Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

This is not the place for accusations. If you have 100% proof of it, then you should contact one of the other reviewers or someone from Groundspeak directly with the evidence you have.

Either that or quit stirring the pot.

(O|||||||O)

Why does everyone keep saying "This is not the place"? I beg to differ. This thread is for Indiana Geocachers to chat about geocaching related topics. You would be a fool to think it will all be positive all the time. Sure the complaint should be addressed through the proper channels, maybe it has, but don't you wanna know about what's happening in your backyard? Several folks were asking why Gecko made a sudden departure and the question was simply being answered.

This is not the place for accusations. If you have 100% proof of it, then you should contact one of the other reviewers or someone from Groundspeak directly with the evidence you have.

(O|||||||O)

Why does everyone keep saying "This is not the place"? I beg to differ. This thread is for Indiana Geocachers to chat about geocaching related topics. You would be a fool to think it will all be positive all the time. Sure the complaint should be addressed through the proper channels, maybe it has, but don't you wanna know about what's happening in your backyard? Several folks were asking why Gecko made a sudden departure and the question was simply being answered.

This is not the place because Groundspeak has guidelines about posting certain things. Accusations and stuff like that are not allowed here. If you have complain about a reviewer then write reviewers@geocaching.com and file a complaint.

(O|||||||O)

I guess the forums are a place to talk about sports and how many finds people have and no one wants to hear the truth. These forums are something else if you speak your mind your log is deleted. If you tell the truth and it offends someone your log will be deleted. So from now on I will just read and laugh at all of this or ask who won the game last weekend. If anyone wants to talk about real geocaching topics please visit this cache page I'm the hidder and will allow notes to discuss what ever you want http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...8f-7b7f609301ab

This is not the place because Groundspeak has guidelines about posting certain things. Accusations and stuff like that are not allowed here. If you have complain about a reviewer then write reviewers@geocaching.com and file a complaint.

Your kidding right???? Groundspeak has lots of guidelines that aren't followed. If proof is required then lets start with proof of permission. I do respect you folks who take the company line however, maybe you can be a reviewer some day.

Your kidding right???? Groundspeak has lots of guidelines that aren't followed. If proof is required then lets start with proof of permission. I do respect you folks who take the company line however, maybe you can be a reviewer some day.

Don't mess with the moderators gerbilmafia they will kick you off.

Ummmmm I am a reviewer, thats why it say Co Admin as my user name. I reviewer the State of Colorado. I also have a few other duties here. One is to tell you that you need to write the email address I gave you. You see this is not YOUR forum. This is Groundspeak's forum that you are allowed to use if you follow the guidelines. Cause problems and you can lose that ability.

Hello Indiana Geocachers!

5-inches of snow and it is still falling :blink: . I wonder if anyone out there has found any caches today?

Cowboy was FTF on my newest this morning, he also picked up 2 others.

(O|||||||O)

Edited by BlackJeepSquadron

any one have any thoughts on the usa vs mexico soccer match in phoenix?

Let's see, I was told for the Super bowl because I live in NW Indiana I should be a Bears fan, so since I live in the USA I guess I'm suppose to be for Mexico.... Right?

yesss

Edited by thabigbird

Well said, Moletrap! I don't often visit Indiana, but I know I will be travelling through in July, and I am certainly looking forward to doing some earthcaches.

i’m somewhat new to this scene and not an extremely active geocacher. i have few finds but i’ve never placed a cache.

i’ve been reading these forums casually so let me see if i understand this correctly. a user has archived a few puzzle caches and a couple of earthcaches. now folks are lining up in quite a stir to adopt them.

i have not been to the locations this week, but i doubt the cacher removed the chunk of earth at the earthcache coordinates. i’m fairly certain the geological facts remain the same despite the recent cold spell and i don’t believe any cipher is copyrighted.

maybe we should all pull our noses out of our forums, set aside our cut n paste mentality, get off our duffs, open a book and create our own.

Hi.

I'm new, but enjoying this tremendously! I can't believe how much of this was right under my nose and I never noticed. No better way to play in the snow than this.

I look forward to meeting some of you!

Chris

Hello! Chris.

Hope you have as much fun with it as the rest of us.

As long as deermark says it's a"go". Doobies has to climb it again because deermark put a new cache up there :D<_<

If you are refering to Capt. McHarry's vault, I asume you will be going on Saturday after the breakfast?

Hopefully I will attempt that one sometime this weekend, (or early next week), but would like to do it for my 1000th.

But I need quite a few before that!

As long as deermark says it's a"go". Doobies has to climb it again because deermark put a new cache up there :D<_<

If you are refering to Capt. McHarry's vault, I asume you will be going on Saturday after the breakfast?

Hopefully I will attempt that one sometime this weekend, (or early next week), but would like to do it for my 1000th.

But I need quite a few before that!

I was going to make it my 1100th...but the cold weather put the kibosh on that.

it will now be 1082!

Cool Doug! thanks!

Hi.

I'm new, but enjoying this tremendously! I can't believe how much of this was right under my nose and I never noticed. No better way to play in the snow than this.

I look forward to meeting some of you!

Chris

Welcome Muddy Chris,

I am hosting an event out at France Park on Saturday Febuary 17th. It is listed as the Chilly- Chili Open (GCZP3Q). Take a look. Hope to see you there.

Chris-Team Shydog

...I look forward to meeting some of you!

I am hosting an event out at France Park on Saturday Febuary 17th. It is listed as the Chilly- Chili Open (GCZP3Q). Take a look. Hope to see you there.

Just as a blatent plug, two weeks after Team Shydog's event is our pizza gathering in West Lafayette, about an hour drive from Logansport. Check out our event page if you're interested in coming. We've had around 50 people the other two times that we held such a gathering, so there will likely be lots of faces to meet.

Welcome Muddy Chris,

Chris-Team Shydog

We are planning to visit, though it will likely be brief as I have to go to Chicago that afternoon. I am part of an already established group of musicians and cavers who just discovered Geocaching but I don't know how many of us will make it to France Park ... hopefully several. We actually cleanup trash around the park every spring as a group project, mostly in the dry quarry, and enjoy the time we spend there.

Thanks for the invite, I expect we will be there.

Chris

I went out yesterday and set up the geogolf course for the Chili-Chilly Open next Saturday. I also hid a new cache. I do have to say if was BRRRRRRRRRR..............Cold. I finally got my left big toe to move after about 45 minutes in the heat. That is the most I have been able to do caching wise in about 3 weeks. I am ready to get out and cache if this cold ever lets up. Come on Spring!!

Chris

Lead Dog, Patrick, Buddaman and I cached yesterday in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana. One of the caches was an EarthCache on the Lake Michigan shoreline in Wisconsin. It was mighty cold! Buddaman logged his 1000th cache on the trip, and all 4 of us earned our Platinum EarthCache Masters pins. I had the longest trip...just over 500 miles roundtrip and 14 1/2 hours...most of it in the back seat of Buddaman's car with Patrick! :huh:

It appears mother nature is about to unleash her furry on us this week. 16 inches of snow makes it quite intersesting for GEOCACHING in INDIANA. Better head out now and stock up on bread (beer) cuz the white stuff is coming..... Good luck Shy on the event this weekend.... I'll be there if my Ranger can make it...

Lead Dog, Patrick, Buddaman and I cached yesterday in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana. One of the caches was an EarthCache on the Lake Michigan shoreline in Wisconsin. It was mighty cold! Buddaman logged his 1000th cache on the trip, and all 4 of us earned our Platinum EarthCache Masters pins. I had the longest trip...just over 500 miles roundtrip and 14 1/2 hours...most of it in the back seat of Buddaman's car with Patrick! :cry:

CONGRATULATIONS to all 4 of you ! .... Somehow I think you probably deserve a bit more than that even Che !

Is there any reward higher then Platinum .. cuz in tolerance you Deserve one higher then that Che K ! :huh::huh:

Star

A few of us geocached in Indiana yesterday.

MAN! what a day!

Congratulations on making that climb!!!! Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray! Hip hip, hey, how are your hips today?

We like to fish on the KY side of the river. Our view is that series of knob cliffs. You won't find me trying to climb one of them any time soon. But I am very impressed by everyone who does!

cff94b14-b1a6-4e62-980e-1f9999cbc14a.jpg

That looks pleasant enough. When you get a glimpse from the side however, the actual slope of those little knobs becomes apparent. Here's another shot, taken over my mother-in-law's poles that shows one of those knobs in the background. The knob the vault is on should be somewhere in that photo 2520856a-7bd6-4f08-a63e-ec8d0ed3d80e.jpg

Edited by Neos2

Anyone going GEOCACHING in INDIANA today? I seriously doubt that I will even though I don't have to go into work today. Indeed, I'm not at work today due to a massive winter storm that's shut down the company for the first time in the six-plus years that I've been there. I would have to be totally crazy to go out in this weather. On the other hand, I did find a cache last Saturday in blistering wind and cold, so it's not impossible. :rolleyes:

Anyone going GEOCACHING in INDIANA today? I seriously doubt that I will even though I don't have to go into work today. Indeed, I'm not at work today due to a massive winter storm that's shut down the company for the first time in the six-plus years that I've been there. ...

Too bad you don't still work for Purdue. Then you could go into work like the rest of us. :rolleyes:

In the meantime why don't you go hide that cache in Benton county. We could call it "Mad Scientist Found Frozen in Car".