Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

I got this message from Mountain Climber this morning:

I have to apologies. I did not want to cause a problem.

I will have to do some research and find out just what we need for a

pod

cache. I have not approved one before that I can remember. I have to

check

out the Guidelines and with other reviewers.

Please don't panic yet. I know I was not very good at communicating the

reasons why I did not approve the cache.

I will let you know right away as soon as I find out what I am supposed

to

do.

It might take me a couple of days but I will be in contact with you

ASAP;

Best Regards

MC

Thanks for getting back to me and keeping me on my toes.

The topic in the General Forum has now been locked, but its not dead. Hopefully MC can bring us all some good news.

Actually, most Indiana Bears fans would be rooting wholeheartedly for the Colts if they were playing anybody other than DA BEARS. The Hoosier Bears tradition harkens back to the era before Indiana had a professional team. So it's really a win-win situation for Hoosier Bears fans. So we'll cache Saturday and party Sunday either way.... :blink::wub:;)

I know that we're all excited by the Colts' win, but I'm wondering what happened to Green Gecko. I just noticed that all of his caches are archived. Does anyone know what's going on?

The Bears lost? My email inbox went crasy with all of the archives between all of his accounts. Being so so close to him I lost all of the unknowns on my first page of gsak.

I know that we're all excited by the Colts' win, but I'm wondering what happened to Green Gecko. I just noticed that all of his caches are archived. Does anyone know what's going on?

I don't know what's going on, but I would much rather have seen those caches get adopted out rather than being archived. The agony of trying to solve them needs to be kept alive! (And I mean that in a good way!)

I don't know what's going on, but I would much rather have seen those caches get adopted out rather than being archived. The agony of trying to solve them needs to be kept alive! (And I mean that in a good way!)

Well that is really really sad , Greengecko challanged all of us to use our wits ... to think outside the box .. to get brain hemmorage's trying to solve these puzzles ...

Could this all be because of some malcontents that find it impossible to solve the puzzles , while the rest of us truely enjoyed the challanges ?

It saddens me greatly to know that the whining of a few may have contributed to the loss of such challanges .

People need to realize that if they are not up to , or simply do not want to complete certain caches they don't have to . They do not need to make it a personal vendetta to have them removed.

TO GreenGecko ... please please reconsider ... there are those of us in Indiana that love the challanges you put forth.

Star

It saddens me greatly to know that the whining of a few may have contributed to the loss of such challanges .

People need to realize that if they are not up to , or simply do not want to complete certain caches they don't have to . They do not need to make it a personal vendetta to have them removed.

This is not the reason for GG's departure. See the logs for "Childs Play" if you can. Although I think all the evidence has been destroyed. This is a shame. Take care GG......

This is not the reason for GG's departure. See the logs for "Childs Play" if you can. Although I think all the evidence has been destroyed. This is a shame. Take care GG......

It looks like Child's Play has been redacted. What did the logs say that would explain GG's "hanging it up", GM?

I was thinking that the two Earthcaches that GG archived could easily be revived. However, it might be a good idea to wait a bit before there is a rush to start adopting.

I was thinking that the two Earthcaches that GG archived could easily be revived. However, it might be a good idea to wait a bit before there is a rush to start adopting.

The reply I got from him, was that he was moving some of them to another site, while others he had already started pulling the containers. The Earthcaches, I know there are already quite a few cachers interested in keeping those alive. I just think it would be nice to be able to keep some of his puzzles in the game if at all possible. Between everything that I've heard or read about the time and effort that gets put into them, not to mention the number of headaches others get out of trying to solve them, (Present company included! :unsure: ) I really feel that these need to be preserved.

Just my $.02,

Kelly (Are_we_there_yet?)

I would really like to adopt Hunting of the Snark, and Childs Play just to keep them alive. I know that I never gave up on Childs Play spending many hours and nights on it every so often I would solve part of it.

My precious archive list doesn't even show it anymore I think that some else has adopted it already. I also liked it cause you could speak your mind without getting kicked off by offending someone unlike the forums.

i’m somewhat new to this scene and not an extremely active geocacher. i have few finds but i’ve never placed a cache.

i’ve been reading these forums casually so let me see if i understand this correctly. a user has archived a few puzzle caches and a couple of earthcaches. now folks are lining up in quite a stir to adopt them.

i have not been to the locations this week, but i doubt the cacher removed the chunk of earth at the earthcache coordinates. i’m fairly certain the geological facts remain the same despite the recent cold spell and i don’t believe any cipher is copyrighted.

maybe we should all pull our noses out of our forums, set aside our cut n paste mentality, get off our duffs, open a book and create our own.

Edited by moderator

This post has been edited by CYBret: Today, 04:53 AM

Shouldn't it say "Deleted by moderator"???

A nice day to all Indiana Geocachers

Nope, deleted looks totally different.

Happy Geocaching from Illinois.

Bret

But, in this case the effect is the same. Happy Geocaching from Bippus.

Edited by moderator

This post has been edited by CYBret: Today, 04:53 AM

Shouldn't it say "Deleted by moderator"???

A nice day to all Indiana Geocachers

Nope, deleted looks totally different.

Happy Geocaching from Illinois.

Bret

But, in this case the effect is the same. Happy Geocaching from Bippus.

Backatcha! :unsure:

Bret

As I stated on Child's play cache page, we have a topic on my precious' hides at indianageocaching.com. The facts have been posted on the archiving and the replies are building. We still ask to keep it clean and respectable. No one has adopted Child's play or Hunting snark they are lost in cyber space. :unsure:

Can someone tell me how to get to this site, or supply a link. I've been looking and can't seem to find it anywhere

I have a question what do you do when a reviewer is giving out waypoints to other cachers (friends)so they don't have to solve a puzzle cache? I thought this was a fair sport, but a reviewer is using his powers that are benefiting his friends. :unsure::):P:)

This is not the place for accusations. If you have 100% proof of it, then you should contact one of the other reviewers or someone from Groundspeak directly with the evidence you have.

Either that or quit stirring the pot.

(O|||||||O)