Indiana Cachers Hello !

Team Tigger International

Here in the Northern parts of INDIANA we are preparing for ice and snow !

YUCK !

It was snowing lightly about 1/2 hour ago here in South Bend, but it looks like the brunt of the big snowstorm has passed us by.

It's been all rain so far. Even LaPorte County in the Lake Effect snow belt has not gotten anything.

Maybe I can head over that way this weekend and grab some caches.

To all:

SixDogTeam and TTI are up for a free hiking staff. GO PUT YOUR VOTE IN.

CONTEST

:tired::(:ph34r:

Thanks for the plug gc hound ! We sure do hope that sixdogteam can win the staff !!

Star

No problem, but you do know you are up for a staff to? :(

"The winner and the person they posted about will receive a staff by Christmas. Sothere will actually be 2 staffs given away." from the op.

To all:

SixDogTeam and TTI are up for a free hiking staff. GO PUT YOUR VOTE IN.

CONTEST

:ph34r::(:(

Thanks for the plug gc hound ! We sure do hope that sixdogteam can win the staff !!

Star

Gosh, guys I never knew this contest was going on! Thanks for the nominations--we are humbled to be in the final five.

If we win, Team Tigger gets a hiking staff too, for nominating us. There are some real popular cachers in this contest, so I don't really expect that many votes, but if you want to here's how to do it:

Here are the final 5. I do want to say it was really hard to narrow it down to just 5. You have until Monday at 5pm EST to email your vote at JC364@aol.com. Only one vote will be accepted. If you try to vote more than once I will void all your votes. Voting in the forums won't count as a vote. Time to go rally support for your nominations. Good luck!!

El Diablo

Thanks Star and Wulf and GCHound! :tired:

Okay, okay. I know I'm tooting my own horn here... but...

The current issue of the Southside Times in Indy has a front page article by yours truly on geocaching.

The Oldtimers are now front page news.

The paper is a weekly freebie. The most reliable source is the box in front of the Southside Times office in Beech Grove.

Ok cache was placed out today so be on the look out for it. There are two TB's and two special geocoins that were donated to us from campexplorer and fresh lemon fresh dog. As soon as we locate where we put the Indiana geocoin it will be put in there as well.

This was the closest we could put the cache without it being on the Girl Scout property since they turned the cache down. So it is in a Logansport Park that is always forgotten.

Good Luck

Okay, okay. I know I'm tooting my own horn here... but...

The current issue of the Southside Times in Indy has a front page article by yours truly on geocaching.

The Oldtimers are now front page news.

The paper is a weekly freebie. The most reliable source is the box in front of the Southside Times office in Beech Grove.

Way to go Piggy!. What kind of horn was that, btw?

:laughing::laughing::ph34r:

Edited by SixDogTeam

oppps I thought I was on my account Shrimpy96 not mom's :laughing:

I would like to take a min to thank all the Geocachers who have helped my mom ( OCGSL) and I get our cache out with wonderful donations. Thanks so much!

KelseyGotGSCookieCacheBox.jpg

I have been working on my Junior Girl Scout Bronze award since last year. Today with the posting of the Got GS Cookies? cache I have earned the Bronze award! I will be planning to put more caches out here locally to help clean up forgotten places. I have also become the manager of any Geocoins left for our Troops collection. The collection will be used to do a Geocaching camp or class. Our troop is working on designing a locked glass display case to put the Geocoins in our meeting house the Studio of Dreams.

Special note to Patrick: I will get mom to get you a High Tehc Hide & Seek Badge you have gone way beyond earning it! I will try to get it in the cache by this weekend.

Anyways thanks again for making Geocaching so much fun! I love going out finding the caches I tend to find them before the rest of my family.

Edited by Shrimpy96

Well, Star and Wulf and I didn't win the El Diablo Hiking Staff, but I would like to thank everybody who voted for us. Diablo said there was only a few votes separating the winner from the 5th place finisher, but he might have just been being kind to the losers, I don't know. Anyway, Thanks you-all! :laughing: Continue CACHING IN INDIANA!

3402e0be-742c-4cf4-b048-688ae9ef7e55.jpg

This is Deermark's Group Photo of Doug Smiley's Westwood GAS SAVER TRAILMIX that we attended last Saturday, when Buddaman was kind enuff to drive us down.

Doug should get a special award at the annual dinner for this event. He put out over 20 permanent amm box geocaches around the lake, then acted as tour guide as we hiked and busHwacked around the lake finding them all. DOOBIES, with his 14-14 vision led the bushwacking aspect. He can see trails where the rest of us just see jungle, so he was on point.

About 20 folks made the seven-mile hike on a sunny 27-35 degree day. AND three geo-dogs braved the elements also: A pit bull (Rocky), a Maltese (Doc), and a Jack Russell Terrier (Patrick).

DOUG, YOU ARE AWESOME!! :laughing:

It's thawing here...now we can get back to GEOCACHING IN INDIANA.

What?!? Were we supose to stop?!?

<_< Merry Christmas Indiana Cachers!! :mad:

Sure was nice today. Hope everyone had a chance to find a few while the weather was good. Not many 'good' days left.

But I guess any day that you're out caching is a good day!

:) Merry Christmas Indiana Cachers!! :mad:

Sure was nice today. Hope everyone had a chance to find a few while the weather was good. Not many 'good' days left.

So what were you doin' caching on MY side of the state line today?!?!?!!? <_<

<_< Merry Christmas Indiana Cachers!! :unsure:

So what were you doin' caching on MY side of the state line today?!?!?!!? :rolleyes:

Well if you can hide them on MY side of the state line, I can find them on YOUR side of the state line.

(O|||||||O)

I suppose that's fair.

Speaking of your side of the state line, you feelin' up for another "Wings n' Things" next month? :unsure:

You have my undivided attention <_<

Good! You gotta come back!

We're kicking around some locations. We outgrew both BW3 and Beef O'Brady's pretty fast. We're talking about an idea and might go with a slightly different theme if we can make the location work. Hopefully we'll have something up in the next few weeks. :rolleyes:

Bret

I suppose that's fair.

Speaking of your side of the state line, you feelin' up for another "Wings n' Things" next month? :rolleyes:

You have my undivided attention <_<

Good! You gotta come back!

We're kicking around some locations. We outgrew both BW3 and Beef O'Brady's pretty fast. We're talking about an idea and might go with a slightly different theme if we can make the location work. Hopefully we'll have something up in the next few weeks. :unsure:

You know I'll be there!

Bret

Sorry that post didn't come out right.

I've been thinking about having a get together, but if you've allready got something in mind go right ahead with it. It's easier for me just to show up than it is to plan it. I know some of the newer 'guys' are ready for one.

(O|||||||O)