Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

*found on MiGO forums*

"Well Saturday Ali KAt hit 500 on a caching two state trip. She has really been pushing us to so that she could get the 500 hundred milestone. She always wakes us up at 7 am on the weekends wanting to go caching and pushes us to dark and if we stop to long she throws a fit and to make things worse she makes us drive her all over and she takes naps on the way to caches when we cant. Now she is already starting on her next goal of 1000 by the time she turns two. "

Wulf

Congratulations to Nuthouse for their find #100 at Riverview Trek #9: Real Forks of the Wabash by SixDogTeam and Trickworm. Brass Monkeys, Random Find, Yarde Sale and Recutie and Team Soup joined in for this historic event!

be666b22-3f24-456e-b9e0-5324185dbd80.jpg

:D

Congratulations Nuthouse! :mad: :mad:

"I'm standing here cooling my feet."

"I'm sitting here peeing while you're all standing around."

"I'm sitting here peeing while you're all standing around."

Torry you are one sick puppy :)

Someday. Somewhere. I'll be at a geocaching event and some pre-teen girl I've never met will walk up to me and kick me in the shin.

I'll probably deserve it.

You say that like it has not happened before :)

Why do you think I can make the statement with such certainty?

I say, hide 'em in the dead of winter, then read the logs of the poor slobs who have to bushwack thru shoulder high bushes and grass to get to 'em in the summer!!!

June 15 by Brass Monkeys (86 found)

We found this one with Nut House and Swamp Foot, and not without some effort.

We weren't going to try it today because of the severity of the underbrush, but after some indecisiveness we went in after it. Big mistake! The grass was exactly face-high, so when you knocked the seed loose you got a mouth full, and of course because we were all hot and sweaty we were soon completely covered in the stuff. I was not having fun at the moment.

We finally got to where the GPS lead us and searched for a bit to no avail, but there was no way we were leaving without the find after the horrible trip in. So we ventured over to the most logical place it would be, despite what the GPS said, and Swamp Foot found it in short order.

Unless you like serious bushwhacking, I would wait on this one until the grass wasn't so tall.

Thanks for the hide.

[view this log on a separate page]

June 2 by GoPhast (515 found)

06/02/2007 GC11AM5 6:35pm. TNLN SL TFTC. This was the bloodiest bushwhack of the day for me, I took off He77 bent for leather as the crow flies. Only got about 400' in and I was acosted by the biggest thorn bush I had ever seen in my life today. Said screw that, turned around, got outta there and found a path (superhighway compared the first attempt), rest of it was a little b'whackin' but not much. Started to rain as I was leaving GZ, but had quit as I reached the dirt road. Cache was in great shape, thanks for the trip.

[view this log on a separate page]

heh,heh,heh!! B)B)B):P:anitongue:

Got a question for those of you from the Indy area. As I've gone down and cached there I've noticed that Indy has an abundance of micros. Many of which are found in areas where I would expect a lock n lock or an ammo box. Is it the local park district rules or something else?

Got a question for those of you from the Indy area. As I've gone down and cached there I've noticed that Indy has an abundance of micros. Many of which are found in areas where I would expect a lock n lock or an ammo box. Is it the local park district rules or something else?

It's frustrating, I know. Keep in mind that there are not a lot of places that the local indigent population don't visit. Also, many of the local parks have seen several generations of caches as cachers have come and gone.

The down side is that there aren't a lot of caches that are fun for kids (or those of us who like the goodies at the end). The upside is that there are many caches in the downtown area for those who are just passing through. We get a lot of travellers, convention-goers, etc., downtown who can grab some finds during a lunch break.

... but there's always the Southside Times cache to make up for it ....

It's frustrating, I know. Keep in mind that there are not a lot of places that the local indigent population don't visit. Also, many of the local parks have seen several generations of caches as cachers have come and gone.

The down side is that there aren't a lot of caches that are fun for kids (or those of us who like the goodies at the end). The upside is that there are many caches in the downtown area for those who are just passing through. We get a lot of travellers, convention-goers, etc., downtown who can grab some finds during a lunch break.

Well, I've been caching mainly closer to Greenwood as that is where my family currently lives down there. I would be just as happy to bop from ISQ to ISQ, but I have 9 year old nephew who likes ammo cans. Okay, I am trying to finish IMM's "A little Indy Magic" series...but at 2 caches a visit it will take us quite a while....

But I'll make sure I have SS times cache in my database for my next trip down there. Any others you can suggest I can take the kid to?

Well, I've been caching mainly closer to Greenwood as that is where my family currently lives down there. I would be just as happy to bop from ISQ to ISQ, but I have 9 year old nephew who likes ammo cans. Okay, I am trying to finish IMM's "A little Indy Magic" series...but at 2 caches a visit it will take us quite a while....

But I'll make sure I have SS times cache in my database for my next trip down there. Any others you can suggest I can take the kid to?

Ruster Park and Southeastway Park on the east side ... and not horribly far from several in Beech Grove. Southwestway park on the (duh) southwest side of town has some real caches. Garfield Park is convenient and has a large cache ... that tends to get muggled regularly.

Last year we started a series called The Gas Saver Series, it contains a mixture of caches sizes, Micros to ammo cans. A minimum of 5 caches per area so that you can park the car, grab at least 5 caches before you have to drive again.

If you go to GCW9XX you will find a bookmark that contains all the caches in the series.

So if your ever in the Michigan City, IN area (NW Indiana) save some gas and do the GSS!

An era in GEOCACHING in INDIANA came to a close today for us with the death of my Maggie GPS 310. Dropped it on the garage floor this morning; I guess dropping it number 866 was just once too many.

So now, I am going to be forced to use my back-up, a GARMIN etrex personal navigator. I made the mistake of buying it for 77 dollars in Aldi's about a year ago. Tried to use it, but really, come on --so user unfriendly and inaccurate as he77. So took the fun out of it. I've never shopped in Aldi's drunk since.

So what, you say? Well, it means that the old 310, that found a thousand hides and hid 400 more with awesome accuracy ( and beat 400 buck garmins in more than one head to head contests in deep canopy, will not be used in future hides from the Sixdogteam. So you can expect anywhere from 20 to 50 feet off on our coords from now on. We Will put a disclaimer on all further cache pages, tho.

Goodbye old friend. :unsure::D:D

Rick,

We are so very sorry to hear of your loss! I know the pain you feel. Just keep your head up, and remain strong. You will get through this. Those of us that try to find any new hides of yours however, may be forced to come after you with pitchforks!

On another note. Not to long back, we got a Garmin gps72 at La Mart Du Wal for $75.00. It's nothing fancy, but get's the job done. You may want to keep your eye out for a sale like that.

An era in GEOCACHING in INDIANA came to a close today for us with the death of my Maggie GPS 310. Dropped it on the garage floor this morning; I guess dropping it number 866 was just once too many.

So now, I am going to be forced to use my back-up, a GARMIN etrex personal navigator. I made the mistake of buying it for 77 dollars in Aldi's about a year ago. Tried to use it, but really, come on --so user unfriendly and inaccurate as he77. So took the fun out of it. I've never shopped in Aldi's drunk since.

So what, you say? Well, it means that the old 310, that found a thousand hides and hid 400 more with awesome accuracy ( and beat 400 buck garmins in more than one head to head contests in deep canopy, will not be used in future hides from the Sixdogteam. So you can expect anywhere from 20 to 50 feet off on our coords from now on. We Will put a disclaimer on all further cache pages, tho.

Goodbye old friend. :D:D:D

Well it's about time. and I would like to say the Yellow Etrex which you have is the most USERFRIENDLY unit out there ask any 10 year old thay will tell you. and as for cords being off I don't think nothing will change with that. :unsure::lol::o

So Rick Why don't you have a event so we can say our farewells.

also you can make the spot a ISQ well the unit you had hid everyone of them isq's you placed.

well have fun and if you need any help with the unit let me know.

your pal.

Buddaman

Goodbye old friend. B):angry:B)

B)B)

My GPS 315 mourns the loss of a comrade.

Goodbye old friend. :o:ph34r::D

:o:lol:

My GPS 315 mourns the loss of a comrade.

He'll just have to trust Patrick's nose and other skills.

... yeah, right. He is SO lost.

GOT THIS FROM GOOGLE EARTH:

Angelina Jolie’s Geocache Tattoo

Everything “geo” is so trendy right now that you can’t turn around twice with someone geocoding this or placemarking that.

In fact it’s so trendy that even Hollywood actresses are getting in on the act with Angelina Jolie’s latest tattoo featuring 4 latitude and longitude cordinates1.

Plugging the coordinates into Google Earth, the first leads us to Cambodia. This is supposedly where her first son, Maddox, was born.

Specifically, the lat/long leads us to a pond just outside the airport but I guess she was just aiming for the general area.

Following the next coordinate we are led to Ethiopia’s capital of Addis Abeba, where the eldest daughter Zahara was born.

For her third coordinate Angelina has gone a bit more specific, pointing to the Namibian beach resort of Swakopmund. This is where she gave birth to Brad Pitt’s baby Shiloh.

And lastly on our tour Angelina takes us to Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city in Vietnam, Where world famous Geocacher "Lead Dog" spent three glorious months in 1971, where latest addition Pax Thien was born.

Of course, if she wanted to be really up-to-the-minute she should have had a KML file tattooed down her arm instead :angry:

:angry:

We were lucky enough to buy a house VERY close to this cache (no, not on purpose) and our 5-year-old loves to walk down and visit it every now and then to trade out trinkets. I also swap out BookCrossing selections - it's a terrific cache.

We were lucky enough to buy a house VERY close to this cache (no, not on purpose) and our 5-year-old loves to walk down and visit it every now and then to trade out trinkets. I also swap out BookCrossing selections - it's a terrific cache.

... and don't forget to get your copy of the Southside Times.

I'm a regular columnist now <brag-brag>.