Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

There was a database upgrade to the site last night and we notice a few additional features have popped up this morning, most notably the "logged visits" number that appears on top of the logs on cache pages now features a count by log-type icon. That's pretty cool! Speaking of cool, here is an interesting log we received last night:

This is an automated message from Geocaching

You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

trickworm found PATRICK'S LOST BRIDGE TOUR #6 (Traditional Cache) at 5/16/2007

Log Date: 5/16/2007

GPS took me to a spot with a view, but for some reason I thought that my

coordinates must be wrong because this location wasn't similar to the rest of

the tour, I decided to sit down are rest while I checked them out. They were

correct. Then I thought to myself, do you suppose that I am sitting on the

cache? Sure enough, there it was. I'll bet that I can't do that again!!

Thanks for the walk in the woods

Trickworm

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...a2-13ac58dc8450

Visit PATRICK'S LOST BRIDGE TOUR #6

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ce-a580369c99ee

Profile for trickworm:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=e5...40-115cd071f316[/color]

B)B)B):D

Another really cool new feature that popped up this morning is the way we veiw photos uploaded to cache logs. They are now visible as thumbnails. Click on one for a really cool psychodelic slide show. It amazes me how great this website is!!

Speaking of cool pics, here is one from the spring Picnic, taken by Deermark. I know the caching names of everybody whose face appears in this p hoto, do you? First one to name everyone correctly wins a 1972 Jeep DJ7 bent bumper, if I can find it in the barn.

a5a418d2-8b55-41f6-bf04-ccc76c60ce09.jpg

:DB)B)

Another really cool new feature that popped up this morning is the way we veiw photos uploaded to cache logs. They are now visible as thumbnails. Click on one for a really cool psychodelic slide show. It amazes me how great this website is!!

Speaking of cool pics, here is one from the spring Picnic, taken by Deermark. I know the caching names of everybody whose face appears in this p hoto, do you? First one to name everyone correctly wins a 1972 Jeep DJ7 bent bumper, if I can find it in the barn.

B)B):D

L-R

Superstuz,Earthdog Patrick, Wheeldog, Mrs.CrossingNomads, Leaddog, FloatingSpots, Buddaman,Myself(Shydog), Reviewer HILTS(Lord Elwood), Fred-THF

Bonus-Dougsmileys arm

Hi Indiana cachers. Mike in Indianapolis here.

Know about geocaching for several years but just never did it much. Did 2 the other day though! Been taking my Venture Cx around with me as I drive around and had already loaded it with 500 caches. Found one in a cemetary I have a relative in and one in a nearby business.

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I hope to see some of you out there soon.

Theres a new "friends" feature now too. I sent out a few, but I know I could sit here all day sending them out. It doesn't really seem to do much now, but hopefully it will in the future.

So far I like all of the new site features.

Maybe somebody could enlighten us on the Friends List--it keeps you apprised or their stats, and I guess is a good as a contact resource, but I guess I don't really see what else it does... :D

B):DB)

L-R

Superstuz,Earthdog Patrick, Wheeldog, Mrs.CrossingNomads, Leaddog, FloatingSpots, Buddaman,Myself(Shydog), Reviewer HILTS(Lord Elwood), Fred-THF

Bonus-Dougsmileys arm

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

(If RH is not LE, now is the time to LTCOOTB)

Know about geocaching for several years but just never did it much. Did 2 the other day though! Been taking my Venture Cx around with me as I drive around and had already loaded it with 500 caches. Found one in a cemetary I have a relative in and one in a nearby business.

Hiya Mike,

Welcome to the addiction! Before you know it, that 2 will become 200, and then 500....oh, it all happens so fast!

Amber

momma of "The Herd"

Welcome Back! If you see a little white dog in the woods, that'd be me!! :D

:DB)B)

L-R

Bonus-Dougsmileys arm

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

(If RH is not LE, now is the time to LTCOOTB)

Cool, I will just pick my prize up after the "Sixdog Team Barn CITO event" B)

Hiya!

Hope you're having fun!

Reviewer HILTS(Lord Elwood)

:D:D<_< Poor Elwood

incorrect editing--that quote is from Team Shydog...

Just the buzz I heard on the trail. No known proof that I am aware of. :D

Looks like it will be a great day for GEOCACHING IN INDIANA tomorrow, or PAINTING THE KITCHEN CABINETS in INDIANA. Sorry that is the other forum I belong too. :D

Reviewer HILTS(Lord Elwood)

:D<_<:D Poor Elwood

incorrect editing--that quote is from Team Shydog...

Just the buzz I heard on the trail. No known proof that I am aware of. :D

Looks like it will be a great day for GEOCACHING IN INDIANA tomorrow, or PAINTING THE KITCHEN CABINETS in INDIANA. Sorry that is the other forum I belong too. :D

I'm beginning to suspect Elwood is not the new Reviewer... :D

Attempted to go GEOCACHING in INDIANA on saturday.

My g/f and I took Carrie (dog I found while geocaching a few months ago). I've got a lot of respect for people who can take dogs geocaching. Anyway, first DNF was due to a muggle, second one we had sketchy satallite lock and lots of terrain where it *could* have been. After that dog was tired. Will post up some Pics in need of captions as soon as I can get #$*&!! sprint to give me access to them.

Found 8 ticks though! Only one had latched on and needed to be removed.

My g/f and I took Carrie (dog I found while geocaching a few months ago). I've got a lot of respect for people who can take dogs geocaching. Anyway, first DNF was due to a muggle, second one we had sketchy satallite lock and lots of terrain where it *could* have been. After that dog was tired. Will post up some Pics in need of captions as soon as I can get #$*&!! sprint to give me access to them.

Hello?

Hello?

Alright, not a caching pic but knock yourself out. :D

07.jpg

We are not sure if this is the forum to turn to for this subject, but we will give it a try.

Recently, Central Indiana caches are getting muggled. :) This is happening to both regular, and premium-member-only caches as well. The culprit is among us. :cry:

Most of these caches contain large numbers of trackables in them. A calling card has been left behind by the person(s) doing this. They steal the trackables, dump used oil in the container, then leave behind the logbook with their personal comment for the cache owner to read.

Please contact us if you have had a similiar experience, so that we may discuss.

Thanks,

KIP

We are not sure if this is the forum to turn to for this subject, but we will give it a try.

Recently, Central Indiana caches are getting muggled. :) This is happening to both regular, and premium-member-only caches as well. The culprit is among us. :cry:

Most of these caches contain large numbers of trackables in them. A calling card has been left behind by the person(s) doing this. They steal the trackables, dump used oil in the container, then leave behind the logbook with their personal comment for the cache owner to read.

Please contact us if you have had a similiar experience, so that we may discuss.

Thanks,

KIP

I've been giving alot of thought to this in the last week, since the last cache I found was not just stolen, as so many have been recently. It was vandalized. Not wanting to give this cache maggot the strokes he seeks by discussing this in much detail, I'll just say this:

This is not a muggle. This person clearly enjoys the hunt as much as we do, but his agenda is different once he finds the cache. (yes, it's a he. Has to be, and you can ask me in a PM if you want to know my proof.) This person is seeking attention and would love nothing more than to be villified at length in these forums, so though I have much to say, I won't say it here.

My thought on this subject is simple:

4e1zy2.jpg

:D

how much and where?

Many stores carry them. Gander Mountain comes to my head right away. I've also seen them in the hunting section at Wal-Mart. I've used them before, and got neat shots of local wildlife (however my area was baited with Mink Urine!... don't ask me where I got that!). :D

I think $79 would be an average starting price for them, but they can easily go into the $100-200 range. :D

Should be able to distinguish. Cacher will log it 90% of the time. You would need to check it often, and as soon as it was bothered, you'd look at the previous pictures.

Use one that it has been done to a bunch of times, like TVNewsBiz's TB hotel on I-70. Say something that will entice him. "Left a bunch of TBs" or something of a similar nature.

Extra photos would be kind of fun to post on the cache page (so long as the cacher was OK with it).

So now you have a picture of the scumbag... :D

What are you going to do with it :D ? Even if you could identify the person, what then? :D

Then the real fun starts. :anibad::anibad::o:D

I know of a few ways to deal with this thief.

Better listen to him. he's big, and he's from chicago... :o

Speaking of Chicago, I know where it's at. but does anybody havae a clue where "Muncie" is? Is it within a reasonable drive of Bippus? the reason I ask...

I. Join Us for the Grand Opening of the GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Groundspeak, in partnership with Trimble and Minotaur Maze Exhibits, is pleased

to announce the creation of a new exhibit designed to teach people of all ages

about navigation, GPS technology and geocaching.

GPS Adventures is a hands-on traveling exhibit that features GPS technology-its

history, current uses and future possibilities; and simulates geocaching by

leading visitors through a 2,500 square foot maze rich with interactive

experiences.

In honor of the exhibit's national premiere on June 2nd at Minnetrista, a museum

and cultural center located in Muncie, IN, a geocaching event will be held from

2 - 4 p.m. Join visitors from Groundspeak, exhibit creator Minotaur Maze

Exhibits, development sponsor Trimble and technology contributor Magellan for an

opening ceremony and meet-and-greet, and enter a drawing to win a free GPS

receiver. Then be among the first to experience the GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit!

For those who can't make it we'll be uploading pictures of the event. In the

next week we'll also be launching a new web site that describes the traveling

maze in more detail.

For more information about this event, exhibit and related activities, please

visit Minnetrista's web site below.

http://www.minnetrista.net/

they call this an event, but I don't think you get a smilie. Sound worthwhile? Will Jeremy be there? Heidi? Angelina Jolie? Anybody want to carpool? It says Muncie is in IN... :D

Speaking of Chicago, I know where it's at. but does anybody havae a clue where "Muncie" is? Is it within a reasonable drive of Bippus? the reason I ask...

The real question is where the heck is Bippus?

Of course, I did a google search and learned that it's near Ft Wayne. Huh, ya learn something every day, if you aren't careful. :laughing:

I see the cache page has popped up for the Muncie Event. Guess Groundspeak can break their own rules when convenient, in terms of the two weeks notice deal for events...But, having said that (you know I couldn't resist), looks like a cool deal. We'll go if we can catch a ride with some northerners... :laughing::anicute::unsure:

Will Jeremy be there? Heidi? Angelina Jolie? [/b] :anicute:

I was just kidding, but it looks as if Jeremy is scheduled to give a speach... No word on Angelina yet...

Who cares about Angelina, It looks like Shauna is going to be there :laughing:

We will have to give the Groundspeak Lackeys a warm welcoming too GEOCACHING IN INDIANA

Edited by Team Shydog