Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Wow, lots of interest i see. I would say the best thing to do, based on our locations, would be to all travel to a point along I-74 around Danville, IL, which is just across the state line.

Obviously, people from each area should get together and carpool from there. We'll meet in a parking lot, so if we can lose a car or two there, we will.

Since we really need to be there about sunrise, i would say we need to all be at danville by 5:30AM at the latest.

So, any suggestions on a date?

The INCA crew is looking for someone who might be interested in taking over and running our website. We have kinda puddered out overthe last several months for various reason and would hate to see the concept die. If you are intersted please let me know and I'll give you the details. Here's a link to the site:INCA

www.nightcacher.org

Wow, lots of interest i see. I would say the best thing to do, based on our locations, would be to all travel to a point along I-74 around Danville, IL, which is just across the state line.

Obviously, people from each area should get together and carpool from there. We'll meet in a parking lot, so if we can lose a car or two there, we will.

Since we really need to be there about sunrise, i would say we need to all be at danville by 5:30AM at the latest.

So, any suggestions on a date?

PUT ME ON THE LIST! i'M ALL IN!!!

:(

Lead Dog read me all the posts for JOURNAL. I don't think a dog has ever done it. Would I be the first? Are we gonna have a guide who's been there? A lot of groups did. :( Are we meeting somewhere and then carpool to it, We need more details, man! Do you think we can do it in one day? Flesh out some more info for us, we'

re psyched! How many people have signed on. Will it be cold? Do I need booties? Huh? :D

I kind of doubt we will be able to get a guide. Hate to burst your bubble, but theres a dog in some of the pics along with one of the groups. You'd probably be the first hoosier hound to complete it, though.

We're all planning to carpool, but it seems like there will be several groups from different areas carpooling. Gather up a carload (or two!) from your area and head for the original journal coords. Be there at 7:30 AM.

I think with all the people we'll have, completing it in a day will be no problem. Lots of people are signed on, at least a dozen, more piling up.

I'm afraid the weather forecast doesn't go quite that far yet.. ask me again a week before the date!

I do know theres a creek to cross, but at your height, i don't think booties will cut it. Some previous groups have used garbage bags to cross slowly (but dryly). Bring some heavy duty ones, or some waders, if you want to stay nice and dry in the cold weather.

The hike seems to depend on how smart you are figuring up where to go next. 10 miles certainly doesn't seem out of the question. If you're looking for something to do, read through the past logs. Theres alot of useful tidbits about the trail and soforth in them.

I thought you didn't care about the pin, Lead Dog?

Nice avatar, by the way. :(

WOOO HOOO Welcome to the INDIANA Forums Che K !!!

And I do agree that is a very fine avatar that LeadDog is sporting ! :wub:

Star

Thanks, Star! Lead Dog would not rest until I entered the Indiana forum. This will keep him quiet for a little while anyway...until he thinks of something else I "should be" doing. He is the self-appointed manager of my geocaching career.

Both Lead Dog's and Patrick's avatars look a little familiar to me. Like maybe I took the photos. :wub:

I can get Lead dog to bring some brandy, it warms our bellies...Random find are you there?

Patrick

Sorry, we don't get of the forums too much. Where are you going?

Annette

Random Find

I shouted out to you yesterday, when you were lurking. There are big plans for a caravan to Illinois to do THE JOURNAL, roughest toughest cache in the Midwest--12 miles of multi over hill and dale--I don't know if I will go tho, it might be too rough or cold for me...I did the seven mile hike two weeks ago, but still... :(

I kind of doubt we will be able to get a guide. Hate to burst your bubble, but theres a dog in some of the pics along with one of the groups. You'd probably be the first hoosier hound to complete it, though.

We're all planning to carpool, but it seems like there will be several groups from different areas carpooling. Gather up a carload (or two!) from your area and head for the original journal coords. Be there at 7:30 AM.

I think with all the people we'll have, completing it in a day will be no problem. Lots of people are signed on, at least a dozen, more piling up.

I'm afraid the weather forecast doesn't go quite that far yet.. ask me again a week before the date!

I do know theres a creek to cross, but at your height, i don't think booties will cut it. Some previous groups have used garbage bags to cross slowly (but dryly). Bring some heavy duty ones, or some waders, if you want to stay nice and dry in the cold weather.

The hike seems to depend on how smart you are figuring up where to go next. 10 miles certainly doesn't seem out of the question. If you're looking for something to do, read through the past logs. Theres alot of useful tidbits about the trail and soforth in them.

Doug, et al...

I hear tell, with the Journal..

YOU WILL GET WET.

Plan accordingly. That creek crossing apparently happens several times.

It's kind of quiet in here tonight. Every one must be out finding all the new caches that just popped up. Too bad that of the 5 that were close to me, 4 of them were mine. B)

(O|||||||O)

yeaaaah, I saw some of those.

I've been down with the flu all day. I'm hoping to be better by tomorrow. I need a good day of numbers so I can hit 2000 by the end of the year.

Planning on doing that at a cache in Indiana too. Hmmmmmm.. :)

Bret

It's kind of quiet in here tonight. Every one must be out finding all the new caches that just popped up. Too bad that of the 5 that were close to me, 4 of them were mine. B)

(O|||||||O)

yeaaaah, I saw some of those.

I've been down with the flu all day. I'm hoping to be better by tomorrow. I need a good day of numbers so I can hit 2000 by the end of the year.

Planning on doing that at a cache in Indiana too. Hmmmmmm.. :)

Bret

On MY side of the state line? B)

(O|||||||O)

I thought you didn't care about the pin, Lead Dog?

Nice avatar, by the way. B)

WOOO HOOO Welcome to the INDIANA Forums Che K !!!

And I do agree that is a very fine avatar that LeadDog is sporting ! B)

Star

Thanks, Star! Lead Dog would not rest until I entered the Indiana forum. This will keep him quiet for a little while anyway...until he thinks of something else I "should be" doing. He is the self-appointed manager of my geocaching career.

Both Lead Dog's and Patrick's avatars look a little familiar to me. Like maybe I took the photos. :)

It is just good to see you come visit ! ( I kinda figured maybe you had something to do with the photos! B) )

I was stopping for the night in my semi at one of my favorite spots (Pilot in Fremont, IN) for my 10 hr break and shower and was asked where I got my garmin hat and after a few minutes of talking I discovered that I was talking to another geocacher! Nice meeting you Amber of the HERD!! We spent a few hrs talking geocaching and that was much needed !!

I was stopping for the night in my semi at one of my favorite spots (Pilot in Fremont, IN) for my 10 hr break and shower and was asked where I got my garmin hat and after a few minutes of talking I discovered that I was talking to another geocacher! Nice meeting you Amber of the HERD!! We spent a few hrs talking geocaching and that was much needed !!

Wait...shouldn't she have been working!?!?!?

:D

On MY side of the state line? :D

(O|||||||O)

Quick quick!!! Setup a road block! You take 40, and Ill take 70!!!!!!! :D

Do your worst! Captain Blackbeard's on MY side! :D

Darn straight, let them block the major highways, I'll get you through. :D

Eleven caches to go an we'll be heading your way, Cap'n! :D

Yep she was, I arrived 30 minutes before she was scheduled to end her shift. However I had to wait an extra 15 minutes because it got busy towards the end of her shift. That is a busy place!! Glad to know of that a cacher will be working there when I return in future visits!! BTW will be stopping by there again this monday and on my return trip later that night. Funny thing is that I stop at that Pilot probably 5-6 times a week for the past 2 months and she did once before asked me about that garmin hat I was wearing, however I was too much a hurry to talk much.

BTW Bret, Nice job on the layout of the event cache page. :D

Thanks! The manager at Cheeseburger in Paradise seems kind of excited to have us there. We'll show him, huh?!?!? :D

Good deal!! I cant wait (to meet all these crazies Ive been watching) to meet all these new people! :D

Yep she was, I arrived 30 minutes before she was scheduled to end her shift. However I had to wait an extra 15 minutes because it got busy towards the end of her shift. That is a busy place!! Glad to know of that a cacher will be working there when I return in future visits!! BTW will be stopping by there again this monday and on my return trip later that night. Funny thing is that I stop at that Pilot probably 5-6 times a week for the past 2 months and she did once before asked me about that garmin hat I was wearing, however I was too much a hurry to talk much.

Please don't feed her coin habit! It's like a raccoon. You give them one treat, and they won't go away. Eventually the campers leave for the season and the raccoon dies of starvation because they never learned to find food for themselves! :D:D

Brad

I hit Cache #400 today with Lead Dog, ThaBigBird, Butterfly Angel, ThaJrBigBird and Butterfly Angel jr. while GEOCACHING in Wabash, INDIANA... WHOO-HOO!!!

Dogs Rule, Pigs Drool!!

:D:D:D

GO GATORS! BEAT OHIO ST.!!! :D

Congrats on your 400th log yesterday, Patrick! Hear you had a great day! :D

I hit Cache #400 today with Lead Dog, ThaBigBird, Butterfly Angel, ThaJrBigBird and Butterfly Angel jr. while GEOCACHING in Wabash, INDIANA... WHOO-HOO!!!

Dogs Rule, Pigs Drool!!

:D:D:D

GO GATORS! BEAT OHIO ST.!!! :D

Congrats on your 400th log yesterday, Patrick! Hear you had a great day! :D

Yes Many Congratulations to you PATRICK !! Yer one awsome geodog !

Star

<_<

Too much of a hurry to talk...that doesn't sound much like a cacher!

Anyway, it was great talking with you. Nice way to wind down after a REALLY busy work day! And I REALLY like the coin. Wish I had one to trade with you...if I could only talk Brad into it! WHEN I do...you will be on our list.

I have Monday off, going caching all day in the Hillsdale area. To bad you are working...you could join us!