! AT OUR TENT IN AREA 51--BRING COLD BEER--

--Lead Dog and Patrick

;):o;)

WTG RICK!!!!!

WE ARE LEAVING FOR MWGB2007 IN AN HOUR. ALL INDIANA HELLOERS ARE INVITED TO STOP BY AND SAY HI! AT OUR TENT IN AREA 51--BRING COLD BEER--

--Lead Dog and Patrick

:laughing::anibad::anibad:

Congrates on the finds and have a blast at the bash, no way I can make it. ON the + side the couty fair starts tomorrow in Greencastle and runs all next week so I'll be eating BAD next week. :P

WTG RICK!!!!!

--Lead Dog and Patrick

:rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure:

Congrates on the finds and have a blast at the bash, no way I can make it. ON the + side the couty fair starts tomorrow in Greencastle and runs all next week so I'll be eating BAD next week. :D

C'mon down to the Johnson County Fair. I'm announcing the demo derbies this week.

WTG RICK!!!!!

--Lead Dog and Patrick

:rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure:

Congratulations SixDogTeam and I hope you have fun at the bash! :D

Congrates on the finds and have a blast at the bash, no way I can make it. ON the + side the couty fair starts tomorrow in Greencastle and runs all next week so I'll be eating BAD next week. :ninja:

C'mon down to the Johnson County Fair. I'm announcing the demo derbies this week.

Sounds great, but it looks like tomorrow is the last day and I have to work tomorrow.

I'll second that!

BTW, the cache page for the Mississinnewa Geocaching Chalenge is up and running...

CLICK HERE

:P:P:unsure::(:P

Wow! If you haven't looked, SixDogTeam has put up, in my opinion, the most beautiful background photo for that event! I'd like details... it doesn't look like Hominy. Which waterfall. I'm sure you have a cache nearby.

I'll second that!

BTW, the cache page for the Mississinnewa Geocaching Chalenge is up and running...

CLICK HERE

:P:P:P:(:P

Wow! If you haven't looked, SixDogTeam has put up, in my opinion, the most beautiful background photo for that event! I'd like details... it doesn't look like Hominy. Which waterfall. I'm sure you have a cache nearby.

That is a pic of heaven , taken by angels...

BTW, back from BASH, have loads of great photos of distaff cachers getting drunk and doing unspeakable things at the campfire. Email me for details on how to make out the checks, before you see them here. You know who you are. :):):D:D:P:P:lol::huh::o

I'll second that!

CLICK HERE

:P:P:P:P:)

That is a pic of heaven , taken by angels...

BTW, back from BASH, have loads of great photos of distaff cachers getting drunk and doing unspeakable things at the campfire. Email me for details on how to make out the checks, before you see them here. You know who you are. :):D:D:lol::huh::o:(:P:P

The person in those photos is NOT me! I swear, I have an evil twin!

The Shadow, myserious character who aids the forces of law and order, is in reality Lamont Cranston, wealthy young man about town. The Shadow learned, years ago while in the orient, the curious power of clouding mens' minds so they cannot see him. Only the lovely Margo Lane knows the true identity of the Shadow, and of course, anyone who is reading this note. --Britt Reid ;):mad:;)

The Shadow learned, years ago while in the orient, the curious power of clouding mens' minds so they cannot see him.

See! It is Genoist!

When's the last time anyone saw him?

Over course that part about clouding minds kinda reminds me of LeadDog, hang on! I got an email saying HE was The Shadow!

Now I'm really confused.

Wulf

I think Genoist is a sock puppet.